Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not sure, TBH, but they take oversize items and you can collect them from the nearest Nightline depot. I've got a couple of frames from the UK through PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

torydiver wrote: »
    Delivery was 15 to Ireland, but only 3 to Parcel motel

Slightly off topic, often considered buying a wheelset and sending to parcel motel,
    Just wondering if parcel motel box's big enough for a set of wheels,
    Anyone any experience[/QUOTE]

You can set your home address now as the delivery address so the parcel goes to PM then they deliver out to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

But at extra price I assume? In this case Parcel Wizard will be cheaper, delivered to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

jamesd wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, often considered buying a wheelset and sending to parcel motel,
    Just wondering if parcel motel box's big enough for a set of wheels,
    Anyone any experience

You can set your home address now as the delivery address so the parcel goes to PM then they deliver out to your house.

I know it is off topic, but DPD has the same sevrice, home delivery, and it appears to be one price fits all from what I can gather, but I am not sure about that. https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/uk-virtual-address I haven't tried it but people in work have.

Thats what I was referring to. Used them a few times already and they seem to make no fuss about large / heavy boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Another day another derailed bargains thread.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Gentle reminder. As per the first post, chat is allowed provided it's kept to a minimum and is bargain related.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

DPD delivery to home or collect in depot whichever suits.great service use them for planet x UK stuff all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

From the galibier FBI book page...

20 only, this weekend. 79 Sterling.

https://www.facebook.com/GalibierVelo/?fref=ts

Contains:
    Winter jacket bundle
    Jacket £69
    Départ Ergofit Overshoe £24
    Skull Cap £9
    Multi scarf £5
    Total Retail : £107

Colombière Winter jacket Bundle

Honestly, I don't have anything to do with them.

Wore most of the bundle today and really pleased with it. Got caught in a shower and the jacket was excellent. I couldn't find a long sleeve base layer but really didn't need one as the jacket was nice and cosy 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Not a specific bargain but Rose are doing free shipping for orders over 80 euro this weekend. Take these for example (buy a gel to get over mark)

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/shimano-wh-r501--28700-c-road-wheel-set/aid:100100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Just in the Tesco extra Naas and picked up a large spray bottle of Muc off bike cleaner for 3.10. I think it's this one:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/muc-off-nano-tech-bike-cleaner/rp-prod520

Paddy

PS it wasn't with the bike stuff, but down with the car cleaning stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Ok, so I've become a big fan of this company and their cycling apparel. They have a new deal on that includes:
    Energie bib shorts
    Ardennes roubaix arm warmers
    Socks
    Toe covers
    All the above for £76

I have the energie bib tights and they're fantastic, very warm and the pad is comfy.

Great deal as the bib shorts alone are £64. Everything I've bought from them to date is excellent quality, the Mistral jacket, Energie bib tights, Merino base layer etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Garmin 520 performance bundle €266.50 + €11 shipping €278 total

http://www.xxcycle.com/garmin-edge-520-hrm-bundle-cycling-gps-010-01369-00,,en.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

^ Vat is added to countries with in the EU, brings it up to 330 + shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Boscoirl wrote: »
    ^ Vat is added to countries with in the EU, brings it up to 330 + shipping

Sorry just seen delivery was to the USA was thinking it was a good deal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bryton Rider 60 + HRM for 260 (with clearance code)

It's a big improvement on the Rider 50, loads of features, although the software is nowhere near as good as Garmin, and strava uploading is a little more annoying

the software is nowhere near as good as Garmin

Is Garmin software anywhere near "good"? :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Alek wrote: »
    Is Garmin software anywhere near "good"? :eek:

MOD VOICE: Not a discussion relevant to the bargain alerts thread, start another thread or leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Altura Transformer convertable jacket £25 stg. Ordered one of these last thursday and it arrived today. Haven't tried it on the road yet but impressions good.

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/altura_transformer_windproof_water_resistant_cycling_jacket-ID_61698?source=aw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

silvercrest-kopfhoerer-skh-50-a1-zoom--44.jpg

Not immediately cycling related but I use these on the turbo to save my expensive cans from a sweaty death and they're fantastic. Indistinguishable from my Dre Beats except the decimal point is one digit over in the price tag. 15 euro instead of 150:rolleyes:. I bought three sets before Christmas and all still functioning perfectly. Just see them back in today so I bought another set!

Go on the Lidl revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Usn protein seed and nut bar 65g €1 each. Checky expiry date before buying
    http://www.mrprice.ie/p/usn-protein-seed-and-nut-bar-/6009702506845

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I should never have joined FBI Book.

#le_sigh

Galibier have their Ardennes Roubaix Leg Warmer on offer, so 22 stg to 17 stg using the code "march5"

I have the arm warmer version and they are lovely but not worn out yet due to Mistral ownership.

I'd go for the leg warmers but I think I need to invent a new identity first, so they don't think I'm some sort of Galibier gear addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Bought the Garmin 520 (non bundle) for 227.99 with free delivery on Evans few days back. Bundle is around 308 plus delivery on Rosebikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Bought the 520 non bundle for 227.99 with free delivery on Evans few days back. Bundle is around 308 plus delivery on Rosebikes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

sy wrote: »
    Bought the Garmin 520 (non bundle) for 227.99 with free delivery on Evans few days back. Bundle is around 308 plus delivery on Rosebikes

Brilliant price, I paid €249 inc delivery for mine from Evans a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Dave_White

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/pinarello-gents-bike/9998563

it looks genuine... for 250 it's a real bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Dave_White wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/pinarello-gents-bike/9998563

it looks genuine... for 250 it's a real bargain

Yes it is. If you are over 6 foot tall. Its a size 64 frame

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ribble are doing 10, 20 and 40 £ GPB off for 100, 200 and 400 £ spends. With that in mind, anyone running Campy can get the Zonda winter wheel package (including tyres and tubes) for 305 quid

codes, ribble10, ribble20, ribble40. It ends today and postage is another 12 I think generally with Ribble.

Also

a pair of ex-display Ksyrium Equipes for 230 might be a decent set for someone. Campy again

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Weepsie wrote: »
    Ribble are doing 10, 20 and 40 £ GPB off for 100, 200 and 400 £ spends. With that in mind, anyone running Campy can get the Zonda winter wheel package (including tyres and tubes) for 305 quid

codes, ribble10, ribble20, ribble40. It ends today and postage is another 12 I think generally with Ribble.

On top of that, they've recently changed something in their site which requires all signed up members to reset password. In exchange for doing this they'll give you 5% off everything in an order (not sure how it breaks down with the other discounts included though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

clog wrote: »
    Altura Transformer convertable jacket £25 stg. Ordered one of these last thursday and it arrived today. Haven't tried it on the road yet but impressions good.

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/altura_transformer_windproof_water_resistant_cycling_jacket-ID_61698?source=aw

this arrived today, its a good fit, looking forward to trying it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement