Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

CramCycle wrote: »
    Make the offer in thread to save any confusion thanks,

CramCycle

Yeah, fair point, will do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

J o e wrote: »
    There was one Medium left in the Galway store, unless more in stock. I assume the prices are the same nationwide.
    no halfords in Athlone, Galway was my other option :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

The Bike Repair iOS app is free for today. I've no idea whether it's any good or not but it might be of interest to someone.

http://www.bikerepairapp.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/bike-repair/id382006079?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Got it ages back when it was free. It's actually pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

The Bike Repair iOS app is free for today. I've no idea whether it's any good or not but it might be of interest to someone.

http://www.bikerepairapp.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/bike-repair/id382006079?mt=8

It's actually pretty good, lots of features incl a handy price comparison built in across all the major sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

How do you get it free,comes up €2.26 on my android

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

codie wrote: »
    How do you get it free,comes up €2.26 on my android

I think it's free on iTunes not Google Play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Anti-bargain alert. I got the email from cyclesuperstore that they stock now Veloflex tyres but the prices are ridiculous! Close to double price than what you can get them. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Giro sale in CRC.
    Up to 40% off Italian brands.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Offers.aspx?Offer=2&SortBy=SalesRank

EDIT: Move fast before bcmf snaps up all the campag.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

furiousox wrote: »
    Giro sale in CRC.
    Up to 40% off Italian brands.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Offers.aspx?Offer=2&SortBy=SalesRank

EDIT: Move fast before bcmf snaps up all the campag.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51112

Vision Trimax 10sp Carbon BB30 Double Crankset

From €162.94

RRP €812.82 Save 80% or 200 euro if you want 172.5 cranks :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Halfords UK have a sale on Boarman Alloy bikes for the May bank holiday. Savings between 10 - 24%

See http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/branddisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165684_langId_-1_MFName_Boardman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Mcofferon wrote: »
    Halfords UK have a sale on Boarman Alloy bikes for the May bank holiday. Savings between 10 - 24%

See http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/branddisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165684_langId_-1_MFName_Boardman

Seems to be the same in Ireland: link

This deserves a separate post:

Halfords Carrera Virago Carbon Road Bike (105): Normal price €1250 (& haven't seen it discounted before)
    10% discount - price now: €1,124.99
    15% discount with AXA card: €956.25

Seriously good value for money at this price. And it's not a BSO: some decent reviews here, here & here

I don't think you'll find a 105-equipped Carbon bike for less than €1K anywhere else - even online.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

Mcofferon wrote: »

Sorry I did actually mean Boardman ... I'm not that much of a wit!

route66 wrote: »
    This deserves a separate post:

Halfords Carrera Virago Carbon Road Bike (105): Normal price €1250 (& haven't seen it discounted before)
    10% discount - price now: €1,124.99
    15% discount with AXA card: €956.25

Seriously good value for money at this price. And it's not a BSO: some decent reviews here, here & here

I don't think you'll find a 105-equipped Carbon bike for less than €1K anywhere else - even online.

Boardman Road Team Carbon Limited Edition: €1250, minus 15% (€187.50) = €1062.50.

Just over a hundred quid more, but I'd gladly pay the difference.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Boardman Road Team Carbon Limited Edition: €1250, minus 15% (€187.50) = €1062.50.

Just over a hundred quid more, but I'd gladly pay the difference.

The limited edition bit means it only has a 105 rd and is a half kilo heavier than the regular bike. Boardman are good but that Carerra offers better value - and it's also a nice bike.

the boardman frame is lighter, stiffer, more responsive and looks better. besides the frame the specs are similar and the boardman is lighter, I'd rather pay the difference.

Anyone got a wiggle or CRC promo/discount code they aren't going to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Will PM you now.

[edit] Sorry, thin it might be out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'll be picking up a wiggle delivery from Parcel Motel this evening... can pm a code if one comes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

25 % off alot of Halfords online gear at the moment.
    The shorts come out at about a tenner, anyone try them?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

12-extra should give 12% extra discount (even on pricedrop items)

jdt101 wrote: »
    12-extra should give 12% extra discount (even on pricedrop items)

min spend of €183, just a wee bit more than I'll be spending on new chain, cassette, cables and stuff though!

Cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

Zyzz wrote: »
    Oh it's not your ad? :pac:

Although I admire you outstanding detective skills, it's not. Not sure why I wouldn't say so otherwise, I don't think that would be against any rule would it? Not to mention that it would be stupid of me to try and convince you to haggle the lowest possible price for it!

Besides which, if I had a bike to sell, I would try to sell it directly here rather than on adverts.ie

Anyway, I was just trying to be helpful, if the mods see any problem with my post, please remove it and my apologies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

enas wrote: »
    Although I admire you outstanding detective skills, it's not. Not sure why I wouldn't say so otherwise, I don't think that would be against any rule would it?

MOD VOICE: It would be against the forum rules, and while it is not yours, I am taking it down as there could be some confusion over what is acceptable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

At CRC, this High5 pack is £7.49 to the UK, yet when I change the destination to Ireland it is £9.21
    Are sports nutrition products exempt from UK vat but subject to Irish vat? Something else going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

the boardman frame is lighter, stiffer, more responsive and looks better. besides the frame the specs are similar and the boardman is lighter, I'd rather pay the difference.

i think for an entry level carbon bike if its someones first, theyre not going to notice this. ive ridden carbon frames everything from chinarellos to colnago c59's and to be honest the only difference ive ever found is slight extra comfort when a good brand makes a slightly heavier frame as colnago do. what i feel between dogma and chinarello: NULL. but maybe thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Garmin Edge 500 performance bundle (incl. heart rate & speed/cadence) currently £153 on Amazon. It's listed at £149.99, but for some reason the final cost goes to £153 when ordered. Still the cheapest I have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Zen0 wrote: »
    Garmin Edge 500 performance bundle (incl. heart rate & speed/cadence) currently £153 on Amazon. It's listed at £149.99, but for some reason the final cost goes to £153 when ordered. Still the cheapest I have seen it.

I know VAT difference is a factor in prices on Amazon jumping when you get to checkout as they have to change to the Irish rate once you tell them it is being delivered here, and I think the amount of the jump there is about right to fall under that. As you say though, still a fantastic price - Damn you and your temptationy ways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

cython wrote: »
    I know VAT difference is a factor in prices on Amazon jumping when you get to checkout as they have to change to the Irish rate once you tell them it is being delivered here, and I think the amount of the jump there is about right to fall under that. As you say though, still a fantastic price - Damn you and your temptationy ways!

yes, i'm pretty sure it's the VAT rate that makes the difference. If you use parcel motel, and select the Northern Ireland address you won't be hit for the extra VAT.

Been searching around for the best price on these for a while. I prefer the look of the black and red one but for €40 less, I think I'll go with this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement