Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ultegra 6800 for €525 delivered from Ribble is excellent price.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-6800-11-speed-double-groupset/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sports pursuit are doing 20%off site wide until midnight SP-20-JUN16. Had stuff in basket and all from before but most of it is now sold out/over but might be of use to someone who uses the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Weepsie wrote: »
    Sports pursuit are doing 20%off site wide until midnight SP-20-JUN16. Had stuff in basket and all from before but most of it is now sold out/over but might be of use to someone who uses the site
    Thanks, I've finally run out of excuses for not buying that VIRB now! :)

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks, I've finally run out of excuses for not buying that VIRB now! :)

Precisely what I'm buying and a few bits.. Was considering the forerunner, but no point. I'll never bother running.

They also have Conti GP4000 II for 68, so they'll be about 55 for 2. No 25 left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Precisely what I'm buying and a few bits.. Was considering the forerunner, but no point. I'll never bother running.

Yeah I'm considering Rivelo bibshorts too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Campagnolo Veloce groupset (in lovely silver) on ribble cycles for 366 and free delivery.

Not so long ago it was about 460 sterling, IIRC.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-veloce-silver-10-speed-double-groupset/

Great prices on a lot of groupsets there actually.

I have that groupset on an old Peugeot 653. It works flawlessly, is reasonably light and looks really well in silver on the steel bike. Only drawback is the Power torque crankset. It's a right pain in the ass.
    I paid a lot more than €366 for the group set.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Just ordered the tyres, €70 all in including postage to Dublin and they are throwing in 5 tubes as part of the bundle. Best value I've seen anywhere for those tyres

Thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

g0g wrote: »
    Yeah I'm considering Rivelo bibshorts too

Been considering them for a few weeks. Ordered bib shorts, a jersey and a pair Mizuno wave riders. Nearly ordered last week with 10% discount so 20% makes it sweeter. Thanks for posting Weepsie, my debit card doesnt say thanks though :pac:

whacker00 wrote: »
    Just ordered the tyres, €70 all in including postage to Dublin and they are throwing in 5 tubes as part of the bundle. Best value I've seen anywhere for those tyres

Thanks for posting

You sure that was the pair? They had a pair for 68 and then a single with 5 tyres for 43 (so 86 for 2 tyres and 10 tubes). Edit take the discount which is actually around 70. I should've done that math earlier, could do with tubes, and the singles are available as 25mm tyres too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have that groupset on an old Peugeot 653. It works flawlessly, is reasonably light and looks really well in silver on the steel bike. Only drawback is the Power torque crankset. It's a right pain in the ass.
    I paid a lot more than €366 for the group set.

You must stick a photo up. I'm building up an old Peugeot, bought here from HE Pennypacker. Was almost going with 105 5800 in silver until I seen the Veloce costing less.

Whats the story with the crankset?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    You must stick a photo up. I'm building up an old Peugeot, bought here from HE Pennypacker. Was almost going with 105 5800 in silver until I seen the Veloce costing less.

Whats the story with the crankset?

It's BB which is the problem from looking into it before. @doozerie has a good post or two on it.

If you go 105 and have 10 speed wheels, the man who knows all on bike matters posted this, which allows you to use your old wheels with new groupset

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99964163&postcount=22

Merlin prices are usually very good also

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94937620&postcount=29

Not @doozerie but I think this poster knows a thing or two about bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

ford2600 wrote: »
    It's BB which is the problem from looking into it before. @doozerie has a good post or two on it.

If you go 105 and have 10 speed wheels, the man who knows all on bike matters posted this, which allows you to use your old wheels with new groupset

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99964163&postcount=22

Merlin prices are usually very good also

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94937620&postcount=29

Not @doozerie but I think this poster knows a thing or two about bikes

Thanks Ford. Yeah, I'll be going with 10 speed but will be building new wheels too. There's not much clearance on the forks so will need a narrower more traditional style rim.

Seems the issue with Power Torque is servicing the crankset/ BB after its installed. As usual, I'll let the LBS worry about fixing my shoddy workmanship ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

whacker00 wrote: »
    Just ordered the tyres, 70 all in including postage to Dublin and they are throwing in 5 tubes as part of the bundle. Best value I've seen anywhere for those tyres

Thanks for posting

You sure that was the pair? They had a pair for 68 and then a single with 5 tyres for 43 (so 86 for 2 tyres and 10 tubes). Edit take the discount which is actually around 70. I should've done that math earlier, could do with tubes, and the singles are available as 25mm tyres too

Yes you are correct, my mistake. They didn't have the deal for the pair only when I went on, only had GP 4 season as a pair. I thought the bundle with tubes was two tyres but only one + 5 tubes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

godtabh wrote: »
    Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo - 250ml Bottle + a FREE 75ml bottle - £4.39 with code at lookfantastic.com

Hmmm, Might be worth a thread/poll to discuss if many boardsies use it and find it effective in getting grease and grime off their bikes 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

the 75ml bottle is great for those long spins where you need that caffeine boost to get you home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Boscoirl wrote: »
    the 75ml bottle is great for those long spins where you need that caffeine boost to get you home

Only to be used on unshaved legs to be effective though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Been considering them for a few weeks. Ordered bib shorts, a jersey and a pair Mizuno wave riders. Nearly ordered last week with 10% discount so 20% makes it sweeter. Thanks for posting Weepsie, my debit card doesnt say thanks though :pac:

Order arrived today, bib shorts are a little loose on the leg grippers but feel right in the length and hips, jersey is a little loose on the front too. Shoes feel ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

10% OFF with Code: SAVE10 https://eurocycles.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Any one know of good deals on assos bibs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

breanach78 wrote: »

Not a lot of sizes available

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/men/shorts/

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Any Bibshort offers out there, Assos still look a bit €€€€

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

breanach78 wrote: »
    Tree Scape wrote: »
    Any Bibshort offers out there, Assos still look a bit €€€€

MOD VOICE: Not a requests thread. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Halfords garmin 520 for €196 euro.

Only until 6 pm and via the Web click and collect.

Promotion on at the moment for all cycle accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Galibier have a bundle deal for their Mistral jacket.

Good thing I've already got a good winter jacket or I would definitely be buying this. Have the base-layer and love it, and I've been generally impressed with the Galibier kit I've bought over the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

NickWray wrote: »
    Galibier have a bundle deal for their Mistral jacket.

Good thing I've already got a good winter jacket or I would definitely be buying this. Have the base-layer and love it, and I've been generally impressed with the Galibier kit I've bought over the past while.

Super stuff. Thanks for posting that Nick. Nearly pulled the trigger on the Mistral earlier today but work got in the way. I need a base layer too so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭mosstin

G1032 wrote: »
    Super stuff. Thanks for posting that Nick. Nearly pulled the trigger on the Mistral earlier today but work got in the way. I need a base layer too so happy days.

And it's a superb jacket. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

£90 =€108. Website price is € 128. Parcelmotel win on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I paid in sterling, came to €111.74

Also, thanks for posting the link, had my eye on one of these last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement