Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mcofferon wrote: »
    Here today (blanch) looking for bib tights with no luck but found a rake of Suogi tops in men's active. Short sleeve tops, gillets and jackets
    Must be 20 plus in various sizes. Agee the place is a mess but worth a look. If your in a rush just scan for the high tech fabrics and reflective stickers:)

cheers, will pop in again later on for another goo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

stevieob wrote: »
    went into TX Max in Blanch yesterday after work. I don't know how anybody can go shopping in there the way you have to search for things. I lasted about 10 minutes, found nothing cycling related and got my ass home!

off now to Stephens green for more of the same!

+1

I hate TK Max. I've never seen anything that I would consider a bargain and/or worth the humiliation/stress/frustration of shopping there. It's a zoo!

Having said that, I know people who think it's a great place :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

route66 wrote: »
    stevieob wrote: »
    went into TX Max in Blanch yesterday after work. I don't know how anybody can go shopping in there the way you have to search for things. I lasted about 10 minutes, found nothing cycling related and got my ass home!

off now to Stephens green for more of the same!

+1

I hate TK Max. I've never seen anything that I would consider a bargain and/or worth the humiliation/stress/frustration of shopping there. It's a zoo!

Having said that, I know people who think it's a great place :eek:

+1

One wishes that Arnotts sold cycling gear. One never feels humiliated shopping there. Y'know, away from the animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fan

Not much left in Stephen's Green at lunch time today. I found one pair of L/XL Loeffler bib shorts, one pair of Loeffler L/XL shorts, a couple of L LS Sugoi jerseys, one XL gilet and a couple of XS 2XU bits. Nowt in small.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

I ordered a couple of these [elite sior cages] yesterday so I'll share my two cents worth when I get them fitted.

The 500ml bottles that came with the cages are indeed very difficult to remove, (one more so than the other though?).
    However I have two zoot 800ml bottles which I bought from rflynnr on here and they work really nicely with the cages.
    The 500ml elite bottles in turn work really well with my other cages so I'm happy and at 14 euro for two bottles and two cages I think I've done well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Plastik

On the ball in Tkmaxx, Cork this morning. Some of the Loffler 3/4 lengths and Sugoi Windblock bib tights for €26.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody have any experience of these cycling shoes from Aldi?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23658.htm

On sale this Thursday for only €19.99. (also there are more cycling specials too)

Wanting a cheap set of shoes with clip-in-pedals, on a cheap budget as possible for my La Pierre Technic 400.

Anybody ever had a pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Col200sx wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience of these cycling shoes from Aldi?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23658.htm

On sale this Thursday for only €19.99. (also there are more cycling specials too)

Wanting a cheap set of shoes with clip-in-pedals, on a cheap budget as possible for my La Pierre Technic 400.

Anybody ever had a pair?

Check out this thread, theres a couple of posts about the shoes here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760421

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Mcofferon wrote: »
    Check out this thread, theres a couple of posts about the shoes here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056760421

Great, thanks Mcofferon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Plastik wrote: »
    On the ball in Tkmaxx, Cork this morning. Some of the Loffler 3/4 lengths and Sugoi Windblock bib tights for €26.99 each.

Nice one Plastik, where in the Cork Tkmaxx did you find them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Plastik

I think the Loffler were in with the shorts and the Sugoi in with the outdoor pants. All in and around the kind of area where you might expect to find them without knowing which rail to really start on - as is nearly always the way with Tkmaxx. I didn't bother checking any other rails for places people might have put them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Fan wrote: »
    Not much left in Stephen's Green at lunch time today. I found one pair of L/XL Loeffler bib shorts, one pair of Loeffler L/XL shorts, a couple of L LS Sugoi jerseys, one XL gilet and a couple of XS 2XU bits. Nowt in small.

Kack, I missed them! I had a good look around on Friday lunch time and found one pair of xxl shorts, a bit big for me but got them anyway. I really wanted the bib shorts and couldnt find any in either Stephens green or Blanch.

I did find a good few jerseys and got myself a couple of nice ones. everything was in large size that i found in tops, again, a bit on the loose side, would have liked to compare with M but for the money, I got them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Still Expensive... But a few nice deals in the Chrome store: https://www.chromebagsstore.com/backdoor-sale.html
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/buyandsell/1/bargainsoftheweek.html#crc3

keep an eye here guys, few things are cheap alright. Was posted in the very first page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Lad on adverts selling a haep of new shoes chaep

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-201856/type_all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just in case people arent aware 10-OFF worked for 10% of BASKET price yesterday on Wiggle for me. I always check their "Vouchers offers and promotions" page - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/Vouchers On it there was a Google display one but it wasnt displaying the actual promo but a quick gander uncovered the 10-OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Took delivery of a pair of Mavic Aksiums from this crowd (based in France) yesterday. €165 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Bambaata wrote: »
    Just in case people arent aware 10-OFF worked for 10% of BASKET price yesterday on Wiggle for me. I always check their "Vouchers offers and promotions" page - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/Vouchers On it there was a Google display one but it wasnt displaying the actual promo but a quick gander uncovered the 10-OFF

Doesn't seem to work now unless there a min spend criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭buffalo

Dammit! Why do I always forget to check for codes when ordering from Wiggle?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work now unless there a min spend criteria.

I think there's a £100 minimum spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Would 700*19-23 tubes do in a 700*25 tyres? Good deal on Vittoria tubes on wiggle but only 700*19-23's left. Heard before it'll be grand in 25 tyres but just want to make sure before I click "Buy".

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

I wouldn't chance it myself. I once experienced a blow out when using an undersized tube, which had been sold to me by a South Dublin shop (which I won't name) with the assurance that "It'll be grand". It wasn't grand and I was glad that it was fitted to my rear wheel rather than the front. It blew after about 20km, close to the valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Would 700*19-23 tubes do in a 700*25 tyres? Good deal on Vittoria tubes on wiggle but only 700*19-23's left. Heard before it'll be grand in 25 tyres but just want to make sure before I click "Buy".

I do it all the time. No incidents to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The difference is probably statistical - the diameter of the 19-23 tube would be slightly less than that of a 23-27 tube, thus to inflate it to the slightly larger 25mm will involve additional stretching of the tube wall, leaving the rubber a little bit thinner than necessary, and therefore more prone to all forms of puncture, but also more prone to puncturing on things inside the tyre like damaged rim tape, etc.

As I say, statistically different. You probably wouldn't notice with a 25mm tyre, but you definitely would notice with 28s or bigger.

Though, thinking about it the biggest risk is probably at the valve. If you pump up a tube outside of the wheel, you notice that the valve is the "pinch point" on the tube, where the valve is glued in place. Presumably this point is smaller on smaller tubes, so to inflate it beyond the recommended tyre size is to put additional pressure on this pinch point, which would probably explain Keep_Her_lit's experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

€15 off orders over €75 from CRC. Enter the code EU15 at the basket. Offer valid until midday Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    Current Groupon deal seems to be good enough value. You can get either 1 (€21), 2 (€38) or 3 (€55) packs of the following delivered.

Each single pack contains:
    • 1 High 5 Water Bottle 750ml
    • 10 High 5 Energy Gels - citrus, summer fruits, banana or orange
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - cherry
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - citrus
    • 20 High 5 Zero Tabs - XTREME or pink grapefruit
    1345819998798.jpg
    Back up again but € 1 per pack more expensive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€15 off orders over €75 from CRC. Enter the code EU15 at the basket. Offer valid until midday Tuesday.

Slightly cheaper method
    £10 off minimum £49 spend GBP10
    Don't forget the 3% cashback from fatcheese

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement