Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Loads of these in Aldi Finglas.
    The guy said they won't sell..can we prove him wrong ? :)

The avg Aldi purchaser of cycling gear is not going to buy Garmin when they can get basic distance/speed measurement etc for 14.99ish! But if Aldi did Zondas....or a PM on special ....vooooom, gone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    The avg Aldi purchaser of cycling gear is not going to buy Garmin when they can get basic distance/speed measurement etc for 14.99ish! But if Aldi did Zondas....or a PM on special ....vooooom, gone! :-)

I picked one up in Limerick for 79.99 quid... (10 euro discount) been riding with both garmin and phone for a few spins and the garmin has increased my speed by about .5km/h so I chuffed ... :P

It is a bargain for 80 quid. The ability to follow a course and the basic metrics even a Bryton won't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'd tend to believe him. I've been in a dozen or more stores this month and similar story no interest.

I forgot to add if anyone is near the Charleville store they're only €49.99

I was tempted but took a pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I forgot to add if anyone is near the Charleville store they're only €49.99

I was tempted but took a pass
    Any chance you could pick one up for me please?

They are 89.99 here and they refuse to price match their own stores

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Unfortunately I'm in Leinster I was only down that way with work.

If I happen to be passing next week I'll give you a shout. :) They seemed to have big reductions on a lot of things in that store more so than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

any good deals on wheelsets? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Unfortunately I'm in Leinster I was only down that way with work.

If I happen to be passing next week I'll give you a shout. :) They seemed to have big reductions on a lot of things in that store more so than usual.

That would be brilliant.. Strange that they won't price match nor will they transfer.. Many thanks.. Will I PM my number just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Muc off degreaser € 1.49 in Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    The avg Aldi purchaser of cycling gear is not going to buy Garmin when they can get basic distance/speed measurement etc for 14.99ish!

Or indeed, clock time, total distance, trip distance, max speed, average speed, temperature, stopwatch, distance countdown/up, fat/calories burned for 6.99!

GPS would be nice, but the price premium you pay for it at the moment is pretty steep. But I'm sure the German discounters have a supplier working on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Chuchote wrote: »
    Thanks, that's brilliant, very very useful.

I also use my home screen to display ICE info - make a JPG email it to yourself, access via phone, save the image to camera roll and set it as home screen in settings.

I ride with my phone screen facing my back in case of impact it 'should' offer a bit more protection to the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ckeego wrote: »
    That would be brilliant.. Strange that they won't price match nor will they transfer.. Many thanks.. Will I PM my number just in case?

Isn't there big distribution centre very close to that store

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

MOD NOTE: this thread is for bargains ONLY.

Bargain bargain bargain. Back to bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Garmin Forerunner 235 is the Deal of the Day on Amazon today:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016ZXB5JA/ref=pe_2036661_147898631_em_1p_0_ti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Picked up a pair of DHB road shoes last week. Have to say they are a real bargain at 33 quid. The quality is very good and they look really nice. Have to get cleats separately, but still..

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r10-road-cycling-shoe/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

What price did you see it at as £70 is not a bargain for a Garnin 200
    Indeed, £70 isn't but it was up as a lightning deal for about £50 at the time I posted it. Not sure how long was left at the time for it, but it's gone now, hence you're seeing the £70 pricing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Planet X have a "Fibonacci Sale" at the moment, some very good bargains.

Picked up 2 x Magicshine MJ858 lights. They have RRP as 100 euro, although Magicshine have it for 70 euro.

Still, the sale price is 43 euro!

Just watch out for shipping...I went with FREE shipping to the UK and seem to have been charged Irish shipping even though I went through parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Cycle Superstore have continental grand prix 4000 s ii (chilli)on special today , fold ups , €80 for a pair, is this good value ? Are these tyres recommended?

Thanks

Secman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

secman wrote: »
    Cycle Superstore have continental grand prix 4000 s ii (chilli)on special today , fold ups , €80 for a pair, is this good value ? Are these tyres recommended?

Thanks

Secman

You can get them cheaper. Merlin has them a little cheaper but also get a couple of tubes with that.
    No doubt they can be got for even less if shop around online

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thanks

Secman

€64 delivered from Radialcycles in the UK.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thanks

Secman

Cycle Super Store isnt cheap but handy for stuff needed in a hurry.

In relation to the Planet X Sale I got their top end carbon shoes for €60

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Thanks

Secman

In a nut shell the answer seems no to value..thanks for the replies. I take it that they are a good tyre judging by how many people are buying them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

€64 delivered from Radialcycles in the UK.

I got a pair from Radial last week. Delivery was quite quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Thanks

Secman

I used to have continental gps 4000 on all my wheels but I gradually switched to

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/michelin-pro-3-race-tyres-grey-free-tubes/rp-prod122110

and now all my wheels have these tyres. I don't see any difference between the 2, they are both race quality tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Garmin edge reduced in aldi,I think it was €69.99. Bike stands were €14.99. Saw them in Enniscorthy but I reckon other branches have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Anyone know when Aldi normally sell their bike gear?

New to the game and just laughed my way out of cycle store last night. I thought golf was the most expensive hobby I could have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Anyone know when Aldi normally sell their bike gear?

New to the game and just laughed my way out of cycle store last night. I thought golf was the most expensive hobby I could have!

They dont carry it on a regular basis but you can normally find some stuff in the section where they keep the od bits and pieces of past deals they didnt sell. It was in recently enough I know Aldi in Drogheda beside Tesco had the Ireland cycling gear in still on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement