Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭boomdocker

g0g wrote: »
    Appreciate the designs might not be for everyone, but I just bought a jersey from this seller on Aliexpress and have been pleasantly surprised with the fit and quality. I went one size up and L fits me well (186cm/83kg). Can't say it'll last 100 machine washes, but for $14 delivered I can't complain.

Also tried bib shorts (Cheji brand) from this supplier for $ 18. Went a bit mad and thought I'd need XXL based on their measurements, and they're defo not the most snug fit. That said, quality seems good enough and I don't think they'll disintegrate in the first rain shower.

Appreciate you might need fancy gear for long spins, but I've been happy using these on the commute so thought I'd share.

hey g0g... looking at ordering some stuff here

I'm a bit confused by the sizes - you say you went UP a size - according to your weight/height on their chart you would need XXL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

boomdocker wrote: »
    hey g0g... looking at ordering some stuff here

I'm a bit confused by the sizes - you say you went UP a size - according to your weight/height on their chart you would need XXL?
    Yeah their chart is arseways. L was grand for a jersey but I'd say XL would have been better on the shorts. By UP I mean relative to the size I d normally take

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

Ribble doing extra 20% off tyres again

TYRES20

Good value

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Alanbt wrote: »

TYRES20

Good value
    The curse of small print! "Offer excludes continental gp4000..."

TYRES20

Good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

rtmie wrote: »

you got there just before me !

TYRES20

Good value
    The schwalbe one pair did fine for me! Happy, thanks AlanBt

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

I picked up this winter Jacket in Wheelworx at the weekend, quality feels really good. Yet to test it out

they had a full rack on offer and a good range of sizes available

http://www.wheelworx.ie/Coppinger%20Cycling%20Jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Radial Cycles still have twin pack GP4000's for £53 delivered (€62) 23/25/28mm available.

https://www.radialcycles.co.uk/bicycle-parts-online/tyres-and-tubes/continental-grand-prix-4000s-ii-folding-road-tyre-twin-pack-config.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Alanbt

The schwalbe one pair did fine for me! Happy, thanks AlanBt

Schwalbe man too, picked up 2 pairs of One couple weeks ago.
    Always need spares!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

TYRES20

Good value

Thanks, picked up my Tufo Calibra plus for €48 delivered, near enough €35 each in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Does anyone know how long Planet X take to deliver? On their site it says order complete, but I didn't get a tracking number for DHL with my dispatch e-mail and no sign of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Eponymous wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long Planet X take to deliver? On their site it says order complete, but I didn't get a tracking number for DHL with my dispatch e-mail and no sign of it yet.

I placed my order on 31 August, still waiting on mine...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is it in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

AngelaRI wrote: »

Actually scratch that - the delivery email (Parcel Motel) contains no direct link to the order so I didn't make the connection at first, but apparently this one is waiting in my Parcel Motel as of 7am this morning. I used the YODEL delivery courier... Yay!!! Bike cleaning kit at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

AngelaRI wrote: »

Ordered 21st and still waiting on mine, routed via Yodel / ParcelMotel and between PlanetX / Yodel by PM no isn't on the parcel, you would not believe the heartache dealing with Yodel :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

If anyone sees the Garmin Edge25 in Aldi for 49.99, please let me know ASAP ... Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Helmet I ordered from planet x took 7 to 10 days to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

ckeego wrote: »
    If anyone sees the Garmin Edge25 in Aldi for 49.99, please let me know ASAP ... Thank you

Two in Aldi Castletroy Sunday gone @ €49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

ckeego wrote: »

Still keeping you in mind. I was in the Carlow store today and they're €129.99 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Still keeping you in mind. I was in the Carlow store today and they're €129.99 :eek:

Cheers..

They had a few in Bray today but wouldn't price match Limerick or Cork...like I said, strange policy

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

I hope this isn't too much discussion, but I looked in Rathmines (today) and the Garmin Edge 25 was still €89.99.

I checked in Parnell Street last Friday and they didn't have any.

Earlier last week I checked East Wall. They did have them, but they were still €89.99 (I haven't checked since then).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I hope this isn't too much discussion, but I looked in Rathmines (today) and the Garmin Edge 25 was still €89.99.

I checked in Parnell Street last Friday and they didn't have any.

Earlier last week I checked East Wall. They did have them, but they were still €89.99 (I haven't checked since then).

Theres one in aldi newlands cross, or at least it was there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

godtabh wrote: »
    Is it in stock?
    Yeah, everything was in stock. Thing is, the e-mail said the order has been picked and prepared for dispatch. It then goes on to say orders over weekends are dispatched on Monday for Tuesday delivery.

If it was general post, I wouldn't be so bothered but when they're charging £11 for DHL, I'd expect to come as stated.

If it's not here by lunchtime, I'll drop them an e-mail I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Yeah, everything was in stock. Thing is, the e-mail said the order has been picked and prepared for dispatch. It then goes on to say orders over weekends are dispatched on Monday for Tuesday delivery.

If it was general post, I wouldn't be so bothered but when they're charging £11 for DHL, I'd expect to come as stated.

If it's not here by lunchtime, I'll drop them an e-mail I think.

i decided not to use planetx anymore after an initial order didn't arrive, then neither did the replacment they sent out, nor the replacement they sent for that. on top of that they said it had to be my fault for giving them the wrong address, even though i confirmed multiple times that they had the right one, to the point that they read the exact address that was going on the package and it was right, but didn't show up.

they are not the easiest to deal with when things go wrong either. so i've not used them in years and won't be again .not worth the hassle.

sorry for the OT post

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

mossym wrote: »
    i decided not to use planetx anymore after an initial order didn't arrive, then neither did the replacment they sent out, nor the replacement they sent for that. on top of that they said it had to be my fault for giving them the wrong address, even though i confirmed multiple times that they had the right one, to the point that they read the exact address that was going on the package and it was right, but didn't show up.

they are not the easiest to deal with when things go wrong either. so i've not used them in years and won't be again .not worth the hassle.

sorry for the OT post

I had two seperate orders for multiple small items delivered via parcel motel without problems in the last 2 weeks. You will save on delivery charge doing it this way and they have a postal code to deliver to!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

dsaint1 wrote: »
    I had two seperate orders for multiple small items delivered via parcel motel without problems in the last 2 weeks. You will save on delivery charge doing it this way and they have a postal code to deliver to!

this was before parcel motel was around, frequent parcel motel user now but no inclination to use Planetx again.

i'm sure there are loads that have hassle free sales or they wouldn't be in business, only posted as the poster seems to be having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

mossym wrote: »
    this was before parcel motel was around, frequent parcel motel user now but no inclination to use Planetx again.

i'm sure there are loads that have hassle free sales or they wouldn't be in business, only posted as the poster seems to be having issues.

Yep, I was just giving a heads up for anyone that wants to order from them in the future and also wants to save money on the cost of delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

aldi, childers road, limerick. ignore price card, the item scans at 49.99. two left now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

aldi, childers road, limerick. ignore price card, the item scans at 49.99. two left now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement