Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

samshipee wrote: »
    Conti gp4000s II twin pack roughly €56 delivered. 23,25,28mm

www.radialcycles.co.uk/continental-grand-prix-4000s-ii-folding-road-tyre-twin-pack-config.html

Use code RIDEWITHRADIAL

(Cant post links so remove spaces from the address)

quoting to remove spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

for last few days that link seem to be disabled, at least for me - anyone else can confirm (their website cant find the page when i click on the tyres deal banner)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

omri wrote: »
    for last few days that link seem to be disabled, at least for me - anyone else can confirm (their website cant find the page when i click on the tyres deal banner)

I ordered this morning. Go to the main page;

https://www.radialcycles.co.uk/

look at the grid where they have the boxes for each deal. Top left is the contis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

1bryan wrote: »
    I ordered this morning. Go to the main page;

https://www.radialcycles.co.uk/

look at the grid where they have the boxes for each deal. Top left is the contis.

Correct thats the one Im trying to access but all I am getting is page not found.

If I search their website I can find twin pack for £52.99 without tubes. The only available sizes 23 and 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Correct thats the one Im trying to access but all I am getting is page not found.

If I search their website I can find twin pack for £52.99 without tubes. The only available sizes 23 and 28.

That's them, maybe they are out of 25's at this stage. Once you put in the code at checkout the price will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I ordered 25s last night.
    I imagine, they'd be the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

25s are showing up there again now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Garmin edge 25 aldi Palmerstown 89.99 ! Last one I think though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Some crazy cheap bits and pieces at planet x today. Shipping is dear...but a lot of useful stuff at a euro or two

Harry's bikes have some few pairs of Assos shorts for 50 euro (XLG and S sizes, mainly). That's a serious discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

markusz wrote: »
    http://www.startfitness.co.uk/cannondale-2016-caadx-tiagra-cyclocross-bike-bycdm6cadxtcyn.html

Startfitness also doing it in various sizes for 707 euro not delivered.

58cm caadx 105 2016 at 750£ here: https://www.triuk.com/products/cannondale/cannondale-caadx-105-2016#.V7SDKfkrK70

damn it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Darando

brownian wrote: »
    Some crazy cheap bits and pieces at planet x today. Shipping is dear...but a lot of useful stuff at a euro or two

Parcel motel for shipping, saves a few bob as you get free UK shipping above a certain price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Ribble have 20% of tyres at moment

TYRES20

Got myself 2 pairs of schwalbe one at €43 a pair. Nice deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Harry's bikes have some few pairs of Assos shorts for 50 euro (XLG and S sizes, mainly). That's a serious discount.
    Thanks for this OP.

There are some great jackets and gilets on special from Assos too.

Their gear may not come cheap but the have a fantastic repair/replacement policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

ckeego wrote: »
    Thanks for this OP.

There are some great jackets and gilets on special from Assos too.

Their gear may not come cheap but the have a fantastic repair/replacement policy.

i got a white pair (theyll do for the turbo!) today. top quality even compared to La Passione shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I'll third the thanks to the OP. Serious bargain at that price, though I don't think they are ever worth their normal RRP.

I ordered "something else" on Wednesday evening, as well as a pair of shorts but today the "something else" turned up in the shorts box, minus the shorts. After a quick call to them today they informed me they sold 19+ pairs of shorts on Wednesday night, and when I mention that the OP's post on boards.ie was probably responsible, yer man had some choice words for you :D

That aside, the gent on the phone told me they were asked by Assos to "flush" out their stock (possibly because it was old stock? I dunno) but it might be worth keeping an eye on other stockists of older stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pantanifan84

Planet x have a few bits and pieces on ssle. Seems like a "this item fir x amount for the next jour" kinda deal

I'll third the thanks to the OP. Serious bargain at that price, though I don't think they are ever worth their normal RRP.

I ordered "something else" on Wednesday evening, as well as a pair of shorts but today the "something else" turned up in the shorts box, minus the shorts. After a quick call to them today they informed me they sold 19+ pairs of shorts on Wednesday night, and when I mention that the OP's post on boards.ie was probably responsible, yer man had some choice words for you :D

That aside, the gent on the phone told me they were asked by Assos to "flush" out their stock (possibly because it was old stock? I dunno) but it might be worth keeping an eye on other stockists of older stock.

Hmmm - I should ring and ask for commission.

Incidentally, the XLG pair of NON-BIB shorts (these ones http://www.harrysbikes.com/24891/products/assos-h-fi-uno-s5-shorts-black.aspx) that I bought on the off chance they'd fit are too baggy for me (5'8", 12 stone).

If anyone wants them, they can have them for the 50, plus post (or pick up in Deansgrange). If nobody comes back to me by Sunday, I'll do a proper post in Cycling Adverts (hope that's ok, Mods - if not, please feel free to kill this post, and apologies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry I know it's a request not a bargain, but I thought maybe better than starting a brand new thread just for this.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Edge 520 bundle? I'm thinking best pay in STG due to current rates and get via Parcel Motel. Wiggle seems one of the best at £ 242.61 delivered to PM if I can manage to get the newsletter £ 10 off voucher to bring it to £ 232. Anything better out there? I'm trying Flubit on Amazon who have the same price but I think that causes problems if trying to use an Irish CC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Also not strictly a bargain alert, but not sure if it needs a thread of it's own. Came across this website some time ago and meant to link it here. Bikesy (used to be called something else) It searches a few UK based retailers anyway at once so might help people find a bargain. Though it sometimes lists single wheels as wheelsets when giving results from Tweeks Cycles

http://bikesy.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

g0g wrote: »
    Sorry I know it's a request not a bargain, but I thought maybe better than starting a brand new thread just for this.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Edge 520 bundle? I'm thinking best pay in STG due to current rates and get via Parcel Motel. Wiggle seems one of the best at £ 242.61 delivered to PM if I can manage to get the newsletter £ 10 off voucher to bring it to £ 232. Anything better out there? I'm trying Flubit on Amazon who have the same price but I think that causes problems if trying to use an Irish CC.

It sounds like a strange place to try, but have you looked at the Canyon website?

Also..Bike24.de...HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

g0g wrote: »

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up Edge 520 bundle?.....

Gallagher Cycles have the Garmin 520 on sale for €270 with free delivery. Link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

thekooman wrote: »
    i got a white pair (theyll do for the turbo!) today. top quality even compared to La Passione shorts.

How small are small in assos? i've small in other brands but not owned assos before.
    Im 5'8'', 68 kg, 30'' waist.

coastwatch wrote: »
    Gallagher Cycles have the Garmin 520 on sale for €270 with free delivery. Link here
    Thanks but that is just the unit not the bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

terrydel wrote: »
    How small are small in assos? i've small in other brands but not owned assos before.
    Im 5'8'', 68 kg, 30'' waist.
    The size charts go by height. I'm 6 3 and 12 stone+ and the Xl look and feel OK but if I was paying the 130 euro plus that they usually are I'd probably go Large.

ckeego wrote: »
    It sounds like a strange place to try, but have you looked at the Canyon website?

Also..Bike24.de...HERE
    Thanks yeah tried both but more expensive else unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Planet X selling off all kinds of odds and ends for very little money.

Such as

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLCAFR2/carnac-frimas-2-overshoes £2 reduced from £39.99 limited sizes

CLCAFR2_P1.jpg?v=s

And

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BOTAWB/tankita-bottle-box £5 - £2 for 500/750ml

BOTAWB-450-BLK_P1.jpg?v=s

Plenty of winter kit reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Continental GPS4000s II twin pack €59.28 delivered using TYRES20. Seems to only until midnight:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/continental-gp4000s-ii-twinpack/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Continental GPS4000s II twin pack €59.28 delivered using TYRES20. Seems to only until midnight:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/continental-gp4000s-ii-twinpack/

Unfortunately only available in 23mm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Lidl have LED front and back light sets, puncture-repair-kit saddlebags, cycling wear, etc from today at nice prices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement