Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I have High5 gels which are BB 10/16 and they taste fine, the manufacturers are required to put a bb date on them and so they probably use 12 months from manufacturer but in reality they would probably still be fine in 5 years time.
    Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Agreed. I have consumed loads that are past bb date and all was ok. Recommend to store in a cool place - no direct sunlight and all should be ok.

I had a gel during a sportive last Saturday that had a BB date of 2015 on it... no adverse effects from it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Radial cycles have Conti gp 4000s II's for 50 sterling with free postage. So under 60 euros, dont think I've seen them cheaper before to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭HowItsMade

looking to get a Garmin 520 with the HRM and Speed/Cadence bundles if anyone knows of one cheaper than Halfords, I'd appreciate a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

HowItsMade wrote: »
    looking to get a Garmin 520 with the HRM and Speed/Cadence bundles if anyone knows of one cheaper than Halfords, I'd appreciate a hand

i've always found handtec to be very competitive but they're not working out ny cheaper on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

HowItsMade wrote: »
    I got a Camelcamelcamel alert a few days ago that the 820 bundle had dropped below 300€ on Amazon Germany - I'd be wary though as if you change back to German and translate the page it doesn't say bundle in German - so I think it is just the device. Maybe worth looking at though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭fat bloke

terrydel wrote: »
    Radial cycles have Conti gp 4000s II's for 50 sterling with free postage. So under 60 euros, dont think I've seen them cheaper before to be honest.

Is that for a pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

fat bloke wrote: »
    Is that for a pair?

Yep, £25 per tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Exactly 60e when paid via Paypal today, plus 3.85 Parcelwizard fee. Nice!

23s and 28s in stock only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket €24
    (Unit price: €24 Ite)
    SAVE €27.59
    RRP €51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.

I have ordered 2. Managed to order them for collection from Swords instead of carrickmines but I cancelled and reordered. Good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket ?24
    (Unit price: ?24 Ite)
    SAVE ?27.59
    RRP ?51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.

Just a heads up on this offer (and thanks again for the heads up).

I got the Mini 7 (with the 4ft cable) for ?5 extra. I ordered the Mini 5 whilst in the store and got offered the Mini 7.

Might be worth a try.

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    Exactly 60e when paid via Paypal today, plus 3.85 Parcelwizard fee. Nice!

23s and 28s in stock only.

I went with free postage, were you in a rush to get them?

Free postage to Ireland? Awww shoite! :/

I'll give them a call this morning, maybe they haven't posted it yet.

Radial Cycles 0800 phone number on the website is wrong ("Welcome to Hyper International...") and no one picks it up, the one from google is also wrong :/ Does anyone know their landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Radial Cycles 0800 phone number on the website is wrong ("Welcome to Hyper International...") and no one picks it up, the one from google is also wrong :/ Does anyone know their landline?

From a January order of mine: +44 800731006

I've sent them an email, got an automated response with another number that no one picks up :/

+441582500849

[edit]

... but they replied to the email in an hour. Not too bad. Lets see now if I can get the package sent directly here :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Cyclesuperstore have 10tubes for 45euro today

I bought those maxxis tubes the last offer they had and I can't fault them as tubes, but I must say the box size is really awkward for jersey pockets, they're twice as bulky as your usual tube in a box for some reason, making them awkward to carry (I routinely bring two on a spin).

So if that's a consideration for you then it's worth.... considering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I bought those maxxis tubes the last offer they had and I can't fault them as tubes, but I must say the box size is really awkward for jersey pockets, they're twice as bulky as your usual tube in a box for some reason, making them awkward to carry (I routinely bring two on a spin).

So if that's a consideration for you then it's worth.... considering :)

Sorry I know this is not for discussion but i couldn't resist asking this question!!

Why do you leave them in the box when carrying them in your jersey pocket?

jon1981 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this is not for discussion but i couldn't resist asking this question!!

Why do you leave them in the box when carrying them in your jersey pocket?

Dunno. Always have. Less risk of them unravelling. I wrap the boxes in cling film so they don't get wet and disintegrate. Most manufacturers wrap them very neatly and box them snugly - vittoria for example. Two Vittorias sandwiched together are the same size as one of those Maxxis. - Anyway, it's a small thing to be sure, but it's enough to have sent me elsewhere to buy tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Dunno. Always have. Less risk of them unravelling. I wrap the boxes in cling film so they don't get wet and disintegrate. Most manufacturers wrap them very neatly and box them snugly - vittoria for example. Two Vittorias sandwiched together are the same size as one of those Maxxis. - Anyway, it's a small thing to be sure, but it's enough to have sent me elsewhere to buy tubes.

Take them out of the box. - recycle box
    Dispense with valve cap (seriously non-Euro) :)
    Open valve fully, unroll tube fully
    Place tube flat on table
    Starting directly opposite valve, tightly roll up tube to expel all air
    Holding it tight, fasten valve
    Now fold into your preferred shape
    Result: one size-minimised tube,
    voila

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Valve cap may be non euro, but it serves a function of preventing a tyre from puncturing itself when rolled up tight.

I've sent them an email, got an automated response with another number that no one picks up :/

+441582500849

[edit]

... but they replied to the email in an hour. Not too bad. Lets see now if I can get the package sent directly here :)
    Good stuff.

The address change has been sorted and the package has been dispatched to IE today. Very good email customer service, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Don't think I'd spotted this here but picked up in another thread - eurosport player annual sub is half price to 11/06 at 29.99 http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/subscription/pass.shtml
    Well worth it, my subscription was about to run out next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Bambaata wrote: »
    Don't think I'd spotted this here but picked up in another thread - eurosport player annual sub is half price to 11/06 at 29.99 http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/subscription/pass.shtml
    Well worth it, my subscription was about to run out next week!

Is that Uk only though?
    Sorry just seen Ireland is covered. Lovely.

Is that Uk only though?
    Sorry just seen Ireland is covered. Lovely.

Not this time, it was in January, and that was easily bypassed with a basic in browser VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Weepsie wrote: »
    Not this time, it was in January, and that was easily bypassed with a basic in browser VPN.

Sorry just to be sure - that means that Ireland is covered this time, yes? The T&Cs have different packages that apply to Ireland so I'm not 100% sure!

Sorry just to be sure - that means that Ireland is covered this time, yes? The T&Cs have different packages that apply to Ireland so I'm not 100% sure!

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

They want to store my card details "securely", yeah no thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

These look like very decent shoes for the price..

Lake CX160 Road Cycling Shoe

€29 plus €5.82 delivery

They've some good prices on other lake shoes as well but only a few sizes available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement