Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

detones wrote: »
    under shorts

You're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Seaneh wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong.

Well I always wear my underwear under other clothes, as apposed to the way you do it Son of Kypton. Thanks for the advice Superman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Well I always wear my underwear under other clothes, as apposed to the way you do it Son of Kypton. Thanks for the advice Superman.

Are you wearing cycling shorts or regular shorts. Previous poster may be pointing out that it's a bad idea to wear underwear under already padded cycling shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Are you wearing cycling shorts or regular shorts. Previous poster may be pointing out that it's a bad idea to wear underwear under already padded cycling shorts.

IS that a bad idea? I sometimes wear my Canterbury leggings under bib shorts. Are you saying you shouldn't have anything inside the chamaois? I have noticed a bit of discomort with my shorts of late...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    IS that a bad idea? I sometimes wear my Canterbury leggings under bib shorts. Are you saying you shouldn't have anything inside the chamaois? I have noticed a bit of discomort with my shorts of late...

Ditch the leggings for a pair of leg warmers, or wear them over your shorts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Ok been looking into this and talked to my cousin, an A2 racer and it looks like I owe Seaneh an apology. Do'h! I'm new to cycling and Have been wearing tights so far and thought these would do the same job. Ignore the offer from lidl unless your going skiing!! These things would look ridiculous over shorts and are probably too thin. Under shorts they probably just leave me with a red @rse to go with my red face. Now were's my receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

PIcked up these Crivit "Sports Underpants" today in Lidl.

Is it only me or have they got the men's and ladies pictures mixed up?...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Is it only me or have they got the men's and ladies pictures mixed up?...

No they're made in Thailand :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bigus wrote: »
    No they're made in Thailand :eek:

I giggled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

haha, sorry for going off-topic, but these last few posts were funny, lol. Having said that, when I started cycling I did the same thing, but it was because I am well endowed, and the underpants would keep my junk in place, of course that was in a warmer climate, in Ireland we are all on 6 inches 'cos of the cold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

furiousox wrote: »

Is it just me or is all the kit still really expensive? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

For a reasonable value / quality mix from Wiggle go for their own DHB brand, unless you're willing to pay for a logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Isn't Rapha to sponsor Sky next year.Prices should be fairly steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

smacl wrote: »
    For a reasonable value / quality mix from Wiggle go for their own DHB brand, unless you're willing to pay for a logo.

Oh I know that :)

I think I am just used to looking at the heavily discounted 2011 team jerseys/kit rather than the 2012 versions :o

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

dvntie wrote: »
    BMC are flogging off their 2012 shop kit $25 plus postage for bibs and jersey
    Be handy for a group order to spread the postage cost.
    http://shop.bmcracingteam.com/index.php/cycling-apparel.html

Did anyone go ahead with an order from these guys, i received a confirmation email but it seems to lack any real detail. As in "thanks for your order regards"
    Just wondering if its legit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got the same email and the money was taken from my account. No order number, shipping estimates, or anything. You'd get more information from a dodgy eBay listing. Don't even know if it's coming from Switzerland or the US :o
    Dear customer,

thank you for your purchase!

If you have any questions contact us by e-mail: customerservice@bmcracingteam.com .

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Some may find these useful in the cold weather.

Don't have one so cannot comment on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Rosebikes have for their product of the day a charger for various things that runs from a dynamo. €78 from €118. Link

Might be useful to somebody who tours or commutes alot.
    For all those, who would like to use their mobile phones, GPS receivers, MP3
    players and other electronic devices while cycling. And for those who do not
    have a stationary charger available. This is a mobile "E-Werk" for bikers. It is
    a compact device, which can be connected to the hub dynamo. The current
    generated by the rider’s performance is than no longer used only for the
    lighting sys-tem, but can be used by the E-Werk alternatively. The energy is
    released via two included connection cables. You can attach the plugs you need
    at them. Alternatively, you can use the included USB cable as a standard
    connection for various products. There is a pin at the underside of the device,
    with two turning knobs for adjusting voltage (2.8 up to 13.3 V) and strength of
    current (0.1 up to 1.5 A) fast and for all common usages. The E-Werk performs up
    to 16 W and has amazing no-load losses of only 0.03 W at 30 km/h! Even at a
    speed of 15 km/h, the E-Werk loads as fast as a standard net charger.
    ·
    weight: approx. 53 g
    · incl. mounting material, connection cable for hub
    dynamo, cable with USB plug, cable with mini USB plug, cable with micro USB
    plug, 2 free cables for device-specific plugs, 1 plug for Shimano hub dynamo, 2
    flat-pin plugs with shrink hose for SON hub dynamo

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

I got the same email and the money was taken from my account. No order number, shipping estimates, or anything. You'd get more information from a dodgy eBay listing. Don't even know if it's coming from Switzerland or the US :o

EHHH confidence restored NOT

"The company doesnt send out the numbers

Shipping takes between 1 week and 10 days

Thanks for your order

Els"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Fathead wrote: »
    EHHH confidence restored NOT

"The company doesnt send out the numbers

Shipping takes between 1 week and 10 days

Thanks for your order

Els"

Similar here.

Will wait until the end of the week before worrying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

dfdream wrote: »
    Ive used several of these base layers and find them very good..

Work well in hot and cold and very comfortable.

£11.98 delivered.

http://tinyurl.com/cvdtdud
    Anybody else order these? How long did they take?

Ordered mine 12th November, still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

joker77 wrote: »

I ordered one, it took about 10 working days to arrive. There was a free keyring/trinket thing with it from the Korean tourist board.
    A great bunch of lads, the Koreans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

joker77 wrote: »

Ordered 5th November and no sign yet!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Chain reaction are supposed to be doing some good deals this December. Keep resisting the urge to go through with pointless orders I don't actually need.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

g0g wrote: »
    Ordered 5th November and no sign yet!:(

I had no problems with my order, got mine delivered within 5 days. Maybe drop them an email if you can to see what the delay is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Finally arrived at home, complete with toy!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Not technically a cycle discount but some of you may be getting a bike under the tree this year. So if you want a good deal on a tree, Ikea are selling them for €30 and you get a voucher for €20, so thats's really only 10 blips for a chrimbo tree... how bad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

stevieob wrote: »
    Not technically a cycle discount but some of you may be getting a bike under the tree this year. So if you want a good deal on a tree, Ikea are selling them for €30 and you get a voucher for €20, so thats's really only 10 blips for a chrimbo tree... how bad!!!!

think i'll stick with my tree cut a few miles up the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

think i'll stick with my tree cut a few miles up the road

suppose you can't get better than a freebie.... just don't let the farmer catch you with a saw in one hand and his tree in the other!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement