Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

mossym wrote: »
    i decided not to use planetx anymore after an initial order didn't arrive, then neither did the replacment they sent out, nor the replacement they sent for that. on top of that they said it had to be my fault for giving them the wrong address, even though i confirmed multiple times that they had the right one, to the point that they read the exact address that was going on the package and it was right, but didn't show up.

they are not the easiest to deal with when things go wrong either. so i've not used them in years and won't be again .not worth the hassle.

sorry for the OT post

Yea had the same issue with them myself have not used since for that reason,I could use parcel wizard I suppose but not bothered with them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

aldi, childers road, limerick. ignore price card, the item scans at 49.99. two left now

Any chance you could pick one up for me please, and I can pay P and P also?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alanbt wrote: »
    Schwalbe man too, picked up 2 pairs of One couple weeks ago.
    Always need spares!

Any problems with orders still pending? Mine hasn't moved from "pending" since i ordered two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Any deals on cx tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Don't know much (or indeed anything) about the Garmin Touring as such but this is serious bang for your buck. The accessories alone are probably worth the total asking price:

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-touring-plus-special-edition-bundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

none in stock anywhere. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

lennymc wrote: »
    none in stock anywhere. :(

Oops. Never actually checked that detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

for anyone looking for a wheelset, there's 2 pairs of fulcrum racing 3s (shimano freehub) left at chain reaction for £264. would nearly pull the trigger myself.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fulcrum-racing-3-road-wheelset-ex-display/rp-prod132313

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Don't know much (or indeed anything) about the Garmin Touring as such but this is serious bang for your buck. The accessories alone are probably worth the total asking price:

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-touring-plus-special-edition-bundle

None in Waterford Carlow , Kilkenny or Wexford ..... :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

nialljf wrote: »
    for anyone looking for a wheelset, there's 2 pairs of fulcrum racing 3s (shimano freehub) left at chain reaction for £264. would nearly pull the trigger myself.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fulcrum-racing-3-road-wheelset-ex-display/rp-prod132313

They show up as €346 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Eamonnator wrote: »
    They show up as €346 for me.

Change currency to sterling and it shows as £283 so I'd guess it's £264 delivered to a UK address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

aldi, childers road, limerick. ignore price card, the item scans at 49.99. two left now

Romperstomper...Many thanks for posting the photo..

iwillhtfu...Thank you so much for your offer, but I got sorted this afternoon..

All others...FYI-Halfords price match;)... As in 49.99 price match...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'm not one cx myself but possibly a bargain for someone. It's certainly a big reduction either way. £1099 - £399

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/ritte-crossberg-cx-frameset-p301026

ritte-crossberg-cx-frameset-p301026-415090_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

blue and Green Gabba 2 on PBK with PBKDD code 82 euro for the next hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

That PBKDD code seems to work on other things too?

Just tested it out on a Feedback Sports Sprint workstand that I've been eyeing up for a while. Makes it 171 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

thekooman wrote: »
    blue and Green Gabba 2 on PBK with PBKDD code 82 euro for the next hour or so.

Any link? Best I can get it to is €105.

Plastik wrote: »
    Any link? Best I can get it to is €105.

add to the basket and then add code PBKDD... now dropped to 18% from 20%. its now 85 euro... strike now while the iron is hot!

code works for everything.
    http://www.probikekit.co.uk/probikekit/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Cheapest Gabba on there is €128 - 18% = €105. I don't see any there as cheap as €85. Hundred quid is still a good deal mind, just not tempting me to pick up another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Plastik wrote: »
    Cheapest Gabba on there is €128 - 18% = €105. I don't see any there as cheap as €85. Hundred quid is still a good deal mind, just not tempting me to pick up another one.

Same here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

add to the basket and then add code PBKDD... now dropped to 18% from 20%. its now 85 euro... strike now while the iron is hot!

code works for everything.
    http://www.probikekit.co.uk/probikekit/

105 for me too. However change it to GBP and its 80 quid. You can pay in GBP and let your bank do the conversion. I ordered shoes and saved 25 quid a while ago from PBK

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    105 for me too. However change it to GBP and its 80 quid

its showing in my basket as 85 euro.
    396891.PNG

its showing in my basket as 85 euro.
    396891.PNG

Is your location set as ireland? I've had PBK change my location on me before.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Is your location set as ireland? I've had PBK change my location on me before.
    thats it... its UK. sorry for the merry go round... wanted to spread the word! :o
    maybe use AddressPal /parcel motel for delivery?

You only need to change price to Sterling, and shipping to Ireland. It'll give the cheaper price so still a bargain though now at 16%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's a declining credit. I had it at 18℅ initially and it reduced to 16.
    Got a long sleeve Jersey for 59.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Thanks kooman

Had the Gabba in the basket while I added other bits and pieces but ended up taking it out. I do want one but don't think I could live with the blue or green. Will hold out for a convertible I think. Still some good deals, Nanoflex knee and arm warmers for around €20 are a steal. Fawesome 2 vest for €61 is great piece of kit have the older one and its probably my favourite bit of bike clothing. Few other bits of castelli and Sram red 11 speed chain for €25 make for some great value.
    Got the discount at 16% down to 14% now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

scott.s wrote: »
    That PBKDD code seems to work on other things too?

Just tested it out on a Feedback Sports Sprint workstand that I've been eyeing up for a while. Makes it 171 euro :D

Did you order the stand ? I need a new stand myself to suit a full carbon bike with 12mm thru axles (12 x 100mm front, 12 x 142mm rear), Do you know if this comes with the adapters?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Yep, ordered it. As far as I know it doesn't come with the thru axle adapters. I need the adapters too as my cross bike has a front thru axle, but I'll just source the adapters from somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Nice selection of shoes at reasonable prices on Cycling Weekly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement