Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

just saw someone flag the price discrepancy to planet x ireland on fb but no sign of the irish price coming down yet!

Helmets won't ever be the same price in Ireland as they are zero rated for VAT in the uk but not in Ireland. Address Pal or other is the way to go for helmets ex UK - especially from CRC/Wiggle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Storage Bottle thingy similar to the Vittoria bottle. Nicer design than the vittoria item as one side has a full length zip to keep items secure. Couldn't go wrong at ?4 posted.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cycling-Tool-Capsule-Boxes-Store-Keys-Repair-Tools-Kit-Set-Bottle-Cage-Container-Storage-Box/32801969212.html

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Jaysus €26 it would do for a standby

http://www.planetx.co.uk/deals

HECANOTUS_P1.jpg

Got mine in the post today and i'm seriously impressed!

topcat77 wrote: »
    Got mine in the post today and i'm seriously impressed!

Through parcel motel?

I prefer parcel wizard (DPD) and get it delivered to work. You don't have to worry about parcel size as much and i've found they're faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Continental GP4000s 25c pair for 73 quid.

Good deal from a local business taking the fight to the online discounters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Did anyone get their PlanetX helmet through ParcelMotel yet?

Plastik wrote: »
    Did anyone get their PlanetX helmet through ParcelMotel yet?

I got mine Friday via parcel wizard.

Very impressed for the price. i went for black/black 56-58cm and it fits my 57cm head perfectly

topcat77 wrote: »
    I got mine Friday via parcel wizard.

Very impressed for the price. i went for black/black 56-58cm and it fits my 57cm head perfectly

Any pictures of it. The pictures of it on PX appear slightly fake/touched up?

Any pictures of it. The pictures of it on PX appear slightly fake/touched up?

Photo attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

anyone know of half-decent deals on a Gabba 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

http://galibier.cc/product/ventultra-gilet/

Use discount code ' ultragilet9 ' to get the Ultra delivered for £ 27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

1bryan wrote: »

is the Gabba 2 not phased out now? out of production.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

1bryan wrote: »

https://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Castelli/Gabba-2-Short-Sleeve-Jersey/412W

Get basket over £100 and use SIGMA15 to get £15 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

thekooman wrote: »
    is the Gabba 2 not phased out now? out of production.

didn't realise this. It would explain a lot. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I know it's been on here before, but Lidl Balbriggan have Hi-5 sport packs in now for 10 euro. Either a box of gels (citrus) or the mixed race pack with drinks, gels and a 750ml water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I know it's been on here before, but Lidl Balbriggan have Hi-5 sport packs in now for 10 euro. Either a box of gels (citrus) or the mixed race pack with drinks, gels and a 750ml water bottle.

Lidl cork st had a load of them in the clearance bin for 7€, expiry date mar 18!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

retalivity wrote: »
    Lidl cork st had a load of them in the clearance bin for 7?, expiry date mar 18!!!

The gels are BB 03/2018 and the pack is 10/2017

The gels are BB 03/2018 and the pack is 10/2017

I have High5 gels which are BB 10/16 and they taste fine, the manufacturers are required to put a bb date on them and so they probably use 12 months from manufacturer but in reality they would probably still be fine in 5 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I have High5 gels which are BB 10/16 and they taste fine, the manufacturers are required to put a bb date on them and so they probably use 12 months from manufacturer but in reality they would probably still be fine in 5 years time.

Agreed. I have consumed loads that are past bb date and all was ok. Recommend to store in a cool place - no direct sunlight and all should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Well, no sign of any Hi5 stuff in Cork St Lidl... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Alek wrote: »
    Well, no sign of any Hi5 stuff in Cork St Lidl... :-/

Alek, I have one box of citrus, and one summer fruits gels, and maybe 6 tubes of citrus tablets for drinks, I'll have to look in hte shed for dates.
    If you have any interest, you can PM me, I am away until Saturday week, but can sort it then if you care for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

MerlinCycles have a 10% discount on certain brands including Shimano. However, it seems that it is UK only... bit unfair I think! Do they have a history of doing similar?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket €24
    (Unit price: €24 Ite)
    SAVE €27.59
    RRP €51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket ?24
    (Unit price: ?24 Ite)
    SAVE ?27.59
    RRP ?51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.

Cheers, I picked one up just now :D

They're a great little lock, normally expensive and I don't usually leave either bike anywhere for too long but at this price I couldn't turn my nose up at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Nice one, I need a new lock holder as my current one is crumblin and this is better value than just getting a holder on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Thanks for bumping this, everyone. I meant to go looking for it. Sister just got a bike on the Bike2Work scheme.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket €24
    (Unit price: €24 Ite)
    SAVE €27.59
    RRP €51.59 *

Moved to Bargain Alerts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

velo.2010 wrote: »
    MerlinCycles have a 10% discount on certain brands including Shimano. However, it seems that it is UK only... bit unfair I think! Do they have a history of doing similar?

I bought some wheels off them at Christmas where they had the same gig with the discount, it was UK only. Got them shipped via parcelmotel and got the 10% discount.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement