Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Tacx t2240 smart flow trainer 239 on Halfords, with 20% off at till until wednesday 4th, so about 191.20, minus axa 10%. About 170 quid all in.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/tacx-flow-t2240-smart-turbo-trainer

Works with all the ant+ software like zwift, trainer road etc

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

lennymc wrote: »
    Tacx t2240 smart flow trainer 239 on Halfords, with 20% off at till until wednesday 4th, so about 191.20, minus axa 10%. About 170 quid all in.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/tacx-flow-t2240-smart-turbo-trainer

Works with all the ant+ software like zwift, trainer road etc

How i can get thay extra 10%off?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

sin_26 wrote: »
    How i can get thay extra 10%off?

Cheers

If you are insured with AXA, you get a discount card, entitles you to discounts in various retailers. In Halfords it's 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If you are insured with AXA, you get a discount card, entitles you to discounts in various retailers. In Halfords it's 10%

Thank you for clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've yet to get someone in halfords to honour the axa discount on top of a store discount.

Good price if you do get all the discounts though. Probably only one available throughout all the stores I didn't even know they sold tacx thought it was jusy volaire stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I've yet to not have the axa discount applied after reserving a Web item. I even confirmed that I could order a 2k bike with 20% off and get a further 10% off with axa card last year.drogheda is my local shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Same experience as Lenny, same shop. I have had 10% discount applied with 3 for price of 2. Last year, there was a tool kit, reduced from about 36 Euro to 9.99 . I looked for and got the extra 10%.

Same experience as Lenny, same shop. I have had 10% discount applied with 3 for price of 2. Last year, there was a tool kit, reduced from about 36 Euro to 9.99 . I looked for and got the extra 10%.

I'll have to stay shopping up your way. No joy in Carlow/Kilkenny stores. I've kicked up a fuss on more than one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I've gotten the extra 10% off on top of other discounts as well, Tallaght store. I think if you order online they don't know a discount has already been applied so don't try the auld you can only get one discount lark.

Crocked wrote: »
    I've gotten the extra 10% off on top of other discounts as well, Tallaght store. I think if you order online they don't know a discount has already been applied so don't try the auld you can only get one discount lark.

I'm starting to think that might be a work around alright I might actually order something today and see if they apply the discount with the axa card. :)

Something won't be that trainer unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The above seems to work OK. Well it did for me today. And shure didn't I forget my axa card n'everything.

Zwift better be like CounterStrike, but on bikes.

#headshot

The above seems to work OK. Well it did for me today. And shure didn't I forget my axa card n'everything.

Zwift better be like CounterStrike, but on bikes.

#headshot

I have one reserved so I guess I'll find out when I go to pick it up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I have one reserved so I guess I'll find out when I go to pick it up in the morning.

Has anyone got a code they can share to get the AXA 10% extra discount?

digiman wrote: »
    Has anyone got a code they can share to get the AXA 10% extra discount?

You've to hand in your card at the check out. They don't cross check with ID so if you know anyone with one you can use it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Axa insurance disc will work too, if you've misplaced your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Can this AXA card talk be moved to a separate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Alanbt wrote: »
    Can this AXA card talk be moved to a separate thread?

Why not flag for the mods rather than try to moderate? It could be argued that 10% of at Halfords with an AXA card is a bargain alert !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Why not flag for the mods rather than try to moderate? It could be argued that 10% of at Halfords with an AXA card is a bargain alert !

Even if it was, there isn't any need for almost a page of discussion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

People are certainly aware of this "bargain" now. I don't see the need for the continuous chat on the same topic.
    I have flagged it to the mods.

AXA card is only relevant to a certain group of people who can discuss elsewhere, everyone gets email alerts for all the comments on the thread.
    (I appreciate I am adding to this problem)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Please see the OP, keep chat to a minimum

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Edge 500 NOH 118 on wiggle. No HRM or Cadence but not far off the Aldi price, and better than some people ask for for used ones here.

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Last word on this bargain. They go back up today btw.

Ordering online seemed to work axa discount applied. €172.20 all in.

Thanks for posting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Heap of 'vintage' mens jerseys in the Dublin Vintage Factory in Smithfield in their kilo sale end of things (well about 9/10 I'd say) - it's 1kg of clothing for €20. At least 4/5 jersey's for €20 I'd say. Santini, Nailini and other stuff in it right on the back wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

http://www.cycletribe.ie/sportful-giro-bibshorts.html
    Sportful giro Bibs for 40 and free shipping. 80 quid on wiggle and chainreaction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

20% off all cycling shoes. SHOES20

https://eurocycles.com/cycling-clothing/cycling-shoes/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    http://www.cycletribe.ie/sportful-giro-bibshorts.html
    Sportful giro Bibs for 40 and free shipping. 80 quid on wiggle and chainreaction

Only Small left @1pm...... :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

greenspurs wrote: »
    Only Small left @1pm...... :(

Yeah they seemed to go pretty quick once I put it up the other day. As an aside I got them delivered the day after I order and tried them out last night and am really happy with them for 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Got them the next day, they are great. The pad is the most comfortable I've owned! Just the sizing... My bibs are XL/XXL normally, these are 3XL and a tad too small... :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Garmin Edge 520 (no sensors) for £169/€230 + shipping from Canyon

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T035&id=59282

Spotted it on HUKD - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-520-168-95-canyon-2446948

Can't decide for myself, but in case anyone is in the market.

Paddy

• Advertisement

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 520 (no sensors) for £169/€230 + shipping from Canyon

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T035&id=59282

Spotted it on HUKD - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin-edge-520-168-95-canyon-2446948

Can't decide for myself, but in case anyone is in the market.

Paddy

Where are you getting your rates.

£169 = €214

It comes to €225 delivered :)

Currently €257 on sale through wiggle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement