Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭billyhead

colm_gti wrote: »
    Dammit, hand slipped!

Looks ike a good deal. Are you going to use parcel motel for the order and if so have you ever used it before and is it reliable? It looks like to only shoes in my size at this proce are in red:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Parcel motel is super reliable. Used multiple times already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm18 wrote: »
    +1
    don't you have fancy mouldable shoes?!

Yeah but they haven't proven to be very weather proof, leather is cracking in places, though they'll do perfectly as winter training shoes, they're super comfortable!
    billyhead wrote: »
    Looks ike a good deal. Are you going to use parcel motel for the order and if so have you ever used it before and is it reliable? It looks like to only shoes in my size at this proce are in red:(

I've used parcel motel numerous times in the past, from things as small as batteries to a whole frameset, very very reliable....though I got free shipping from planet-x to my house so went with that option. I was going to get the red ones, they'd match my club kit, but vanity got the better of me and I stretched the extra €50 for white ones to match my helmet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

... I stretched the extra €50 for white ones to match my helmet :rolleyes:

sick man :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

colm18 wrote: »
    sick man :p

Haha, purple was almost the choice of colour for our club helmets....think about it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Odered one of these...seems like a good price

Pearl Izumi Elite Barrier Jacket for €45

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pearl-izumi/elite-barrier-jacket-ec027175

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Very tempted by the red pair!
    Anyone have any experience on sizing with them have a pair of Pearl Izumi size 44 that fit me like a glove and are very comfortable, a pair of Specialized size 43 that are a good fit but not as comfortable and wear 42-43 in normal shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

Yeah but they haven't proven to be very weather proof, leather is cracking in places, though they'll do perfectly as winter training shoes, they're super comfortable!

I've used parcel motel numerous times in the past, from things as small as batteries to a whole frameset, very very reliable....though I got free shipping from planet-x to my house so went with that option. I was going to get the red ones, they'd match my club kit, but vanity got the better of me and I stretched the extra €50 for white ones to match my helmet :rolleyes:

Interested to see how you get on with the R3 - recently purchased, 50km on them and yet to figure out how I am going to make them comfortable. Orthotics do not go well in them.

They look great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Lemag wrote: »
    If you have them shipped within the UK you'll be charged £59.99 (~€70) and P&P will be free. For an additional €3.50 use Parcel Motel then to have it sent on to your nearest PM collection point within the R.O.I.

Also, I think it's still the case that when you register for Parcel Motel you get your first two uses for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Gasco wrote: »
    They look great though.

Sure that's all that matters isn't it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭billyhead

Gasco wrote: »
    Interested to see how you get on with the R3 - recently purchased, 50km on them and yet to figure out how I am going to make them comfortable. Orthotics do not go well in them.

They look great though.

Dont think i will part with the cash myself for this reason. Would really need to try them on first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Crap, was all set to pull the trigger on a pair of the Fizik's but their only that price in red. Anyone know of other sites with the white one at similar price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Lemag wrote: »
    If you have them shipped within the UK you'll be charged £59.99 (~€70) and P&P will be free. For an additional €3.50 use Parcel Motel then to have it sent on to your nearest PM collection point within the R.O.I.

PX are doing free shipping to Ireland on orders over £60 so throw in a tube (eg Vittoria Ultralite a bargain at £1.99!) and save the Parcel Motel fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

PX are doing free shipping to Ireland on orders over £60 so throw in a tube (eg Vittoria Ultralite a bargain at £1.99!) and save the Parcel Motel fee.
    Aw crap! If only I'd known.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

penguin88 wrote: »
    Also, I think it's still the case that when you register for Parcel Motel you get your first two uses for free.

Offer ended July 22nd. Now they send you a free gift!

... which is utterly useless but quite amusing BTW ;-)

(they still give you 3.50, which is one use free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Stena Line offer if booked before August 22 (your "adventure" needs to be taken before September 30) means you can bring your bike to Wales for free as a bike foot passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think my wife will actually die laughing if she ever realises that I have said the next sentence...

The red shoes don't go with any of my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

alkos wrote: »
    ... which is utterly useless but quite amusing BTW ;-)

(they still give you 3.50, which is one use free)

I think that €3.50 is taken from your account again to send you the free gift! I only emailed them about it yesterday and got the following response...

"Our offer of 2 free stays finished there on the 22nd july instead we are sending our customers a free gift , in order to send this gift to you motel we place 3.50 on the account purely to check it in , its not free credit "

Rrright.

I've just noticed 3.50 when setting up the account for my missus, didn't check later. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

seamus wrote: »
    I think my wife will actually die laughing if she ever realises that I have said the next sentence...

The red shoes don't go with any of my stuff.

As I am sure your wife will tell you that is no reason not to buy the red shoes you just need a new bike and stuff to go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Gasco

billyhead wrote: »
    Dont think i will part with the cash myself for this reason. Would really need to try them on first

Agree usually - it was an impulse buy - they fit a bit large, I am usually a 44 in adidas / brooks runners and in Spesh and Mavic shoes, but heard about the large fit of the R3 and got the 43.5, even at that the toe box is very roomy.

The arch is very high, so I think I will give them a blast without the orthotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I bought myself a pair despite only having bought my last pair of shoes in November and having a brand new pair of Diadora Carbon Speedracers 2 sat in the wardrobe. Thought it was too good a bargain. Now I need to buy some kit and a bike to match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

Hapes of jerseys and bib-shorts in the Cork TK Maxx today - I got an aero-cut Leopard Trek jersey (with Cancellara's name on it!) for €27. It was the only nice jersey I could see, but some of the bibs seemed to be very good quality.

Would you know what sizes bib shorts were there by any chance?
    Thanks
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

TK Maxx Blanchardstown has Craft & Briko bibs in a mix of sizes, mainly small and medium but picked up a Large pair of 3/4 length Craft shorts for just shy of 40 quid. Briko shorts are 19.95. Also have dare2b tops (l, xl) and Craft tops in medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Just said id give a heads up to people about the Wheelworx Liffey Valley sale

It finishes tomorrow I think but they have some great deals on at the moment e.g Felt F1 rrp 11k reduced to 5k and madone 6.5 rrp 7.5k reduced to 4.5k

I have no affiliation to wheelworx I am just friends with them on facebook and have been seeing these deals on my feed and said id share for anyone in tye market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

RoverZT wrote: »
    Is this a bargain?

20ijsjb.jpg

Being slowly building up my fitness on my mountain bike since April and feel I deserve a road bike or at least something better on the roads than current my bike.

Have been doing 15km cycles every second day and a big 40 - 50km cycle at the weekends.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_810707_langId_-
    1_categoryId_212536

What you think?

Money is tight enough, could probably go to 500 euro if needs be.

Cheers for pointing this one out. I bought one today for €280.

I reckon it'll be a decent commuter bike, and it's a lot of bike for the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

AltAccount wrote: »
    Cheers for pointing this one out. I bought one today for €280.

I reckon it'll be a decent commuter bike, and it's a lot of bike for the money!!

My mate got his bike nicked, going to show this to him now as this should fill the gap nicely before he can afford to buy something a little less heavy.

There is a discount code to get an extra 10% off your basket at http://www.swimcyclerun.com : basket10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Woody_FX wrote: »
    My mate got his bike nicked, going to show this to him now as this should fill the gap nicely before he can afford to buy something a little less heavy.

Give him this too
    http://www.groupscheme.com/ie/vouchers/voucher-halfords.php?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

AltAccount wrote: »

Thanks Alt thats really sound :) Sent it to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement