Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mezzanine08

Boscoirl wrote: »
    this arrived today, its a good fit, looking forward to trying it out.

So is the Altura sizing guide on that site correct or do I need to go one up? It's recommending a small but I'm tempted to go with the medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Ksyrium Elites are €389 for the pair on 4thebike.de tonight. They also have Conti GP 4000's for €32.95. Postage is €18.95 extra on the wheels but they still are a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

Ksyrium Elites are €389 for the pair on 4thebike.de tonight. They also have Conti GP 4000's for €32.95. Postage is €18.95 extra on the wheels but they still are a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

Just wondering why the blue and red set are so much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

sann wrote: »
    Just wondering why the blue and red set are so much more expensive.

The same wheel just the colors are more desirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

jamesd wrote:
    The same wheel just the colors are more desirable.

Ya. Thought the same. A lot of money for a different coloured hub!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crippens1

Cyclesuperstore have (to me) a good deal on clearance on various Cannnondale 2015 models. They seem to have a range of sizes rather than the usual extremes offered in clearcance sales. Price €1,699-1,799 for the Synapse 105 5 and 105 6 caught my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Getting back to cycling after few months off and decided to celebrate this with a pair of new shoes - Specialized S-Works @ €191 from evanscycles if you manage to get them in your size and color (which I had to compromise on) - they're in clearance plus if you use CLEAR20 code - you get 20% off - I believe they're €240 otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

omri wrote: »
    Getting back to cycling after few months off and decided to celebrate this with a pair of new shoes - Specialized S-Works @ €191 from evanscycles if you manage to get them in your size and color (which I had to compromise on) - they're in clearance plus if you use CLEAR20 code - you get 20% off - I believe they're €240 otherwise.

I can't find these. Have you got a link please?

*Nevermind, found them, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Sorry was afk for a while - I think they're on sale rather than clearance but the promo applies to all clearance items they have but won't hurt trying on other stuff - maybe it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

copied from the zwift thread - garmin vivofit bundle (Ant + dongle and HR strap) 59 quid.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/fitness-trackers/garmin-vivofit-black-bundle
    My misses has the vivofit and it's not a bad wee (basic) tracker. No gps tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Spotted this on HUKD. Would make a nice winter/commuting bike
    prod_79788.jpg

On sale at Winstanleys Bikes (UK) for £399 but a lot of bike for the money

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/79788/Saracen_Tenet_3_2015_Bike_RN952352

Spec's:-

Frame: Tenet road 6061 Lightweight Hydroformed Alloy tubing / disc / mudguard eyelets
    Fork: Full Carbon / Tapered Steerer / Mudguard eyelets
    Cranks: Shimano FC-R565 34/50T 170-175mm
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-4600
    Pedals: Resin Non Slip Platform
    Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4600
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 4601 SS
    Shifters: Shimano Tiagra ST-4600 10 speed
    Cassette: Shimano CS-4600 10-speed cassette 12-30T
    Chain: Shimano 4601
    Hubs: Formula CX20/22 Alloy LW Black 24/28h front / rear
    Rims: Araya AR-713 Black 24/28h
    Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano 700 x 25c
    Brakes: Tektro Mira 400 160/140mm
    Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra
    Handlebar: Saracen Alloy Drop-bar 420-440mm wide / 70mm reach / 120 Drop / 31.6mm
    Headset: FSA No.42
    Stem: Saracen 6061 90-110mm A-Head / 7degree rise / 31.8mm clamp
    Grips: Saracen suede
    Saddle: Kore Fazer EX
    Seat Post: Kore Fazer EX

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Love that paint job! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

40% off clearance items at planet x with PXPPP40
    Looks to be some reasonably good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

lennymc wrote: »
    40% off clearance items at planet x with PXPPP40
    Looks to be some reasonably good deals.

the postage is a killer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

dunworth1 wrote: »
    the postage is a killer though

Parcel motel is your friend :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Parcel motel is your friend :)

Ask them before ordering a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

These overshoes getting a lot of heat over on HUKD. Price seems very good even if you have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

g0g wrote: »
    These overshoes getting a lot of heat over on HUKD. Price seems very good even if you have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

€16 delivery defo a parcel motel job!

Are they any good though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paudie2005

So is the Altura sizing guide on that site correct or do I need to go one up? It's recommending a small but I'm tempted to go with the medium.

I'm 5ft7, 63kg. Medium fits fine. Would fit someone slightly bigger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Unsure as to whether anyone has used them but goodbikegear.com have a pretty good price on the Powertap C1. Apparently it comes with a free Cyclops Joule. Free shipping to Ireland. Total comes to around €650. http://www.goodbikegear.com/PowerTap-C1-Chainring-Powermeter?gclid=CNrPl8LBvssCFWFQ2wod6HUE-g

I'm not sure how reputable they are but tempted to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone ordered these?

manafana wrote: »

anyone ordered these?
    Add your reply here.
    Yes I order 2 pairs, delivered to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Unsure as to whether anyone has used them but goodbikegear.com have a pretty good price on the Powertap C1. Apparently it comes with a free Cyclops Joule. Free shipping to Ireland. Total comes to around €650. http://www.goodbikegear.com/PowerTap-C1-Chainring-Powermeter?gclid=CNrPl8LBvssCFWFQ2wod6HUE-g

I'm not sure how reputable they are but tempted to pick one up.

Not too bad a price but remember that it is just for the unit, you will need a 5 bolt crank to put them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

jamesd wrote: »
    Add your reply here.
    Yes I order 2 pairs, delivered to parcel motel.

I got them from Sealskinz direct before Christmas (they were £11.49 incl. delivery). They're good although the under-toe material tore and wore within a couple of days on my mtb shoes.But after a couple of months of wearing them every day they've not gone past that stage and they are water & wind resistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonky

Hi

anyone se a good price gabba 2 convertible.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pieterblurb

For Castelli stuff have a look at All4cycling, italian website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lots of cycling stuff in Lidl this week. Picked up a couple of pairs of fingerless gloves for the summer for 5.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

The Rivelo stuff on Sportpursuit is quite nice. I got one of the waterproof jackets and have worn it happily a few times now. Not too sweaty, despite wearing a gabba underneath when it was cold.

Bike24 have some decent Icebreaker prices at the mo, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Arrived today and look great; fitted along with new Ultegra cassette, look even better; tried them out and they are great. How can 4thebike be the only ones selling them at this price?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement