Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

Elite Sior bottle cages (with bottle) on offer from CRC - €7.16

These cages are a total disaster...... I use other elite cages so bought a set for another bike but had to replace.... Impossible to get. Bottle out on the move!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

countrykid wrote: »
    Elite Sior bottle cages (with bottle) on offer from CRC - €7.16

These cages are a total disaster...... I use other elite cages so bought a set for another bike but had to replace.... Impossible to get. Bottle out on the move!!!!

oh well, at least the bottles came in handy. the wife is using them at the gym. i suppose i'll fit one on anyhow just to see.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

kildare75 wrote: »
    Same gear is available here for a good bit less.Just ordered a set myself.

http://www.bmc-racing.com/int-en/shop/shop.html

:D

Would these bib shorts be comfy for long spins? Need a new pair but budget is tight and these aren't a bad price. Only started doing the longer spins and cheap shorts i have are causing discomfort.

Or has anyone any other recommendations for cheapish bib tights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

digdeep wrote: »
    Would these bib shorts be comfy for long spins? Need a new pair but budget is tight and these aren't a bad price. Only started doing the longer spins and cheap shorts i have are causing discomfort.

Or has anyone any other recommendations for cheapish bib tights?

If they are good enough for the 2011 TdF winner, an ex World Champ or three, etc etc...............I think they'll do you great!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Was that in Carrickmines, city centre or elsewhere? All I found in Carrickmines on Saturday were armwarmers.

In Carrickmines today, I got a pair of Loeffler shorts, and a pair of 3/4 knicks, €26.99 each, they're €129 and €149 on Rose. :eek:
    These were small, I'm normally medium, but they felt good in the changing room. There were a pair of bib shorts in XL left, and a few pairs of non-bib shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

rurs wrote: »
    In Carrickmines today, I got a pair of Loeffler shorts, and a pair of 3/4 knicks, €26.99 each, they're €129 and €149 on Rose. :eek:

My luck isn't in at the moment. I popped in this morning just after they opened, as I was on my way to work, and saw nada1 Must keep trying and hopefully persistence will be rewarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

My luck isn't in at the moment. I pooped in this morning just after they opened

I doubt they were happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Cleanup in aisle 3 please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Lads, I got the exact same in the Stephen's Green branch at lunch time myself: one pair of Löffler bib shorts and one pair of 3/4 length Löffler bib shorts. Not just 'freak' sizes neither - they had XS, S, L, and XL at least, with maybe 8-10 left when I was in there. These are definitely the 3/4 length ones, although the RRP on the ticket was €189. The RRP on the normal bib shorts was €163, and they look a lot like this, but not identical. Cost €26.99 each, sizing seems true, and I'm extremely happy with them.

One thing to note is that they were in an unusual spot and staff might well be uncertain of the best place to put them. I had gone through all the athletic shorts, and there were a couple of pairs of ordinary (non-bib) padded cycling shorts, which I think were these ones. I had given up on bib shorts then, so I went through the athletic tops, and there were one or two pairs of the Loeffler bib shorts there. I found the rest of them by accident later on, against the far wall in between a load of jackets.

They have some other cycling stuff: some Sugoi jerseys (look nice enough) for €20, and lots of Sugoi cycling jackets for €54.

The Löffler bib shorts are a steal. I had half a mind to buy the lot of them and do some wheeling & dealing!

Lads, I got the exact same in the Stephen's Green branch at lunch time myself: one pair of Löffler bib shorts and one pair of 3/4 length Löffler bib shorts. Not just 'freak' sizes neither - they had XS, S, L, and XL at least, with maybe 8-10 left when I was in there. These are definitely the 3/4 length ones, although the RRP on the ticket was €189. The RRP on the normal bib shorts was €163, and they look a lot like this, but not identical. Cost €26.99 each, sizing seems true, and I'm extremely happy with them.

One thing to note is that they were in an unusual spot and staff might well be uncertain of the best place to put them. I had gone through all the athletic shorts, and there were a couple of pairs of ordinary (non-bib) padded cycling shorts, which I think were these ones. I had given up on bib shorts then, so I went through the athletic tops, and there were one or two pairs of the Loeffler bib shorts there. I found the rest of them by accident later on, against the far wall in between a load of jackets.

They have some other cycling stuff: some Sugoi jerseys (look nice enough) for €20, and lots of Sugoi cycling jackets for €54.

The Löffler bib shorts are a steal. I had half a mind to buy the lot of them and do some wheeling & dealing!

From what I can see there's one small left in bibs, a few shorts and maybe three gilets. Shorts are in the outdoors trouser sections at the end of the coats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got 2 pairs of Löffler bib shorts in carrickmines today. Still had a pair of large big shirts and two large pairs of shorts. Didn't come across any tops/jackets but wasn't looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

From what I can see there's one small left in bibs, a few shorts and maybe three gilets. Shorts are in the outdoors trouser sections at the end of the coats.

Was in there at half 5, 2 large blue sugoi tops on floor under rail under the red mens sign. Saw 1 pair xxl shorts in with the coats, didn't see any bib shorts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm wondering was there any of the ladies stuff in carrickmines? i'm a bit of a fan of Sugoi gear :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is there any difference between men and women's shorts (other than body parts)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

godtabh wrote: »
    Is there any difference between men and women's shorts (other than body parts)?

I've seen manufacturers talk about the different shape of the chamois in their women's shorts. I'm not sure if the lycra is cut differently too, but the chamois is reason enough for women to go for women-specific shorts I imagine. For bibshorts, the bib is sometimes a very different design too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭cython

Grassey wrote: »

Was in there at half 5, 2 large blue sugoi tops on floor under rail under the red mens sign. Saw 1 pair xxl shorts in with the coats, didn't see any bib shorts though.
    Think I got the last pair of bibs there today, size xxl as well but judging by the size guide online that seems about right. Certainly not massively far out.

Well, I picked up one of the Sugio cycling jerseys. It was marked as an L and tag says same. It's more a medium. Looks like I'll be going back.

Tried the bibs on quickly earlier. Material's a bit thinner than I'm used to, but they fit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

doozerie wrote: »
    I've seen manufacturers talk about the different shape of the chamois in their women's shorts. I'm not sure if the lycra is cut differently too, but the chamois is reason enough for women to go for women-specific shorts I imagine. For bibshorts, the bib is sometimes a very different design too.

I'll admit, my first pair of cycling shorts were a womens pair (I'm a guy), they were a damn sight more comfortable than any men's shorts I've worn, and the chamois was a very different shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭cython

Well, I picked up one of the Sugio cycling jerseys. It was marked as an L and tag says same. It's more a medium. Looks like I'll be going back.

Tried the bibs on quickly earlier. Material's a bit thinner than I'm used to, but they fit well.
    This looks very like the same ones, so perhaps the "original price" is not so ridiculous either: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/loeffler-bib-shorts-hotbond/aid:307528

cython wrote: »
    This looks very like the same ones, so perhaps the "original price" is not so ridiculous either: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/loeffler-bib-shorts-hotbond/aid:307528

I got these

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/loeffler-34-length-cycling-tights-hotbond/aid:538717

• Advertisement

Third time lucky in Carrickmines this evening (and not a poop in sight :D). Got lucky withe the Loffler bib knickers as I spotted a discarded pair that someone had discarded on a stand near the changing rooms. Only have to figure out what Hot Bond is now and whether I am one.

i got two pairs of these

I'm all set for the winter now.

Any recommendations for an iphone 4 holder?

Third time lucky in Carrickmines this evening (and not a poop in sight :D). Got lucky withe the Loffler bib knickers as I spotted a discarded pair that someone had discarded on a stand near the changing rooms. Only have to figure out what Hot Bond is now and whether I am one.

That was probably me. A panic at home meant I dumped a few bits and had to leggit (after paying)

godtabh wrote: »
    That was probably me. A panic at home meant I dumped a few bits and had to leggit (after paying)

Ah - a treasure trail! Any clues to the whereabouts of your other discards and I'll be there at 9 am? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Ah - a treasure trail! Any clues to the whereabouts of your other discards and I'll be there at 9 am? :D

:D

on the shirt rack as of 4:30 yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

These are the shorts:-
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/loeffler-cycling-shorts-hotbond/aid:307542

Carrickmines still has M & XL (poss Small too) but I snagged the Large. Couldnt see any BIBs today.Found them all amongst men's active wear shorts section, though its work checking th rails by the fitting room as stuff can sit there for a while before being returned to the main floor.

Had a quick look for female shorts - for j@utis - but couldn't see any cycling specific stuff.

They do have a fairly good selection of long sleeve running tops which might work for someone looking for base layer gear.

Anyone checked the Blanchardstown and Swords stores?

Wore the bibs this morning. They're very light, so thought I might get chilly. Most luxurious shorts I've ever worn. The Vermarc ones I bought earlier in the year were on par with my club gear, but these are a world ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

went into TX Max in Blanch yesterday after work. I don't know how anybody can go shopping in there the way you have to search for things. I lasted about 10 minutes, found nothing cycling related and got my ass home!

off now to Stephens green for more of the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

stevieob wrote: »
    went into TX Max in Blanch yesterday after work. I don't know how anybody can go shopping in there the way you have to search for things. I lasted about 10 minutes, found nothing cycling related and got my ass home!

off now to Stephens green for more of the same!

Here today (blanch) looking for bib tights with no luck but found a rake of Suogi tops in men's active. Short sleeve tops, gillets and jackets
    Must be 20 plus in various sizes. Agee the place is a mess but worth a look. If your in a rush just scan for the high tech fabrics and reflective stickers:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement