Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Domane wrote: »
    Galibier are giving a discount off their new energie bib tights (works out at £9.73) Just use code "enrg" at the checkout. I've become a big fan of this company's clothing range and I'm sure these bibs will be top notch like their Mistral jacket that kept the wind and rain off me today.

I'll pin my flag and say I am a fan too. (Is that a sentence?) I've bought the full winter tights.

All I have worn since October is their Mistral jacket with an aldi/lidl base layer and it has been sureal, there may be witchcraft involved.

The only con so far is, that I bought their winter jacket and have had no reason to use it due to the Mistral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Galibier are giving a discount off their new energie bib tights (works out at £9.73) Just use code "enrg" at the checkout. I've become a big fan of this company's clothing range and I'm sure these bibs will be top notch like their Mistral jacket that kept the wind and rain off me today.
    Just to be clear in case like me anyone thinks is bargain of the year, it's a discount of £ 9.39 not a final price of £ 9.73!!!:pac: (well at least that's what I got off the initial price of £ 77.00 excl shipping (if applicable)).

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Cheers for that, just nabbed a pair as a long overdue upgrade on my current DHB ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

I'll pin my flag and say I am a fan too. (Is that a sentence?) I've bought the full winter tights.

All I have worn since October is their Mistral jacket with an aldi/lidl base layer and it has been sureal, there may be witchcraft involved.

The only con so far is, that I bought their winter jacket and have had no reason to use it due to the Mistral.

I'd agree that they must sprinkle some fairy dust on the Mistral jacket as I too wear just a long sleeve base layer under it and I stay nice and toasty (but never sweaty) no matter how cold or wet it is. Even in yesterday's driving rain, the water just beaded on the surface and ran off it.
    g0g wrote: »
    Just to be clear in case like me anyone thinks is bargain of the year, it's a discount of £ 9.39 not a final price of £ 9.73!!!:pac: (well at least that's what I got off the initial price of £ 77.00 excl shipping (if applicable)).

Ah c'mon, Galibier have great customer service (and have been known to throw in little goodies like free socks or gloves with your order) but even they couldn't sell these bibs at less than a tenner!:D
    Crocked wrote: »
    Cheers for that, just nabbed a pair as a long overdue upgrade on my current DHB ones

I used to have DHB bibs too and I'm sure the Galibier will be a major improvement especially in the pad. They have a no quibble guarantee that if you're not happy, you just return them and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Anyone know where the cheapest mavic akisuims ate at the moment? Either the WTS or just the wheelset.

• Advertisement

breanach78 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the cheapest mavic akisuims ate at the moment? Either the WTS or just the wheelset.

Try here for a start...

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/accessories/#open=&category=parts&subcat=10411

For handy and fast delivery, you'd be hard pushed to find better that this http://www.swimcyclerun.com/wheelsroad/mavic-aksium-red-wheelset.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

breanach78 wrote: »

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=143062;menu=1000,4,123,30;mid%5B21%5D=1;orderby=2

Mio Cyclo 105 H wireless bicycle computer like a Garmin 500

No idea how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No idea how good it is.

Do you know, if you can change the language setting on it?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Do you know, if you can change the language setting on it?

It's on Wiggle so depending on the language you want?

I'd Imagine it has english?

I have hyperlinks sussed! :D

Edit- http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/08/an-early-hands-on-look-at-mios-new-ant.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

No idea how good it is.

Sold out now ....

would their ANt+ work with a Garmin 500??
    (yes i know, i really havent a clue ..... :confused: )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

As I understand it ANT+ works with ANT+ compatible devices - regardless of who makes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

As I understand it ANT+ works with ANT+ compatible devices - regardless of who makes them.
    I break rule 42, so have 310xt watch rather than a cycling specific garmin (810 still on my wish list), but here's my experience...

I've a generic speed and cadence sensor from china (was €24 delivered, from that popular website that we're not supposed to speak of), that paired no problem with my Garmin watch. It's on my second bike, and only difference from my garmin speed and cadence sensors that are on the good bike is that it's not as neat on the machine or as easily fitted - but in terms of data and display, there's no difference.

I've also a generic ant+ footpod (that also paired no problem), which before buying I googled, and iirc there's an Ant+ website that gives compatible/ certified products.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The point of ant+ is to ensure that any ant+ device can receive ant+ data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

ANT+ is a protocol so if a device or sensor is designed to communicate via ANT+ then any device listening in on the same protocol will work regardless of manufacturer. Similar to HTTP or HTTPS, it's a protocol rather than a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Thats a yes so ...... :P

I might try get one on a far eastern site..... Was never sure about if they would work or not !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: They're not bargains! Keep the chat to another thread please, this thread is for bargains only!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

mosstin wrote: »
    Galibier merino base layers £36. 100% wool. £5 off with code NZ SHEEP. Can't link at the moment.

The Merino now down to £32.50 and the NZ SHEEP code still works to bring it down £5 further. Link is here: http://galibier.cc/product/merino-long/

I have to agree on the Mistral being an incredible jacket. I am heartened to hear that someone else had sizing issues. I normally wear M or L regular clothing but I wear an XXL in the jacket. It certainly had me worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

The Merino now down to £32.50 and the NZ SHEEP code still works to bring it down £5 further. Link is here: http://galibier.cc/product/merino-long/

I have to agree on the Mistral being an incredible jacket. I am heartened to hear that someone else had sizing issues. I normally wear M or L regular clothing but I wear an XXL in the jacket. It certainly had me worried.

Yeah, I ordered the large Mistral but couldn't close the zip (even though I'm usually the L size). Sent it back and got the XXL and it fits like a glove. Cheers for the heads up on the base layer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Pulled the trigger on a merino. 32 euro delivered - hard to argue with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Maybe not a bargain but a good tip for some people I hope.

Halfords will do a price match on any cycle stuff with any online retailer once it meets the requirements below, which are not too stressing.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_14552_productId_945392_langId_-1_categoryId_null

I got Shimano A600 pedals - were €88.49 in Halfords and they price matched with Chain Reaction and got them for €62.99.
    Shimano R065 shoes - were €79.99 in Halfords and they price matched with Chain Reaction and got them for €52.99.

Found it very handy to try on the shoes in the store to get the correct size and also get them at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 samshipee

www dot superstarcomponents dot com/en/clearance-icon-ultra-11speed-wheelsets-2024.htm

£99 Decent wheels for the price if the colours suit, even if they're just for the winter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

samshipee wrote: »
    www dot superstarcomponents dot com/en/clearance-icon-ultra-11speed-wheelsets-2024.htm

£99 Decent wheels for the price if the colours suit, even if they're just for the winter bike.

I've opened a discussion about these wheels here if anyone wants to contribute. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

Some good reductions in CycleSurgery Footwear sale. Limited stocks in Dundrum but they will transfer the stock to Dundrum from another store for you. 40% off Specialized shoes and they then give you a £1 for €1 conversion rate, example
    Specialized Comp MTB Shoe
    Normal price: £129 (€166)
    Reduced price: £78 (€100)
    Price in store: €78 Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

EH wrote: »
    Some good reductions in CycleSurgery Footwear sale. Limited stocks in Dundrum but they will transfer the stock to Dundrum from another store for you. 40% off Specialized shoes and they then give you a £1 for €1 conversion rate, example
    Specialized Comp MTB Shoe
    Normal price: £129 (€166)
    Reduced price: £78 (€100)
    Price in store: €78 Dundrum

did you go in shop or can you ring up or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Crocked wrote: »

Just a quick update. Received these last week and got to test them out in the snowy weather on Saturday. Once I'd warmed up after a couple of Km they kept my legs warm for the 90 mins or so of my spin in what was pretty constant snow/hail/sleet. They are extremely comfortable, even when the chamois was soaked from the wet roads it was still comfy unlike the chamois in my cheaper DHB ones which becomes uncomfortable in wet conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

I called into the store with a printout from the website. Their store stock system doesn't seem to register the Dundrum store on the website. The shoes I wanted weren't in stock so they organised the transfer and I got an e-mail when they came into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

29er crossrides here at a reasonable price

https://www.merlincycles.com/mavic-crossride-mtb-wheelset-2016-88174.html

the 26" are out of stock, just wondering if anyone knows of where I might get them at a similar price?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I have a set of these,

http://www.wiggle.com/lezyne-femto-drive-led-light-set/

and have the front one placed below the stem, its not as obvious that it is there, it might last a bit longer
    it gives adequate light for me, but I just use lights to let people know I am there, I am rarely out when its really dark.

im looking for cheap cheap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

brownian wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a merino. 32 euro delivered - hard to argue with that.

Got the merino. It's nice - not quite as nice as the icebreaker equivalent, and the logo on the neck is a bit big and white-on-a-black-background. But nice, and fair value at 32 euro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement