Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Anyone know when Aldi normally sell their bike gear?

New to the game and just laughed my way out of cycle store last night. I thought golf was the most expensive hobby I could have!

Buy online end of summer season deals. You'll find plenty on the German sites.

Aldi gear is fine but id pick up a decent set of bib shorts if for no other reason the material is a bit thicker :eek:

Planet x are having a good sale at the minute you should be able to get enough to get you going. Just watch shipping charges.

I can assure you it's much more expensive than golf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone know when Aldi normally sell their bike gear?
    Autumn/ winter gear is normally late September. Some of the "performance" stuff is decent quality, but then isn't really much of a discount/ bargain if you're prepared to shop online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My Road ID arrived today.
    Really well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

My Road ID arrived today.
    Really well made.

Mine too. Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Any further sightings of these at knockdown Aldi price?

Was available in Cork for 49.99, elsewhere seems to be 89.99...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

ckeego wrote: »
    Any further sightings of these at knockdown Aldi price?

Was available in Cork for 49.99, elsewhere seems to be 89.99...

Sorry I was sent an entirely different direction this week. I'll keep you in mind if passing through again. :)

Just incase there are doubters ;)

20160823_190528_zpsxz6ewobm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Tried Drogheda and still 89.99 region

Keeping an eye out for them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Appreciate the designs might not be for everyone, but I just bought a jersey from this seller on Aliexpress and have been pleasantly surprised with the fit and quality. I went one size up and L fits me well (186cm/83kg). Can't say it'll last 100 machine washes, but for $14 delivered I can't complain.

Also tried bib shorts (Cheji brand) from this supplier for $ 18. Went a bit mad and thought I'd need XXL based on their measurements, and they're defo not the most snug fit. That said, quality seems good enough and I don't think they'll disintegrate in the first rain shower.

Appreciate you might need fancy gear for long spins, but I've been happy using these on the commute so thought I'd share.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Sorry I was sent an entirely different direction this week. I'll keep you in mind if passing through again. :)

Just incase there are doubters ;)

Thanks, now you're making me buy something I didn't know I wanted five minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Cyclesuperstore have some decent deals on last years bikes, this one looks good:

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=88182

Only available in size small but great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Tried Drogheda and still 89.99 region

Keeping an eye out for them myself

Aldi Limerick (castletroy) had two today at €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

g0g wrote: »
    Appreciate the designs might not be for everyone, but I just bought a jersey from this seller on Aliexpress and have been pleasantly surprised with the fit and quality. I went one size up and L fits me well (186cm/83kg). Can't say it'll last 100 machine washes, but for $14 delivered I can't complain.
    <Snip>

Good spot! I have used West Biking from time to time.

Come...To...Daddy... 13.36! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd get dizzy seeing that come at me.

Ribble have 30% OFF Handmade Italian tubular tyres Challenge Grifo. Might be usefully with the cross season coming up (no idea if they are any good).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Planet x sale
    briko helmet and red/black composite shoes with atop dial ,62 euro delivered.
    Schnap it up

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Another artcrank / twin six ripoff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

conkennedy wrote: »
    Another artcrank / twin six ripoff :D

maybe in design but not in name as far as i can see. perfectly allowable in bargains thread then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Canyon have a sale on Road shoes. I don't think the sale has been announced yet, so a lot of sizes available.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/accessories/#category=specials&subcat=T083

You can use the dropdown on the top right to see the other sale items, MTB shoes, helmets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Planet X have a "Fibonacci Sale" at the moment, some very good bargains.

Picked up 2 x Magicshine MJ858 lights. They have RRP as 100 euro, although Magicshine have it for 70 euro.

Still, the sale price is 43 euro!

Just watch out for shipping...I went with FREE shipping to the UK and seem to have been charged Irish shipping even though I went through parcel motel.
    Thanks for this. I've stocked up on some stuff for Autumn/Winter. E-mail received yesterday to say it's picked and ready for shipping. Impressed with the speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Picked up a rather spiffing looking carnac helmet on planet x site in their fibernatchi sale

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how come there are loads of groupsets going cheap online? last year's stock clearout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

how come there are loads of groupsets going cheap online? last year's stock clearout?
    Anywhere in particular?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-ultegra-6800-11-speed-groupset/rp-prod110818

also similar on evans cycles.
    or are these fairly normal prices anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-ultegra-6800-11-speed-groupset/rp-prod110818

also similar on evans cycles.
    or are these fairly normal prices anyway?

That's very expensive. I bought a full Ultegra 6800 groupset from Ribble in March 2015 for €570.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That's very expensive. I bought a full Ultegra 6800 groupset from Ribble in March 2015 for €570.
    It's €635 if you're set to Ireland/Euro, but £485 (~€580) for UK/Pound :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's €635 if you're set to Ireland/Euro, but £485 (~€580) for UK/Pound :eek:
    Not sure how big the box is that it ships in, but you can parcel motel it to get the UK pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Long sleeved An Post jerseys reduced on Sean Kelly Cycling via Seans Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Love the description:
    This long sleeve jersey is perfect for Spring or Autumn wear. When combined with a long sleeve base layer and a full membrane waterproof and windproof Gillet it even makes a perfect winter jacket.

So it's great. Buy this and use it with three other things to make one good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

seamus wrote: »
    Not sure how big the box is that it ships in, but you can parcel motel it to get the UK pricing.

It's worth thinking about parcel wizard where packing size is questionable.
    Got mudguards from Evans through PM . The box was twice the size of the mudguards and cost me €7 and a trip to Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

seamus wrote: »

Mine came in a box 35x36x21 cm. Got it for 590 off CRC back in March but their usual price seems to be around 650. Check all the sites, sometimes the cheapest ones don't have the full range of crank lengths, cassette sizes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Eponymous wrote: »
    Love the description:

So it's great. Buy this and use it with three other things to make one good thing.

Still bought it anyway... Hopefully the xl isn't too big.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement