Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

+1

Worked perfectly. I was under the impression that the 10€ voucher wouldn't work on the GB e-store

Thanks!

If any of you recently "won" a €10 SIS voucher, it works as a £10 voucher on the UK store...where they have at two for a tenner, so you'd just pay shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Mr T. wrote: »
    +1

Worked perfectly. I was under the impression that the 10€ voucher wouldn't work on the GB e-store

Thanks!

Any chance of someone sharing this winning code with us. I'm signed up two years with SIS and never "won" anything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Canyon have a sale on a number of bikes and frames at the moment to mark the Olympics: https://www.canyon.com/en/specials/olympia-sale/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

cython wrote: »
    Canyon have a sale on a number of bikes and frames at the moment to mark the Olympics: https://www.canyon.com/en/specials/olympia-sale/

Very very tempted by the Aeroad frameset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

godtabh wrote: »
    Very very tempted by the Aeroad frameset.

im very very tempted by everything on sale! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

Any chance of someone sharing this winning code with us. I'm signed up two years with SIS and never "won" anything

As far as I understand, the codes provided only work once – once used on a purchase, the code won’t be valid anymore.

SIS sent a newsletter with a special give way during the TDF – it looks like the coupon was offered to anyone who participated in the contest and didn’t won the main prize (a Pinarello bike as far as I remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

A potential good offer on a disc clincher wheelset for cyclocross use

3t Discus C35 Pro Wheelset

On special offer at £99 for front and rear. AddressPal or similar must be used as seller will not deliver to ROI or NI

discus-c35-pro.jpg

Almost looks too good to be true but established seller of liquidated stock and he has sold these wheels for a higher price previously.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252487861394?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

cunavalos wrote: »

On special offer at £99 for front and rear. AddressPal or similar must be used as seller will not deliver to ROI or NI

discus-c35-pro.jpg

Almost looks too good to be true but established seller of liquidated stock and he has sold these wheels for a higher price previously.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252487861394?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Might be too big for addresspal as they state Not Exceeding 72cm X 31cm X 25cm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Maybe a stupid non techie question - would these (or any cyclocross wheel) work for a disc brake road bike as either winter wheels or for the turbo?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid non techie question - would these (or any cyclocross wheel) work for a disc brake road bike as either winter wheels or for the turbo?

These are not cyclocross specific wheels and will work with any 700c disc bike with 135mm rear hub spacing. One thing worth noting is this really only suitable for wide tyres 25mm+

More details here
    https://www.3tcycling.com/road/en/bike-components/road-wheels/discus-c35-pro/

I held off posting here as i wanted to order a set for myself in case it was an error price but my wheels have already been shipped by ups today.

• Advertisement

These are not cyclocross specific wheels and will work with any 700c disc bike with 135mm rear hub spacing. One thing worth noting is this really only suitable for wide tyres 25mm+

More details here
    https://www.3tcycling.com/road/en/bike-components/road-wheels/discus-c35-pro/

I held off posting here as i wanted to order a set for myself in case it was an error price but my wheels have already been shipped by ups today.

Who did you use for postage?

Here are my existing wheels: https://www.dtswiss.com/Wheels/Road-Wheels/RR-21-DICUT-db , they are TA142x12 but I think the 3t's can do them too with supplied adapter?
    From this bike: https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/endurace/endurace-cf-slx-8-0-di2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

cunavalos wrote:

Are they tubeless compatible?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

]

Ordered, cheers cunavalos :D

Ordered - thanks

Morning coffee helped to pull the trigger. Hopefully wife will not decide to do the same when she wakes up and check CC balance.... :pac:

[edit]

Nope! Unable to post to Parcel Wizard address (NI). Is there a way around this? Help before they're gone! :)

[edit]

Used AddressPal (UK mainland) address, but sent a message / note to deliver to DPD Parcel Wizard one, as they do not charge 25e for oversized items. Hope it goes through!

I used addresspal...then I saw Jamesd' post about the oversize charge :-o

colm18 wrote: »
    I used addresspal...then I saw Jamesd' post about the oversize charge :-o
    I checked with addresspal and they will charge €25 at your local delivery office when you collect them, they said they will not be delivered and would have to be collected. Very good bargain even with the postage.

Yay!
    Hi there, no problem at all, we'll get it sent to the new address.

Any
    problems please contact us again.

Kind regards

BBS

Other news are bad though:
    0 available

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I also ordered the 3t wheels.
    Still dubious about it though, seems a little too good to be true.
    They are on Merlin and CRC for 400+

Was wondering if perhaps they are fake, the sellers history includes everything from shower gel to pizza cutters.

Fingers crossed it's all legit, worst case scenario it will be covered by paypal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

TheTubes wrote: »

Was wondering if perhaps they are fake, the sellers history includes everything from shower gel to pizza cutters.

Fingers crossed it's all legit, worst case scenario it will be covered by paypal.

at least you paid with pay pal so should be covered.

• Advertisement

I fully agree about the concern which was i waited until they were shipped before posting here. He has been selling 3T seatposts and handlebars in the past and the wheels have previously been on sale for close to £200 and positive feedback has been received for those purchases.

They went fairly fast after i posted here, i wonder how many are on the way to the cycling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

^^there would have been one more if I could have got my eBay password. Had my addresspal just set up and all :-(

Looked an amazing deal! Hard to fathom that €500RRP is entry level for 3t

Smooth running to all who completed the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

Any one who likes their socks should have a look here .
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb/socks/?sr=dhb%20socks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 samshipee

Bike repair stands reduced to €15 from €30 in Aldi in Kildare town, not sure if nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Muc off 3 pack containing bike wash, degreaser and prtoect & shine for 7.50, down from 15 aat my local Aldi in Newland's Cross, Clondalkin.
    It was up at the tills, so not sure if they've many left there or at other aldis.
    But a great bargain all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I fully agree about the concern which was i waited until they were shipped before posting here. He has been selling 3T seatposts and handlebars in the past and the wheels have previously been on sale for close to 200 and positive feedback has been received for those purchases.

They went fairly fast after i posted here, i wonder how many are on the way to the cycling forum.

I was wondering if anyone got their wheels yet?
    I got the notification that they were available for UPS but it's been a few days and no movement.

I was wondering if anyone got their wheels yet?
    I got the notification that they were available for UPS but it's been a few days and no movement.

Same as you - no contact other than that.

jamesd wrote: »
    Same as you - no contact other than that.

Ditto, my wheels are still awaiting collection by UPS.

Same here....

• Advertisement

Ditto.On the plus side, maybe now I won't need to pay the Addresspal €25 oversize charge :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement