Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

still waiting for my set to arrive. Thought it would have been last week but no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

On the topic of Gloves.. Prendas have some Santini summer gloves on sale for £7.50 - £9.95
    Only seem to be big and small left.. I got 2 pairs of the 3XL a few months ago (they're not as big as they sound).
    Best quaility gloves I've bought.

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=6&ID=3255
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?typ=typ&fkid=6&ID=3006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

You know what they say. Big hands....big gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

seamus wrote: »
    Haven't arrived yet. Expecting them this week, I'll let you know. Yeah, not convinced by the RRP myself, but €42 for 3 pairs of gloves and a pair of overshoes is good value. Assuming they're not made of cardboard.
    So they arrived five minutes ago.

Very pleased on initial inspection. Perfect fit, very snug. The autumn and winter gloves both have nice long cuffs, which I've often found is an issue with winter gloves. The flanders (spring/autumn) gloves are real in-betweeny gloves, they'd be perfect on days like today, but would have been a little too cold last week.

There's substantial padding on the summer gloves, which is always a plus in my book. The overshoes are, well overshoes. I'd probably stick with the Altura neoprene ones on stupidly cold/wet days, but these ones seem very snug.

The quality of production on them all seems very good, they don't look cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Got a £10 CRC Voucher up for grabs.
    Minimum spend is £75

Code is:8BWUZR9V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Have one too. Drop me a pm if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Santini summer gloves on sale

d17ed4_3723501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

PM's sent - looking at a Tacx Blue Motion as present for myself for my 40th:D

Anyone any thoughts on them?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=86561

Thanks, Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

3102derek wrote: »
    Have one too. Drop me a pm if you want it

code is sent to Paddydriver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I got a delivery yesterday from 4thbk.de, another German site, prompt delivery, great prices, you'll need to use google translate though...just putting it out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Very pleased on initial inspection. Perfect fit, very snug. The autumn and winter gloves both have nice long cuffs, which I've often found is an issue with winter gloves. The flanders (spring/autumn) gloves are real in-betweeny gloves, they'd be perfect on days like today, but would have been a little too cold last week.

There's substantial padding on the summer gloves, which is always a plus in my book. The overshoes are, well overshoes. I'd probably stick with the Altura neoprene ones on stupidly cold/wet days, but these ones seem very snug.

Damn you Seamus!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

I got a pair of the autumn / winter ones last week, they're nice enough. Perfect when it was chilly last week, maybe a bit too warm today as I find them relatively sweaty for a non-waterproof glove. Nice long cuff like Seamus said, and padding / seams generally seem to be in the right place (there is a slightly annoying seam across the palm of one of mine but not the other, so i think it's just a dodgy one).

Just a word on the sizing - they seem to run short-ish on the finger length. I tried on lots of different styles (at the factory last week) - ended up with an L in these, and XL in another model (which in hindsight is too short on the thumb) but an M in the mitts.

I do have skinny hands with longish fingers so it's probably just me being a freak, but I'd suggest that if you do have long fingers maybe go up a size from the one suggested on the size chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Merlin Cycles are selling an Ultegra 6700 groupset plus a pair of Shimano RS80 C50 wheels, for around €1,180, with free shipping to Ireland too I think. The offer is available for one week apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

PM's sent - looking at a Tacx Blue Motion as present for myself for my 40th:D

Anyone any thoughts on them?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=86561

Thanks, Paddy

Hi Paddy,

I use this one:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=86562

Find it excellent. Quiet enough considering the noise I've heard coming off some other ones friends have. Good resistance levels pretty solid and sturdy. I also like the click lock mechanism. Pretty much get the setup right the first time and no need to adjust again.

Thanks iregk,

Mechanism is same on the motion so glad it works well for you. Going for the motion just down to to the differing brake system as the satori; but not as expensive!

Still waiting to pull the trigger on it though...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

any offers on bib tights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    any offers on bib tights?

I recently got a pair of oneten bibs from chain reaction that are brilliant for sixty euro or so. Would provide link, but I'm on my phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've a £10 voucher for CRC on purchases over £75. Must be used in the next few days. PM for code.

Edit: Sent to djfattony2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

630 euros (10% discount applied in basket) for 2013 fulcrum racing 1 wheelset

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/road-wheels/factory-road-wheels/fulcrum-racing-1-wheels-2013.html

• Advertisement

630 euros (10% discount applied in basket) for 2013 fulcrum racing 1 wheelset

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/road-wheels/factory-road-wheels/fulcrum-racing-1-wheels-2013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Tacx blue motion trainer 54% off UK only. About 130 euro.

Also on a side note, can this thread be stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Craig06 wrote: »

There's a link in the Charter & Frequently Asked Questions Sticky so I doubt a separate sticky would be created.

Never even saw that thanks

Tacx blue motion trainer 54% off UK only. About 130 euro.

UK is a big place.. and the Internet even bigger! Can you get us a link:confused:

Just got the Matic from CRC today but hasn't shipped yet:cool:

Google ain't helping me either...:eek:

you need to set location to UK to see the lower price, and Im guessing that you would need to use something like parcel motel to have it delivered.

Thanks Craig06/Lennymc, ordered using my parcel motel and paypal. Much appreciate you posting..;)

Cannot cancel my CRC order online but will call early in the morning as it has not shipped yet.

Used parcel motel a few times now and all good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Thanks Craig06/Lennymc, ordered using my parcel motel and paypal. Much appreciate you posting..;)

Cannot cancel my CRC order online but will call early in the morning as it has not shipped yet.

Used parcel motel a few times now and all good so far.

+1 - Indebted to you Craig06. :)

• Advertisement

CRC were very helpful when I called earlier. Guy just said refuse delivery of the package and it goes back to them FOC.

They are seriously efficient; I ordered it yesterday mid afternoon and it was in couriers Belfast depot by 9PM last night.

Put the wife on watch to make sure she sends driver on his way:D

Thanks again for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement