Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I meant to post this earlier.........

Halfords in Waterford had a Womens Team Carbon in white/pink (at least, there was pink somewhere on it, I think) with Sram Rival compact group (except for calipers, unbranded) and Askium wheels for only €800 yesterday. Dunno if it is an old model (2011 ?), or even what size it was, but that looked like a real bargain.

;)

and yes, it was a Carbon.

Halfords, Unit 5, Butlerstown Retail Park
    Waterford. 051 599030

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Wiggle have a 2.2kg drum of High5 Energy Source with a free box of 12 sachets of Energy Source Plus (worth about 12 notes I think) for 29 bucks. EXTRA10 voucher means you get them for 26, not bad.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-energy-source-tub-free-energy-source-plus-box/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I meant to post this earlier.........

Halfords in Waterford had a Womens Team Carbon in white/pink (at least, there was pink somewhere on it, I think) with Sram Rival compact group (except for calipers, unbranded) and Askium wheels for only €800 yesterday. Dunno if it is an old model (2011 ?), or even what size it was, but that looked like a real bargain.

;)

and yes, it was a Carbon.

Halfords, Unit 5, Butlerstown Retail Park
    Waterford. 051 599030

and if you have an axa insurance card you should be able to get another 15% off that. Thats about 680 euros. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ck101

Sean Kelly edition Vitus Carbon Frames, Fork & Headset on Chain Reaction for €640...50% discount.
    These bikes made up with Dura Ace had an RRP of 4k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/DealCheckout.asp

Are schwalbe ultremo ZX's any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

colm_gti wrote: »

I have them on my good bike! They feel really grippy and seem to roll well (and the yellow band looks great with the FP5!). However the carcass seems to be splitting (delaminating?) and they have a bit of a reputation for not being very long lasting. I ordered another pair this morning on the Superstore deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

I concur with C3PO. I've been using them since last year and have no complaints about the grip or wear rate. However, like some other Schwalbe tyres, the construction is somewhat fragile. The fibre weave is now showing through the sidewalls quite prominently and they're starting to get a bit "hairy". I'm keeping a close eye on them and it seems there's a good chance I'll have to bin them prematurely. The deal price is good but doesn't seem any better than bike24 (depends on which Conti tubes are included); don't forget the €8 P&P, since the deal is online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

..... don't forget the €8 P&P, since the deal is online only.

If you live in Dublin you can collect!

Funny but Schwalbe MTB tyres have exactly the same issues ... fantastic grip with "paper" sidewalls! You would think that they would sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Go2Guy

I'm absolutely RAGING! I went home from work yesterday with the intention of buying the Schwalbe's on cycle ss Wednesday special and forgot about it.
    Did anyone happen to buy them but now wants to sell them for some obscure reason?
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Go2Guy wrote: »
    I'm absolutely RAGING! I went home from work yesterday with the intention of buying the Schwalbe's on cycle ss Wednesday special and forgot about it.
    Did anyone happen to buy them but now wants to sell them for some obscure reason?
    G

They are for sale on bike-discount.de for €26/€27 depending on colour, not sure of the shipping cost though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Wow, I just went onto bike-discount.de
    They're extremely cheap. I need tyres and pedals for a new bike and shoes for old feet. Just to qualify my post:
    The tyres are €41 on CRC (which is usually great value) and €27 on BD.
    Similar differences on other items too.
    Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Wow, I just went onto bike-discount.de
    They're extremely cheap. I need tyres and pedals for a new bike and shoes for old feet. Just to qualify my post:
    The tyres are €41 on CRC (which is usually great value) and €27 on BD.
    Similar differences on other items too.
    Good times.
    Same as bike24, you just need to watch out for shipping. Shipping is €7.95 minimum, up to €20 for big packages. Tyres with a non-folding bead would probably incur this €20 charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Pro Bike Kit doing a 50% on some DT wheels:

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/dt-swiss-r-1700-tricon-wheelset.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

roseversand.com have these two wheelsets at a big discount at the moment
    Aero wheels €159.60 (with customer log in)
    Light wheels €131.60 (with customer log in)

Anyone have any experience of rose own brand 'Xtreme' wheels?

The aero wheelset gets a good review here even at full price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

marketty wrote: »
    Aero wheels €159.60 (with customer log in)

Anyone have any experience of rose own brand 'Xtreme' wheels?

The aero wheelset gets a good review here even at full price
    I just took the plunge with these and a few other bits and pieces. No prior experience with them but worth the gamble at that price.

Cheers for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Good price for a Wilier - would make a nice commuting machine
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wilier-asolo-fsa-9-speed-2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Canyon Ultimate CF Framset for €900 = fecking bargain!

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2530

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

it fecking is.. I can't think of a better frame even with twice the money.. tempting but I am broke.. lol

AstraMonti wrote: »
    it fecking is.. I can't think of a better frame even with twice the money.. tempting but I am broke.. lol

the phrase - beg, steal or borrow comes to mind ;-)
    Seriously tho credit catch isn't charged till frame is dispached if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Ah no.. I 've reached some time now the s-1 bikes that I can have... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

Have you many more miles on yours now, Dubba? As in all the better to compare it to the SL Pro?

Yea Plastik I'm putting up a good bit of mileage (for me) - did the ROK last Saturday and 213km since then. Also hoping to do an A4 race in Dungarvan tomorrow if my back twinge isn't too bad. Absolutely delighted with the bike, highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

High 5 Race Pack e7 at Probike kit. Extra 10% off that as well with code(tour10). Free delivery as well

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

All prologo seats at planet x and on one are 50% with this code,

UKGREENEDGE50

Valid until the end of the Tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

30% off High5 products on ProBikeKit and I think you can use the Tour20 discount code on top of that.

They are sold out of a bunch of stuff though, demand must be ridiculous when even the banana flavoured bars are out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Did you get those wheels Lemag/marketty? They look tempting... that's a decent weight for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

On the Garmin-Sharp fb page:

This weekend ONLY, we're adding 1 surprise mystery gift to every order placed on the team shop from right now, until 11:59pm on Sunday.

Could be a Garmin, could be a tee-shirt, could be a signed jersey!

Get your order in now: http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

This weekend ONLY, we're adding 1 surprise mystery gift to every order placed on the team shop from right now, until 11:59pm on Sunday.

Well considering there will be a ton of orders, I reckon you're looking at a Garmin water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

jinkypolly wrote: »

Well considering there will be a ton of orders, I reckon you're looking at a Garmin water bottle.
    Musette or a cap even
    Will find out in a week or so now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

paulo6891 wrote: »
    Did you get those wheels Lemag/marketty? They look tempting... that's a decent weight for that price!
    I was away for all of last week during which time they arrived. I'll stick them on the bike later and stick up a pic. They've both sold out now so hopefully you found something you were happy with before this response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement