Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

That's still coming up as €65 for me, even when signed in.

Me too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Razleavy wrote: »
    Did you sign up for a Rose Loyalty card? The sale items at the moment can only be seen by VIPs, but others will be able to see it in the coming days.

spot on, shows up as 47 for me and i have a Rose loyalty card

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Razleavy wrote: »
    Did you sign up for a Rose Loyalty card? The sale items at the moment can only be seen by VIPs, but others will be able to see it in the coming days.

How do you sign up to it? I dont see it on the site

godtabh wrote: »
    How do you sign up to it? I dont see it on the site

think it is under services, rose card. as i;ve got one already i'm not sure if thats the procedure for a new one, but that's where the link is for me

edit: see this link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80023538

mossym wrote: »
    think it is under services, rose card. as i;ve got one already i'm not sure if thats the procedure for a new one, but that's where the link is for me

Found it. cheers

Once requested does it take long to get the discounts?

• Advertisement

Found it. cheers

Once requested does it take long to get the discounts?

not sure. i only ordered my rose card last month, but that was in the process of buying a new bike, which has been delivered, as has my rose card. order it today, worst that happens is that you have to wait till tomorrow when the sales price opens up to everyone. don't forget, this is only a presale for members, everyone will get these prices from tomorrow

the rose card is well worth getting though. you get points back to use for purchases. for example, after buying a bike and pedals(admittedly not a cheap bike), i now have roughly 60 euros of credit i can spend.

I'm looking to buy a bike soon. I have a Canyon picked out just need the funds but if something similar came up on Rose and got a good price I'd go for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I'm looking to buy a bike soon. I have a Canyon picked out just need the funds but if something similar came up on Rose and got a good price I'd go for that

I was going to go with Canyon too, but the Rose bikes are hard to beat so I'll be buying one as soon as I've saved the cash. There's not much difference, but the Rose has internal cabling and is more customizable on their site.

i had canyon as my main target as well, but picked up a rose crs 3100, full carbon, Di2 shifting, mavic kysrium elite wheels, 2012 model .
    http://www.roseversand.com/article/rose-xeon-crs-3100-double/aid:557089

came in at far less than canyon are looking for simialr spec. got delivered this week, not been out on it yet due to the weather, but it's a beautiful machine. i have pictures splashed all over the cycling forum here..:)

i had canyon as my main target as well, but picked up a rose crs 3100, full carbon, Di2 shifting, mavic kysrium elite wheels, 2012 model .
    http://www.roseversand.com/article/rose-xeon-crs-3100-double/aid:557089

came in at far less than canyon are looking for simialr spec. got delivered this week, not been out on it yet due to the weather, but it's a beautiful machine. i have pictures splashed all over the cycling forum here..:)

Must be nice to have a budget like that!

I'm looking for a min 105 groupset with aluminum frame/carbon fork and decent wheels. The canyon roadlite fits that bill. Havent seen one yet on Rose that I would go for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Must be nice to have a budget like that!

I'm looking for a min 105 groupset with aluminum frame/carbon fork and decent wheels. The canyon roadlite fits that bill. Havent seen one yet on Rose that I would go for

Rose had a €999 bike very similar to the roadlite last year but with the option of some customisation, I think they're lowest priced bike is a bit higher this year though so the roadlite wins out at that price point

MediaMan wrote: »
    Wow, they've got the Philips LED light going for €47. See http://www.roseversand.com/article/philips-led-bike-light-set. I paid more than twice that a year ago. Great light.

That is a serious bargain alright, an absolute top light by all accounts. I only bought the lezyne bargain alert a couple of weeks ago but this is very tempting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

I got the ROSE Pro 2000 (full 105) in December last year for €899. I was close to going with the Canyon equivalent (Roadlite AL 6.0) but a few factors drew me to the ROSE. Not as common and I wasnt a fan of the yellow graphics on Canyone, oversized headtube, internal cabling and the smooth joins on the frame. But the fact I could customize and get a double crank sealed the deal.

Upgraded the tyres to GP4000S and a carbon seat post, including postage it was €960.

They sold out in the last couple of weeks but there is another model (with DT Swiss wheels) for a bit extra.

Rose Pro 2000
    http://www.roseversand.com/products/bikes/discontinued-models/rose-pro-2012/

Rose Pro sl 2000
    http://www.roseversand.com/article/rose-pro-sl-2000-compact-532243/aid:532302

and you can chose either the 2000 or 2200. The 2200 is SRAM equipped.

Thats a cracking deal for €960

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

How about an all carbon Rose with 105? On offer at €1,317: link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

route66 wrote: »

That is phenomenal value for money! Carbon frame, internal cables, BB30 and FSA K-force/slk finishing kit....wish I'd known about these when I was buying my first bike last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

route66 wrote: »

Its a great price but its been around that price for some time now (3months or more).Make you wonder how come they are not all snapped up.

codie wrote: »
    Its a great price but its been around that price for some time now (3months or more).Make you wonder how come they are not all snapped up.

not that well known. Canyon have 2011 and older bikes on their site, doens't mean there's anything wrong with them, people just opting for the newer models over an older one.

there's a few on here now with rose bikes, probably not as many as canyon, but not seen anything bad about them here or on any other sites

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

not that well known. Canyon have 2011 and older bikes on their site, doens't mean there's anything wrong with them, people just opting for the newer models over an older one.

there's a few on here now with rose bikes, probably not as many as canyon, but not seen anything bad about them here or on any other sites

They are well known enough as they were responsible for RED BULL bikes
    I wasn't implying or suggesting in any way that there was something wrong with them.I have been buying gear from them for over 2 years now.They are excellent. We are just a drop in the ocean compared to what they must sell in Germany and England etc.I almost bought one myself before xmas but a good second hand turned up .But next bike I buy will be a Rose.

codie wrote: »
    I wasn't implying or suggesting in any way that there was something wrong with them..

don't worry, never took it you were. was trying to be quite objective in my post above. i actually reckon it's harder in some cases for online retailers to get rid of old stock, than it is for shops

• Advertisement

Wiggle have 2 for 1 on boxes of high5 energy gel, ie 40 gels for €21. Got this last time and it lasted for ages, but won't if you use 3 per hour as they suggest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

marketty wrote: »
    Wiggle have 2 for 1 on boxes of high5 energy gel, ie 40 gels for €21. Got this last time and it lasted for ages, but won't if you use 3 per hour as they suggest!!

cheers, good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

CRC have a few more bikes up in their sale now, best road bargain I spotted was a 2012 Corratec Nutrixion - full Ultegra, DT Swiss hoops for €1170 down from €1844. A few good looking offers for MTBs too.

Just saw the 2012 Corratec Nutrixion. Very interested in it. Any good?

Just saw the 2012 Corratec Nutrixion. Very interested in it. Any good?

Not sure, I can't find much on the web. I suspect it's a team branded special of their Corones Ultegra SL but can't be certain. Most links lead back to the CRC offer.:confused:

Mcofferon wrote: »
    Not sure, I can't find much on the web. I suspect it's a team branded special of their Corones Ultegra SL but can't be certain. Most links lead back to the CRC offer.:confused:

Same experience as me

I tried the correct spelling - nutrixxion - and got slightly further like

http://ukroadbike.blogspot.ie/2013/01/corratec-nutrixxion-road-bike-team.html

But still not much, not real independent reviews. It's not the team replica CCT, that would have been an offer too good to refuse.

If you're really interested give them a call, they might be able to give you more details or you could of course head up to showrooms if they can show you the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

If you are very quick...........you can pick up an Orion with 105 in Medium on the Ridley outlet site for a grand...............stupid cheap at that price !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Mavic 2010 Ksyrium Elite Wheels, £299.99 a Pair, seems like a good price Merlin Cycles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Does that have caffeine in it? the high 5 gel in Wiggle?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement