Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Hmmzis wrote: »
    478eur when clicking on the item. Not a bad price regardles.

Drops when you select the freehub option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

478eur when clicking on the item. Not a bad price regardles.

change the option to 10 /11 speed shimano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Damn you two, my cc is now 342eur worse off :D
    12eur delivery charge to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

C24s for about the same money too if you wanted a lighter wheel: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-pr-whls-rs81-c24-carb-clincher-shimano/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Campagnolo Bullet 80 for 573 (Campag only) I assume they're an older model.

From Ribble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

So sorry for your gain! You'll thank me some day. I hit the button too so Id say they won't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I resemble that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Luxman wrote: »
    Ribble have Shimano Pr Whls RS81 C35 Carb Clincher for 333 Euro!!!???

I wish I hadn't clicked into this thread today. Going on hols next week and not a cent to spare but I've been watching the prices of the C35s for a while. NNNNGGGGGAAAAAAAHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Z_a_x

Weepsie wrote: »
    Campagnolo Bullet 80 for 573 (Campag only) I assume they're an older model.

From Ribble

And the 80mm Bullet Ultras for €768.26 (again Campagnolo), if you're worried about an extra 165g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Luxman wrote: »
    Ribble have Shimano Pr Whls RS81 C35 Carb Clincher for 333 Euro!!!???

How would I these compare to fulcrum racing 3 , tempted to push the button just need reassurance that they are compatable with shimano 10 sp and better things Han the fulcrums I currently have.....I'm new to this but love a quality bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lidl specials coming up: http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=772

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

"Jumpsuit". I'm intrigued about what this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

New summer tyres for sportives in ireland and France needed?
    Any ideas, I currently have these and they're on offer on Chainreaction?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mavic-yksion-pro-griplink-clincher-road-tyre/rp-prod127239

Any suggestions or better deals out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Tree Scape wrote: »
    New summer tyres for sportives in ireland and France needed?
    Any ideas, I currently have these and they're on offer on Chainreaction?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mavic-yksion-pro-griplink-clincher-road-tyre/rp-prod127239

Any suggestions or better deals out there?

to me these are crap compared to GP 4000s. bikediscount.de and bike24.de do GP 4000s for 32 to 35 euro. get a few things and its worth your while on postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ptr_84

Any deals to be had on mountain bike wheels. 650b.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

thekooman wrote: »
    to me these are crap compared to GP 4000s. bikediscount.de and bike24.de do GP 4000s for 32 to 35 euro. get a few things and its worth your while on postage.
    Cheers, will take a look at those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

75 euro for a set with tubes from merlin cycles.

https://www.merlincycles.com/continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-folding-road-tyres-gp4000s-ii-with-2-free-inner-tubes-700c-71989.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/continental-grand-prix-4000-s-ii-set-of-2-tube-race-28-530164/varid-528227

67.95 plus 7.95 postage I think

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Them mavic tires are awful, avoid them big time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

moonshadow wrote: »
    How would I these compare to fulcrum racing 3 , tempted to push the button just need reassurance that they are compatable with shimano 10 sp and better things Han the fulcrums I currently have.....I'm new to this but love a quality bargain.

Fulcrum Racing 3 plus GP4000s II (& tubes) for 415 on Merlin

https://www.merlincycles.com/fulcrum-racing-3-wheelset-with-gp4000s-ii-tyres-tubes-86056.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭billyhead

Which is the better deal. The fulcrum wheels on the Merline site or the Shimano wheels on the Ribble site. The ribble ones seem to have gone up in price again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

billyhead wrote: »
    Which is the better deal. The fulcrum wheels on the Merline site or the Shimano wheels on the Ribble site. The ribble ones seem to have gone up in price again

I would say the fulcrum, get really good tyres, and is cheaper than the ribble price (after it has gone back up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

billyhead wrote: »

I have the Racing 3's a couple of years..Not too sure if they still make them this way but they can run both clinchers and tubeless as they are a sealed rim..

Sounds fantastic until a spoke works it's way loose and you are up in the Sally Gap without phone coverage..

Cue a McGyver episode

BTW, I now also run a set of Racing Quattros..Picked them up in Merlin recently for approx 240 euro..Cracking set of wheels for the money.

Very little difference from the Racing 3's except them being nearly half the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,865 ✭✭✭billyhead

ckeego wrote: »
    BTW, I now also run a set of Racing Quattros..Picked them up in Merlin recently for approx 240 euro..Cracking set of wheels for the money.

Very little difference from the Racing 3's except them being nearly half the price...

I cant see them on the website. Are they still that price and would you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

ckeego wrote: »
    I have the Racing 3's a couple of years..Not too sure if they still make them this way but they can run both clinchers and tubs as they are a sealed rim..

Not tubs, tubeless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Pity no campag options ...!

Not tubs, tubeless

Sorry! Edited to correct-finger trouble!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

Lidl will be getting some bike gear in on Monday 25th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement