Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Some great bargains to be had on Storck frames from hibike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

buy 1 get 1 half price on everything at H&B

this is good value, protein flapjack, tastes good too

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=2142&prodid=4826

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CSS are doing their twice-yearly deal on Aksuim wheelsets;

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp

€180 delivered for a pair of 2013 Aksium's with tyres. Same wheelset is €240 on CRC

Great price for anyone looking for upgrade/training wheels and from an LBS too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Could'nt see this posted
    www.evanscycles.com have a £5 off a £20 order if you give them an email address. Sign up to the EvansClub on right of home page

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

snubbleste wrote: »
    Could'nt see this posted
    www.evanscycles.com have a £5 off a £20 order if you give them an email address. Sign up to the EvansClub on right of home page

Indeed that's been there for as far as I can remember. But it's even better than that. At least until last time I tried, you could get the £5 off indefinitely: just unsubscribe and subscribe again (might take some hours or a day), and you'll get a new voucher -- you don't have to give a different email address. Since the minimum is very low, it makes for very nice discounts for small orders.

• Advertisement

Of course I'd never be that blatant.. notice my use of 'an email address' rather than 'your email address' :cool:

It's definitely a bargain as Evans price match its competitors

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

snubbleste wrote: »
    Of course I'd never be that blatant.. notice my use of 'an email address' rather than 'your email address' :cool:

Well, since it's been like that for such a time, I don't think that's an involuntary oversight, so I don't see why we should keep it secret? Also, don't they need a valid address to send the voucher code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

seamus wrote: »
    CSS are doing their twice-yearly deal on Aksuim wheelsets;

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/deal.asp

€180 delivered for a pair of 2013 Aksium's with tyres. Same wheelset is €240 on CRC

Great price for anyone looking for upgrade/training wheels and from an LBS too :)

Are those tires any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doesn't look like you can "officially" buy them anywhere, though some shops separate them from the wheels and sell separately. Reveiws seem to say that they're middle of the road - decent all-rounders.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got a 15% off code from probikekit if any1 looking for it has to be used before the 10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Anyone got any CRC codes please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Lidl have bike stuff from next Monday. Work stand for 30€ amongst the usual others.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lidl have bike stuff from next Monday. Work stand for 30€ amongst the usual others.

You sure its on their site? I dont see a bike stand on this page

godtabh wrote: »
    You sure its on their site? I dont see a bike stand on this page

Ah feck, turns out I was being redirected to the NI site who have identical offers except we don't get the bike stand :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

wouldnt have minded a €30 workstand!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 micko2009

Pass it on if you know anyone who is looking to get into MTBing. 50% off a 2012 BH Peak today

http://www.fitzcycles.ie/p/1402/2012-bh-peak-69-hardtail-mtb#buy-tab-tab

Think I'll just make one tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Got a 15% "Come Back to Us" mail from PBK a few days ago and a "Save Up to 25" today from them, I wonder if I can use both together hmmmm. Just tempting to buy more crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Got a 15% "Come Back to Us" mail from PBK a few days ago and a "Save Up to 25" today from them, I wonder if I can use both together hmmmm. Just tempting to buy more crap.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

68 Euro for a SRAM Apex chainset and GXP Bottom Bracket:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/road-parts/transmission/chainsets-road/sram-apex-chainset-white-gxp-bottom-bracket.html

11 Euro postage but free for orders over 100 (UK pounds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Jazzmaster

There are a couple of work stands for €40 in Aldi Kilkenny for the last while. They seem to be old stock that didn't move from their last cycle gear sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

Here is a good deal if anyone is looking for a training bike for the winter, has a full Tiagra groupset .

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/43867/Viking-Circuit-Tiagra-Road-Bike---Road-Bike-Sale.html

Just needs a decent set of wheels. Only in size 59.

All for 491 euro plus about 45 euro for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Radial

Jedi have Cosmic Carbone SL's 2013 for 723 inc shipping.

Best price by a long way I could find.

http://jedi-sports.de/Wheelsets/Wheelsets-Road/Mavic-Cosmic-Carbone-SL-2013::2519.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Looks like Strava are giving out ONE month freebies to the Premium service again - there's now Start Free Trial link beside your username in the top right of your user page. They do want your CC details though and will charge you from a month after you sign up, if you don't cancel in time. (maybe its always been there...?)

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Looks like Strava are giving out ONE month freebies to the Premium service again - there's now Start Free Trial link beside your username in the top right of your user page. They do want your CC details though and will charge you from a month after you sign up, if you don't cancel in time. (maybe its always been there...?)

I think it has always been there. I signed up a month ago. Cancelled the day before it was due to end and still got charged. They did refund me but a bit if hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

Not there for me. Mustn't be trying hard enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 micko2009

A couple of Twin Six "Good Luck" T-Shirts going cheap. Paddy's Day offer http://www.fitzcycles.ie/p/1430/twin-six-good-luck-t-shirt#description-tab-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Cheapest pair of SPD shoes ever!? € 22.99 delivered as their delivery is 99c at the moment. Lots of sizes available. There are other good deals on their cycling stuff at the moment. No idea on quality although I guess you get what you pay for!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Wiggle have a good offer end today

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Cheapest pair of SPD shoes ever!? € 22.99 delivered as their delivery is 99c at the moment. Lots of sizes available. There are other good deals on their cycling stuff at the moment. No idea on quality although I guess you get what you pay for!
    :confused:
    Are these not cheaper @ €17 + €1 delivery http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-mbs100-mens-cycling-shoes-149024

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement