Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Anyone have one of the mens softsell jackets lidl are selling today - are they good? No point buying them (even at that price) if it is just going to sit in a drawer and not get used. Breathable?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Unfortunately only available in 23mm

I see that now but I'm old school.

I notice bike discount have their Conti offer including 25s again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I see that now but I'm old school.

I notice bike discount have their Conti offer including 25s again

I bought two 25mm GP4000's from Radial
    Cycles last night for €64 posted. They had a £5 discount code last week but it's no longer working but still a great price at €64

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

codie wrote: »
    Got the garmin 25 in aldi .Marked €89.99 but it scanned at 79.99.

Garmin Edge 25 selling at €89.99 in Aldi, Long Mile Road.
    Stock available.

Edit: Comes with 3 year guarantee. Keep receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just to update on the Turbo Muin from Halfords - only just getting it set up, but the model I was given is a post 30,000 model (so has the housing for the misuro b+ sensor) rather than the sub 30,000. Also means that the sensor should give cadence as well as speed and power.

List price is €360, which puts it at a better price than the German sites, even before taking off the Axa discount from Halfords, and adding shipping costs from Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hydrosphere waterproof jacket from planet X, mudguards from Evans and a few more bits for winter.

Chuchote wrote: »
    Lidl have LED front and back light sets, puncture-repair-kit saddlebags, cycling wear, etc from today at nice prices.

Had a look at the lights, but theyre the same cheap lights that they've sold before but the front is now rechargeable. I bought them a year or two ago and have binned both long long ago. The rear light went on the blink on the first wet spin, there appears to be no seal and so water got in, fried the circuitry and it wouldn't turn off. The front is big, heavy and ugly with poor light dispersal. Avoid.

In general I find Lidl gear (lights, clothing, gloves socks etc) to be very poor quality with rubbish sizing. Aldi have much better quality products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Just an update - Rapha's sale is now slightly less crazily expensive. A good range of pretty nice jerseys for 70-odd euro (yes, I know, but Rapha gear is dear); and if you've ever lusted after a hard-shell jacket or their bib-shorts, this is as good a time as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Planet X selling off all kinds of odds and ends for very little money.

BOTAWB-450-BLK_P1.jpg?v=s

Thanks !

Do you know if it would hold a rain jacket - 2nd picture ? I used Topeak 0.98 litres to 1.31 litre but would like the bottle if my jacket would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Road ID are having a 'back to school' sale for 48 hours. All Road IDs are $20 including the 'Black' edition.

roadid_elite_black_catalog.png

If you've been putting off getting one, now's the time! A must-have item IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Road ID are having a 'back to school' sale for 48 hours. All Road IDs are $20 including the 'Black' edition.

Funny it doesn't add blood group as standard.

Funny it doesn't add blood group as standard.

You can put anything you want on the plate. The picture is just an example. I have one and added blood group and med history on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

These are awesome - I bought mine in May 2015 and it's still going strong, very durable!! Bought some spare bands as they were having a good bundle deal at the time, but I'm still using the original band, I never take it off! The inevitable scratches on the metal info plate of course, but the text is still as clear as the day I unboxed it. The peace of mind is priceless: should the worst happen, whoever finds me will know who I am and who to contact.

AngelaRI wrote: »
    These are awesome - I bought mine in May 2015 and it's still going strong, very durable!! Bought some spare bands as they were having a good bundle deal at the time, but I'm still using the original band, I never take it off! The inevitable scratches on the metal info plate of course, but the text is still as clear as the day I unboxed it. The peace of mind is priceless: should the worst happen, whoever finds me will know who I am and who to contact.
    Unless some little gurrier steals it off your wrist before help arrives ;)
    Must order one tonight.

Unless some little gurrier steals it off your wrist before help arrives ;)
    Must order one tonight.

Just a thought, but would it not do to write the info inside your wristwatch strap? Or would helpers think to look there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Just a thought, but would it not do to write the info inside your wristwatch strap? Or would helpers think to look there?

Not likely to look there unless it carries the medical ID tag.

I wear a road ID slim 247 and also my Health App on my phone but in the event of a crash where my phone is damaged also or I dont have my phone on me when running/swiming then the bracelet is a backup.

Below is a video of accessing medical ID on an iPhone that every one should watch. Amazed by hwo many people dont know about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gqQHw8S_c

There is also a dedicated thread here if you wish to discuss it further or get mroe info http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517632

Below is a video of accessing medical ID on an iPhone that every one should watch. Amazed by hwo many people dont know about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gqQHw8S_c

Thanks, that's brilliant, very very useful.

Placed my order. Got a wristband and one for my fitbit

There's free shipping if you sign up to their email when you go to the site.

Thanks for this - used to where a silicon Road ID, but misplaced it recently. Definite upgrade on that version.

However, AIB really didn't like the site (got a text trying to use the debit card, but they still wouldn't let it through, and also got a text about it with the credit card after the transaction!).

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - used to where a silicon Road ID, but misplaced it recently. Definite upgrade on that version.

However, AIB really didn't like the site (got a text trying to use the debit card, but they still wouldn't let it through, and also got a text about it with the credit card after the transaction!).

Managed to get the transaction through by pay pal, though it took a bit of persuasion

• Advertisement

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Managed to get the transaction through by pay pal, though it took a bit of persuasion
    Wasnt letting me through on paypal either!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Odd, I just ordered one and had no trouble with paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I think as you hit to "login" button there is a link that states "having trouble logging in to pay pal" or such like. I clicked on that and I got me through to payment details screen

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

Just bought my first Road Id product and now I got a link/coupon for $5 off.

I cannot post the link due to low post count but PM me and I will share it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

ted1 wrote: »

Sale stock is very limited as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Halfords have the Garmin Edge online for €225 again. €298 for the bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

bargain mudguards for the Cx bike
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sks-chromoplastic-road-mudguard-set

Free postage on Rapha this weekend only.

Garmin Edge 25 selling at €89.99 in Aldi, Long Mile Road.
    Stock available.

Edit: Comes with 3 year guarantee. Keep receipt!

Loads of these in Aldi Finglas.
    The guy said they won't sell..can we prove him wrong ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Loads of these in Aldi Finglas.
    The guy said they won't sell..can we prove him wrong ? :)

I'd tend to believe him. I've been in a dozen or more stores this month and similar story no interest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement