Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

ruffmut wrote: »
    Just after reserving a Garmin 520 in halfords for €166. This is for the head unit only. Nearly bought it last week @ €225 from there.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-520-cycle-computer
    Thanks (not). Curse you bargain alerts thread!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

A bit random this:

2 pairs Brake shoes & pads, 2 pairs replacement pads and 2 gear cables for the grand total of e5.49 from chain reaction.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/clarks-55mm-road-brake-pads-free-gear-cables/rp-prod94327

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

clog wrote: »
    A bit random this:

2 pairs Brake shoes & pads, 2 pairs replacement pads and 2 gear cables for the grand total of e5.49 from chain reaction.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/clarks-55mm-road-brake-pads-free-gear-cables/rp-prod94327

Feckers! I paid more than double that a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Just after reserving a Garmin 520 in halfords for €166. This is for the head unit only. Nearly bought it last week @ €225 from there.

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/cycling-technology/cycling-gps/garmin-edge-520-cycle-computer

Goddammit ruffmut, and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 stokesdiva

Hope I posted in right place Pet paradise in Waterford have a deal on Royal Canin
    Dog food
    €12 off 12/15kg bags
    €7 off 8kg bags
    €4 off 3kg bags
    1.5kg adult bags only €12.99
    1.5kg junior bags only €13.49

Cat food
    €10 off 10kg bags
    €4 off 4kg bags
    Anyone that buys royal canin no how expensive it is so thought this was a good deal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

stokesdiva wrote: »
    Hope I posted in right place Pet paradise in Waterford have a deal on Royal Canin
    Dog food
    €12 off 12/15kg bags
    €7 off 8kg bags
    €4 off 3kg bags

Cat food
    €10 off 10kg bags
    €4 off 4kg bags
    Anyone that buys royal canin no how expensive it is so thought this was a good deal

Unfortunately this is bargain alters for cyclists (unless Royal Canin makes you go faster)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I know a Doctor who'll get you a TUE for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Dog food
    €12 off 12/15kg bags
    €7 off 8kg bags
    €4 off 3kg bags

Cat food
    €10 off 10kg bags
    €4 off 4kg bags
    this thread has gone to the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stokesdiva

thekooman wrote: »
    this thread has gone to the dogs!

Ha ha 😊 sorry about that thought I clicked on right thread it's still good deal. I'll let you get back to your bikes sorry again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Ha ha 😊 sorry about that thought I clicked on right thread it's still good deal. I'll let you get back to your bikes sorry again

As a cat and a bike person, I demand more of these sorts of bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Picked mine up. Lovely piece of kit, ridiculously good price. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Picked mine up. Lovely piece of kit, ridiculously good price. Thank you :)

Very tempting at that price... the Edge 25 is probably plenty for me....for the 520 I'd get a wireless unit for the Di2 so I can see what gear I'm in...and battery level...stop STop STOP !! :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

If you come across any Canagan Bargains, PM me! Fecking Cat is costing me a fortune :/

Fillet Tuna is cheaper :(

Anyways... This is just really a bump for the Halfords Garmin 520 @ 166e link, seriously good value.

Not connecting to a PC for uploading is something you didn't know you needed, till you had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Not connecting to a PC for uploading is something you didn't know you needed, till you had it.

You know you can use ST uploader for that http://www.sportablet.com/mobile-garmin-uploader.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 samshipee

Chers Ruffmut

Picked up a Garmin 520 this evening in swords for €149 with an AXA card, no issues getting the 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Anyways... This is just really a bump for the Halfords Garmin 520 @ 166e link, seriously good value.

I feel better that it's not a bundle with the other sensors given I bought a brand new one second hand recently ;):D

It's handy alright but I've almost been caught out a couple of time with a flat battery. Getting a charge in while uploading is the only benefit of having to connect to the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

9 Gels from Wiggle 2.40(expire october)
    Good deal if you are ordering anything else to get the free shipping

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wiggle-nutrition-energy-gels-pack-9x38g-exp-oct/

Edit: Its only available if you use your shipping address as the UK so Parcel Motel or other Northy address would be needed i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Daroxtar wrote: »
    You know you can use ST uploader for that http://www.sportablet.com/mobile-garmin-uploader.html

That's an awesome little app - used to use it with my Garmin Forerunner 310xt: phone had ANT capability, else you just get a USB OTG dongle, STUploader (free 'trial' of 2 activity uploads, thereafter you must pay, but it's very much worth it!). Now most everything comes with bluetooth integration which is even easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Re the Garmin 520 in Halfords:
    Whats included in this? Obviously no speed cadence or hrm sensors , but does it include a mount , a charger and all the necessary cables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

myclist wrote: »
    Re the Garmin 520 in Halfords:
    Whats included in this? Obviously no speed cadence or hrm sensors , but does it include a mount , a charger and all the necessary cables?

I bought one today.
    No HRM sensor, no cadence sensor.

Two mounts included. An out front mount and the traditional Garmin plastic mount.
    There is a cable for charging, it connects to a USB.
    There is no charger, you plug into a USB port.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Thanks for the info. Ill pull the trigger on this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

recommendations for buying a groupset? thinking 105 5800...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

stecleary wrote: »
    recommendations for buying a groupset? thinking 105 5800...

I'd go Campagnolo Super Record EPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

cjonesy1 wrote: »

I quite like the look of the new Sram Red eTap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I quite like the look of the new Sram Red eTap.

Cheapskates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

cjonesy1 wrote: »

I will if you're paying for it.
    OK on recommendations I was looking for places, websites ect.
    Going on my winter/commuter so anything above 105 is over kill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

ProBikeKit have Sportful Giro shorts (with the big pad, if you like a big pad) for 24 euro or so. Also lots of other offers that are worth a look.

stecleary wrote: »
    I will if you're paying for it.
    OK on recommendations I was looking for places, websites ect.
    Going on my winter/commuter so anything above 105 is over kill

Merlin
    Bike-components.de
    ...all the usual suspects

• Advertisement

Salden have an AX-Lightness Squall for only 7,000. That's half price. 5.77kg, R-Sys wheels, SRAM red....C54718F46-C842-43B6-9A8D-2619631D5497_6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement