Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

colm_gti wrote: »
    Garmin edge 500 HR and cadence bundle for €235....http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44124

Feel like I've been robbed having paid full Irish RRP for mine when I was in a hurry :rolleyes:

Garmin edge 800 performance bundle is also cheaper at €375 than handtec.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Some dubious high quality cycling leisure wear here..

http://johanbruyneel.shop.sportstoday.com/Default.aspx

All discounted as of now........

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

They had Sugoi bib shorts in TK Maxx in Stephen's Green through the week. Quality looked good, although they had a sort of chequerboard '87' design down the side, which mightn't be to everyone's taste. €19.99 though - hard to argue with that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They had Sugoi bib shorts in TK Maxx in Stephen's Green through the week. Quality looked good, although they had a sort of chequerboard '87' design down the side, which mightn't be to everyone's taste. €19.99 though - hard to argue with that.

Saw one pair on the tshirt rack in Carrickmines this morning. Large

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

Garmin Edge 500 only £125 including delivery on Amazon this morning, best price I've ever seen for it. I wonder with crc and amazon suddenly discounting there is a new version coming out soon, it is over two years old at this stage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edge-500-Bike-GPS/dp/B002O0QBE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350472846&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Surinam wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 500 only £125 including delivery on Amazon this morning, best price I've ever seen for it. I wonder with crc and amazon suddenly discounting there is a new version coming out soon, it is over two years old at this stage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Edge-500-Bike-GPS/dp/B002O0QBE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350472846&sr=8-1

£200 with cadence and hrm bundle. select model type on drop down box on link above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    €200 with cadence and hrm bundle. select model type on drop down box on link above

Make that £200 - not Euro ...

Quick conversion, courtesy of XE, and we get a bit over €246 - more expensive than the €239.58 showing on CRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

I got a 10 quid voucher with my last CRC purchase. It needs to be used in the next week and a half or so and can only be used when the order is more than 75 quid (all sterling). I have no plans to use it so if anyone wants it....

theres a chance it may be tied to my user account there and hence may not work. If someone wants to give it a go, you're more than welcome to it

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

I was talking about the unit by itself, it is the cheapest you're going to find for the unit.

Then, if you buy the cadence and premium HRM strap separately it comes to £186 including delivery - cheaper than crc. Odd they still have the bundle price (which I think inculdes the older inferior heart rate strap) at the more expensive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

elduggo wrote: »
    I got a 10 quid voucher with my last CRC purchase. It needs to be used in the next week and a half or so and can only be used when the order is more than 75 quid (all sterling). I have no plans to use it so if anyone wants it....

theres a chance it may be tied to my user account there and hence may not work. If someone wants to give it a go, you're more than welcome to it

I was about to order a light from CRC that'd cost over £75. Any chance I could try the voucher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

rflynnr wrote: »
    I was about to order a light from CRC that'd cost over £75. Any chance I could try the voucher?

yep, will PM the code now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Surinam wrote: »

Missed the boat there I fear - Tried that link this afternoon and its back up to £149.95 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

These ... reduced from £49.95 to £12.49 on Amazon.co.uk. A good choice of colour frames and lenses - I've ordered two pair - probably a lot better than my fake Oakleys :)

Rayzor Professional Lightweight GunMetal Grey UV400 Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, With a 1 Piece Blue Iridium Revo Anti-Glare Lens.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002ILNY20/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ugsparky wrote: »
    These ... reduced from £49.95 to £12.49 on Amazon.co.uk. A good choice of colour frames and lenses - I've ordered two pair - probably a lot better than my fake Oakleys :)

Rayzor Professional Lightweight GunMetal Grey UV400 Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, With a 1 Piece Blue Iridium Revo Anti-Glare Lens.

What lenses did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

€15 off CRC > €75 code: 15EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

£10 when spending over £75 code for anyone who wants it: A1QRAXS5, as i wont get to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

ugsparky wrote: »

Wish I'd seen this last week. I took a chance on these yokes - god only knows what'll arrive! Have always wanted option of darker lenses.

godtabh wrote: »
    What lenses did you go for?

Rayzor Professional Lightweight GunMetal Grey UV400 Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, With a 1 Piece ... Blue Iridium Revo Anti-Glare Lens.

I ordered two pair of these (one for me & one for the armchair/cycling general) - figuring if I couldn't find mine I could nick hers :p.

The Blue Iridium anti glare got the best reviews, looked good to me and seemed to be the best specs :cool: ... err specifications.

g0g wrote: »
    Wish I'd seen this last week. I took a chance on these yokes - god only knows what'll arrive! Have always wanted option of darker lenses.

Well at £12.49 reduced from £49.99 you might as well chance a pair. I think the only reason they're so cheap is because they're the 2012 range

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Anyone have any vouchers they aren't using for Evanscycles? Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I got a clear yellow for the rainy days and Amber / Orange Iridium Revo Mirrored Anti-Glare Lens for the sunny ones.

Reading my order now it says cricket sunglasses. I hope they are suitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

How much was delivery to Ireland on "them Yokes"

For two pairs £28 in total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

stevieob wrote: »
    How much was delivery to Ireland on "them Yokes"

they charged me 2.96UK post for one pair to Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

big shimano components sale on at CRC right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

http://www.shinybikes.com/campagnolo-veloce-10sp-silver-groupset-2011.html

Veloce groupset for €421 - Anyone seen one cheaper?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

gman2k wrote: »
    http://www.shinybikes.com/campagnolo-veloce-10sp-silver-groupset-2011.html

Veloce groupset for €421 - Anyone seen one cheaper?

€409 from Bike24, probably about the same after postage. A bit more expensive in Ribble, though they list it as the 2013 rather than 2011 veloce, whatever difference that makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Doc Man has a good deal on S/H campag group with carbon levers in the adverts forum

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

€15 off CRC > €75 code: 15EUR

Thanks for that.. Track pump, 105 Casette and two tubes... Saved me that nice €15 off my €76 euro order :D

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    I got a clear yellow for the rainy days and Amber / Orange Iridium Revo Mirrored Anti-Glare Lens for the sunny ones.

Reading my order now it says cricket sunglasses. I hope they are suitable!

... I saw that too - I stayed with the cycling ones, but if you think of a cricket ball smacking you in the face ... I would think the BS standard would be the same for both ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement