Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

does anyone know where i can get some 60mm wheel decals?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I've some Bontrager ones if they interest you, leopard trek?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

dfdream wrote: »
    Ive used several of these base layers and find them very good..

Work well in hot and cold and very comfortable.

£11.98 delivered.

http://tinyurl.com/cvdtdud

how are the sizes, looking at their sizing charts, at 81kg and 1.85m it says i'm o teh top end of XXL, which i doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭leopard trek

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    I've some Bontrager ones if they interest you, leopard trek?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Saw this whilst browsing for shoes

http://www.jensonusa.com/Road-Cycling-Shoes/Shimano-R132L-Road-Shoe-09

They ship to Ireland, and if you take size 37 shimanos then the total cost would be €34.87!

Can't imaging they'd charge customs duty for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Mcofferon wrote: »

They ship to Ireland, and if you take size 37 shimanos then the total cost would be €34.87!

37......FFS. My kid's Barbie doll takes a bigger shoe size !! ;);)

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    37......FFS. My kid's Barbie doll takes a bigger shoe size !! ;);)

what kind of scary ass dolls do you give your kids?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Ive used several of these base layers and find them very good..

Work well in hot and cold and very comfortable.

£11.98 delivered.

http://tinyurl.com/cvdtdud

Any idea what`s going on with their sizing guide? It`s kind of all over the place. My chest measurement says I should get a xxl, yet my sleeve and full length suggest I should be getting a medium. Confused..

What size did you get and what kind of height and weight are you,,, if you dont mind me asking? It does say they are small fitting and I should get one size bigger than what I normally wear but ive never gone bigger than a large in my life, never mind a xxl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Mossym sorry for the delay.
    Im 6'3" and 107kg and I have the xxxl.
    Wore it on Saturday and it performed very well in cold and wet even though I dont have suitable winter gear outside it. Other layers were damp/wet but base layer was dry.Turtle Neck is a nice to have too..I also realised I need to invest in overshoes...Brrrrrrr.
    mossym wrote: »
    how are the sizes, looking at their sizing charts, at 81kg and 1.85m it says i'm o teh top end of XXL, which i doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Are these similar Under Armour cold gear or thinner like the Canterbury stuff?

Cheers
    PS...BBB Waterflex overshoes are my fav... Not too warm, not too cool..Dry very quickly
    Mossym sorry for the delay.
    Im 6'3" and 107kg and I have the xxxl.
    Wore it on Saturday and it performed very well in cold and wet even though I dont have suitable winter gear outside it. Other layers were damp/wet but base layer was dry.Turtle Neck is a nice to have too..I also realised I need to invest in overshoes...Brrrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Aldi Rathmines have some cycling clothes only one of each

Mens Winter Cycling Jacket was 18.99 now €12.99
    Cycling Rain Jacket was 27.99 now €18.99
    Mens Winter Cyclin Trousers Size Small Not sure how much they are but 30% off

*Full disclosure. I work there*

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

TBH they are light but they are effective. They maintain a nice body temp and torso stays nice and dry. It passes out the sweat very efffectively but doesnt let you boil up either. I cant compare it to any others as I havent tried them. I went with this one because it seemed to have the technology and I didnt want to send €50 for the main stream ones. At £12 odd it was worth a punt...

BTW Got a set of the BBB Heavy Duty OSS Overshoes. Hope they are as good as the ones you mention.

Are these similar Under Armour cold gear or thinner like the Canterbury stuff?

Cheers
    PS...BBB Waterflex overshoes are my fav... Not too warm, not too cool..Dry very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I got the BBB Heavy Duty OSS Overshoes... not as warm as I thought they'd be, but better than nothing. They have kept me fairly dry too, havent been out in a proper downpour in them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

godtabh wrote: »
    I got a clear yellow for the rainy days and Amber / Orange Iridium Revo Mirrored Anti-Glare Lens for the sunny ones.

Reading my order now it says cricket sunglasses. I hope they are suitable!

Did your yellow lense cycling glasses arrive? I'm thinking of taking the plunge on them for winter cycling. What do you think of them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I find them good. Lost the cloth to clean them so that is causing a bit of a problem with all the grim on the roads with the wet weather. Worth €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

godtabh wrote: »
    I find them good. Lost the cloth to clean them so that is causing a bit of a problem with all the grim on the roads with the wet weather. Worth €15

And you got these ones?
    31nNZhEjD-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think thats them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

For any downhill mountain bikers out there, this could be a nice way to kit up for cheap for you.

Ben Reid, a pro from up north, is having an end of year sale of a ton of gear, most of it is brand new, never used and at half price or less, everything from forks to wheels, body armour and even mech hangers and helmets!

http://mtbbargains.wordpress.com/

I can confirm that the site is legit and it is Ben himself selling the gear, as he himself posted it on the IDMS page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Garmin Barracuda climbers jersey. reduced to $40 from $100 in Small only.........but you need to be VERY quick. One day only. Not sure about shipping charges.

http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/on-sale/2012-garmin-barracuda-climber-jersey-sm.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Wiggle have upped their gold and platinum loyalty discounts from 5%->12% (gold) and 12%->15% (platinum) until nov 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Seen on LivingSocial:
    The Bike Rack in Dun Laoghaire are doing bike servicing for €15. Apparently it's a €35 euro 'value', so I'm assuming you'll have to put up with some fake yank twang to avail of the offer. A small price to pay for having your bearings re-greased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Aldi in Navan had 2 bike stands left reduced to €20 this evening. Would hav taken one but I 'literally' hav nowhere to put it. Or so she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Trek demo sale website gone online

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

This could be interesting. If the discount on that Madone 6.9 SSL WSD is correct one could pick up a serious bike for cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    This could be interesting. If the discount on that Madone 6.9 SSL WSD is correct one could pick up a serious bike for cheap...
    Looks like it is, more info on road.cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

Hey
    Does anybody know if these are cheaper anywhere else:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=82252
    Thinking of pulling the trigger soon as the sale is due to end.
    Handtec are exactly the same (incl delivery) afaics.
    Any thoughts on the 500?
    Cheers,
    Slo
    picked up the bundle for 240.

Still as slow as **** but it helps to find out where I am as slow as ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Provided that one was female...WSD are the ladies frames, for info.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

Site needs updating! :pac:

"Madone 6 Series is race-bike royalty, with its legacy of 9 Tour de France wins....."

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Site needs updating! :pac:

"Madone 6 Series is race-bike royalty, with its legacy of 9 Tour de France wins....."

nothing has ever been proven against the bike....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

mossym wrote: »
    nothing has ever been proven against the bike....;)

LOL
    True, it's not about the bike! :)

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement