Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

site_owner wrote: »
    The current 520 (520 advance) is touch screen, older versions are button operated

You sure about that? The 520 Plus is the latest one, and adds maps but still seems to be button based. The Edge 510 was touchscreen before the 520, and they actually went back to buttons on account of poor feedback from users. Having said that, I can't find such a think as an Edge 520 advance online.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I withdraw my statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Kebel

Kebel wrote: »
    @ Statler. I got the same i.e. two very expensive tubes, rather than two boxes I believe I ordered. Not happy :(

Edit : just noticed both tubes are cracked and contents all broken - completely unhappy now ��

For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully it's a mistake and give them the opportunity to put it right otherwise I'll be closing my account with them and not buying from them again.

No response from the seller to my various contacts - not happy

Obviously I would not recommend buying online from Sportsdirect.

Have now escalated to a dispute via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've been looking for a winter bike with 105 or equivalent and hydraulic discs for months - or considering doing a steel frame build but haven't been able to find a disc groupset at a good price. This bike looks like a great deal though - they don't even really seem to have cheaped out too much on the wheels

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vitus-zenium-sl-vr-disc-road-bike-105/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Great offer for the Wild Atlantic Way Sportif - book a mid-week stage for the September tour and get another place for free - €75 for 2 people to do a stage - savage value. Mid-week probably won't suit a lot of people though.

https://www.facebook.com/CycleSportif/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

@ Statler. I got the same i.e. two very expensive tubes, rather than two boxes I believe I ordered. Not happy :(

Edit : just noticed both tubes are cracked and contents all broken - completely unhappy now ��

For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully it's a mistake and give them the opportunity to put it right otherwise I'll be closing my account with them and not buying from them again.

No response from the seller to my various contacts - not happy

Obviously I would not recommend buying online from Sportsdirect.

Have now escalated to a dispute via PayPal

Same here, no response either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Some stuff in Lidl tomorrow.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=521&week=2

Panniers look like an ok ortlieb knock off for 11eu
    And some cheap commuting gear to ruin over the winter too

Their degreaser spray is good too

Tried the de greaser on my Cube Hybrid chain etc and by god that stuff is good though solvent based. It cleaned up a chain that hasn't seen a rag in 2 years like new, bike was bought second hand BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Some savings on Canyon bikes at the minute:
    e.g
    https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/aeroad/2018/aeroad-cf-slx-8-0.html
    2900 for an Aeroad with decent wheels and Ultegra 8000... would love to! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

thekooman wrote: »
    Some savings on Canyon bikes at the minute:
    e.g
    https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/aeroad/2018/aeroad-cf-slx-8-0.html
    2900 for an Aeroad with decent wheels and Ultegra 8000... would love to! :)

Not seeing much in the way of bargain bikes around at the moment, would have expected a lot more.
    Relying on it for a new bike! Cant afford what I want at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Mobi bike washer for 62 Euro, have 1 now a couple of years and works great:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mobi-v-15-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod34761

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Mobi bike washer for 62 Euro, have 1 now a couple of years and works great:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mobi-v-15-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod34761

It arrived yesterday for me. Haven’t tried it yet. I paid in STG and it cost €59 after my bank converted the currency. Better in my pocket than in CRCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

marvin80 wrote: »
    Great offer for the Wild Atlantic Way Sportif - book a mid-week stage for the September tour and get another place for free - €75 for 2 people to do a stage - savage value. Mid-week probably won't suit a lot of people though.

https://www.facebook.com/CycleSportif/
    The event is Cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ted1 wrote: »
    The event is Cancelled

Not to go off topic, but that doesnt surprise me. Scale of that event was too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Galibier have a limited to 30 autumn bundle offer for €101 for 3/4 bibs, gloves, gillet and oversocks. Tried to justify, but can't (as I only really could justify the bibs)...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Is this a good deal? I think so.

Carbon, Ultegra, decent enough wheels
    https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-sportive-racing-ultegra-black-summer-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 victor17

If anyone's looking for a decent inexpensive bike camera, have a look at Andoer Mini F9 on Amazon (£32) . I've had it for a couple of months now without any issues. It comes with a handlebar mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Is this a good deal? I think so.

Carbon, Ultegra, decent enough wheels
    https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-sportive-racing-ultegra-black-summer-sale/

It sure is...

I've been looking for a winter bike with 105 or equivalent and hydraulic discs for months - or considering doing a steel frame build but haven't been able to find a disc groupset at a good price. This bike looks like a great deal though - they don't even really seem to have cheaped out too much on the wheels

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vitus-zenium-sl-vr-disc-road-bike-105/

How often do Wiggle / CRC prices go up and down? I was waiting for my credit card payment to clear and in the space of two days this went from 799£ to 949£ - for that money I'd probably go for Canyon Endurace AL instead which has a similar spec. Chances of it dropping again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Send them an email. It is not unheard of that they've honoured the older price upon request.......

Alek wrote: »
    Send them an email. It is not unheard of that they've honoured the older price upon request.......

Thanks - gave it a go but no dice unfortunately. Back to refreshing every morning like a mad thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

planetx.co.uk has a few deals on at the moment. I picked up a Carnac "Croix" road helmet, an Agu "Lana" women's jacket, and a couple of water bottles, for <50eur.

I find planetx can be good if you can combine a few things to minimize the shipping cost; and sometimes (like that jacket) they can reduce an item by 80% to make it a very reasonable x-mas gift.

Not a bargain as such, but more of warning re a previously posted bargain, as I had promised an update.

Re a previous "bargain" posted here (in good faith by the OP) re Sportsdirect; after failing to honour the offer on their website, they initially sent me on a "wild goose chase" via what now appears to be e-mail traffic intended to make me get bored, and go away, and have since failed to respond to several (direct) e-mails and messages via PayPal - have therefore escalated to a full PayPal dispute - fingers crossed (although not a huge amount of money thankfully).

Am aware of other Boardsies who have suffered similar experiences, would therefore suggest that they are probably best avoided. :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not a bargain as such, but more of warning re a previously posted bargain, as I had promised an update.

Re a previous "bargain" posted here (in good faith by the OP) re Sportsdirect; after failing to honour the offer on their website, they initially sent me on a "wild goose chase" via what now appears to be e-mail traffic intended to make me get bored, and go away, and have since failed to respond to several (direct) e-mails and messages via PayPal - have therefore escalated to a full PayPal dispute - fingers crossed (although not a huge amount of money thankfully).

Am aware of other Boardsies who have suffered similar experiences, would therefore suggest that they are probably best avoided. :mad:

Which BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

https://www.altura.co.uk/products/clearance/

Site is slow as all feck but there seem to be some decent bargains in there

thekooman wrote: »

@ Godtabh This

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

https://www.altura.co.uk/products/clearance/

Site is slow as all feck but there seem to be some decent bargains in there

Only deliver to mainland UK so Parcel Motel of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Epitaph wrote: »
    Only deliver to mainland UK so Parcel Motel of no use.

Just used Adddresspal myself, i put my full name in the first name part and the Anpost code into the "surname" field to get it to fully complete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I ordered a few other bits from them at the same time, they had no high 5 in stock so emailed me saying they cancelled those, but the other items were being sent, I go a tracking number, but it never showed on fastways site. I emailed them, they said to check the tracking number, after I told them there was no history of the shipment there, they stoped communicating, I have filed for a refund with my credit card company.

I will never again buy from sportsdirect-wreckless.

I ordered a few other bits from them at the same time, they had no high 5 in stock so emailed me saying they cancelled those, but the other items were being sent, I go a tracking number, but it never showed on fastways site. I emailed them, they said to check the tracking number, after I told them there was no history of the shipment there, they stoped communicating, I have filed for a refund with my credit card company.

I will never again buy from sportsdirect-wreckless.

PayPal claim / refunded this morning - no thanks to Sportsdirect - all in all a completely unsatisfactory experience. Time to move on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

PayPal claim / refunded this morning - no thanks to Sportsdirect - all in all a completely unsatisfactory experience. Time to move on now.
    feel bad about posting that BA now! :mad: i got my order fine but its the last time ill be dealing with them as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement