Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anyone bought from here before?

They used to have a shop above snow and rock in Dundrum shopping centre. Bought my first road bike from them , found them to be very incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

ted1 wrote: »
    They used to have a shop above snow and rock in Dundrum shopping centre. Bought my first road bike from them , found them to be very incompetent.

Was handy for little bits on the way to the mountains. Didn't know they are gone, any idea what's there now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

same company? the website is definitely british, perhaps the irish store was a franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Anyone bought from here before?

Tried to buy my first road bike from their place in Dundrum but on the day I was due to collect I turned up to find someone prepped it then another tool sold it to the next punter to walk in the door.
    A couple of years later I ordered the child's Christmas bike off them. Got a bit nervous in mid December so checked with them and they said they were now out of stock but they could get me one in early January.
    The final straw was the gloves they wouldn't allow me to return cos they refused to accept I wasn't a woman.

And yes, I'm the big thicko who kept giving them another chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Ah yes I remember them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I called in once, they had a load of nice gear but i can't remember why but I do remember leaving feeling the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CramCycle wrote: »
    I called in once, they had a load of nice gear but i can't remember why but I do remember leaving feeling the same way.

I left a bike in for a service. Took them a week , gave me the bike and he hasn’t being serviced.

When I went to pick it up it hadn’t being setup and someone from climbing section who hasn’t being on a bike for years dealt with me. As there was no “bike staff “ working. I could go on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

This is the bargain alerts thread, any further non bargains will be deleted. Badly in need of some bargains right now! Feel free to start a new thread for discussion on a particular shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Not sure if really a great deal-
    Cannondale Slice 105 2016 Triathlon Bike for €1174

Evans Cycles have a clearance sale

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ecdl_2000

Picked up a Bike Repair Stand today in Aldi for €24.99
    Great value and 3 year warranty.
    You can call Aldi to check which stores have it in stock.
    https://www.aldi.ie/bikemate-bike-assembly-stand/p/090155007282600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I must pop in to see if I can pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭cletus

What else have they got in, the site isn't showing any other bike stuff, and that stand says it's not available till 28th May

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

cletus wrote: »
    What else have they got in, the site isn't showing any other bike stuff, and that stand says it's not available till 28th May

I looked it up and it was released yesterday (14th). Few things for cleaning, shorts, tops, pump, stand and a few bags for saddle and bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Trekker09

cletus wrote: »

I got one of he stands and there's good value on Muc Off cleaning products

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Loads of stands in Rivervalley, Swords yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I have to say that the stand is a fairly decent addition for €25. Very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ffs i was waiting months for the bike stand to show up in aldi/lidl, got fed up waiting and ordered one from germany last weekend for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

There are a few stands left in Aldi in Clonee village.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

There's also a light black shower jacket which at €17 is tremendous value. It's a spring/ autumn type jacket. Good as an extra layer if you get the temp wrong but also good protection from showers and rolls up for easy storage in back pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭CormacH94

retalivity wrote: »
    Ffs i was waiting months for the bike stand to show up in aldi/lidl, got fed up waiting and ordered one from germany last weekend for €35

Link for this 35 euro stand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

CormacH94 wrote: »
    Link for this 35 euro stand?

Its not the aldi one, just another i found browsing ebay. Only arrived on thurs, havent opened the box yet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-Mechanic-Bicycle-Repair-Stand-Adjustable-Maintenance-Stand-Rack-max-30kg/333073092292?pageci=666f078c-380c-46a8-80c2-51a1d115309b

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

MOD NOTE: this thread is for bargains only.
    If you want recommendations start a thread. Any ot posts will be deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - see updated OP regarding bargain codes which have become public knowledge

mod note - see updated OP regarding bargain codes which have become public knowledge
    bumping this as people are still reporting the issue.

will quote it here:
    bargain alert codes - if there are bargain codes shared in this thread which are in theory not meant to be made public, the company in question should get in contact directly with the boards.ie office to action this; the mods here are not in a position to know or police which are, and which are not, public.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Last time, bargains only, back and forth about someone posting a code that shouldn't ahve been posted stops here. That company have not contacted us or anyone higher up as far as I know, if tey do, the boards office will deal with it as we flagged it to them. No more discussion on that f***** code and please stop reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Maybe a stupid question but is sugoi any good?
    The pictures don’t do them any justice as the fittings look terrible in them.

Late follow up to this - I spent 350 euro in two goes buying what should have been over a grand sterling list price.

Two of my fav items were worn back to front on the sports direct photo shoot, so pretty much everything looked rubbish.

A few items I would never have paid full price for but at 8quid in xs are ace for the kids.

Big thanks to the person who originally posted - the next 5 years are going to be in lovely kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

saccades wrote: »
    Late follow up to this - I spent 350 euro in two goes buying what should have been over a grand sterling list price.

Two of my fav items were worn back to front on the sports direct photo shoot, so pretty much everything looked rubbish.

A few items I would never have paid full price for but at 8quid in xs are ace for the kids.

Big thanks to the person who originally posted - the next 5 years are going to be in lovely kit.

Are there specific items from them on sale or just all their stuff in Sports Direct. HD a quick look & saw these but v reluctant to buy based on just 1 photo
    https://ie.sportsdirect.com/sugoi-rsx-suspshrtsn99-639838#colcode=63983803

• Registered Users Posts: 12,563 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lumos are kickstarting a new bike helmet with lights/indicators built in. Running a lot cheaper than their original products. Might be of interest to some:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lumoshelmet/lumos-ultra-the-new-standard-in-bike-helmets?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

ZIPP 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear can be had for £605 on Sports Pursuit in a flash sale. Maybe not much use without a front but a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

ZIPP 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear can be had for £605 on Sports Pursuit in a flash sale. Maybe not much use without a front but a decent price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement