Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

They were €312 until Saturday or so, I think they're €375 or so now. Tell him to get in there early tomorrow and brace himself for a negotiation if he wants to get them to honour the lower price.

I'm sure it's possible, but the kneejerk reaction of the jobsworth employee won't make it easy on him... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Does the halfords voucher work on all their stock not just bike stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I think so. Just bear in mind that buying from Halfords is a deal with the devil. You can get a good price, but the service is appalling.

I've just been let down by them for the umpteenth time. They're a shambles.

Buy the bike but be prepared to do the setup yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

AltAccount wrote: »
    I think so. Just bear in mind that buying from Halfords is a deal with the devil. You can get a good price, but the service is appalling.

I've just been let down by them for the umpteenth time. They're a shambles.

Buy the bike but be prepared to do the setup yourself.

They're more harmful to themselves most of the time. One of the lads was telling me that he went in and saw the Boardman Road Team Carbon priced at €999. The staff had mixed up the prices between it and the Fi Road Comp bike. He payed €999 for it and the staff didn't realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Problem with Halfords is they tend to just hire sales assistants without any knowledge. It's the same with a lot of the car stuff, they don't have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Have to say thanks to Courdelion for this bargain alert-just back from my first spin in these; by far the most comfortable shoes i've worn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

colm18 wrote: »
    Have to say thanks to Courdelion for this bargain alert-just back from my first spin in these; by far the most comfortable shoes i've worn :D

Can I ask how does the sizing of them compare to other shoes?

penguin88 wrote: »
    Can I ask how does the sizing of them compare to other shoes?

My old pair are DHBs in size 44, these Fizik ones are 43s and are almost identical in size, maybe a fraction smaller..the Fiziks have high arches which felt odd for the first few minutes but i quickly forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Does anyone have a rough time on delivery for the Fizik shoes to arrive?

WilkBMC wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rough time on delivery for the Fizik shoes to arrive?

Ordered mine Thursday morning and they arrived Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

colm18 wrote: »
    Ordered mine Thursday morning and they arrived Monday.

I ordered mine Wednesday night and they turned up today - Tuesday. Sizing seems to be fairly standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Good price for a bike with 105 running gear?

Corratec Dolomiti

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Got Gabba rain jersey here: http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/castelli-gabba-rain-jersey-yellow-fluo-pm-34800.html
    for E150 including tax and postage.
    Still cheaper than CRC.
    Heard a lot of good things about this piece of kit. Saw most pro teams abandoning usual sponsored gear when the weather got crappy during Giro. Hope its worth the $$

• Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

€150 for a jersey? Seriously? Not really much good if the rest of you is soaking? I mean it looks great, and if money was not an issue I would defo think about it, but €150 is a lot of money.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    €150 for a jersey? Seriously? Not really much good if the rest of you is soaking? I mean it looks great, and if money was not an issue I would defo think about it, but €150 is a lot of money.

True, this is not cheap, but I am expecting big things from this. I have been watching this for a few months now, and looking at the reviews (there are a shed load on wiggle / bike radar ect..). So, just pulled the trigger today. I'm hoping that this will be for winter base miles, with a good base-layer (merino wool) and nano flex arm warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The video of its abilities is cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I'm hoping to buy the jacket when I get the dough together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

• Registered Users Posts: 36 twitpants

Would someone advise if the below bike is a good entry level road bike and good value for money:

http://eurocycles.com/ie/product/eurotrek/tdf-road-bike

Also, is a 56cm frame a good size for someone 5 foot 9 inches?

• Advertisement

twitpants wrote: »
    Would someone advise if the below bike is a good entry level road bike and good value for money:

http://eurocycles.com/ie/product/eurotrek/tdf-road-bike

Also, is a 56cm frame a good size for someone 5 foot 9 inches?

Might keep my wallet in my pants for this one. You can see some decent deals coming up on boards if you watch.
    As far as size, your in-between. 54-55 would be better, but depends how long your back is, and the bike top- tube of the bike you're looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'd go this route as well. (if I had the money) Castelli are leading the way out the moment, really innovative stuff. They had a one piece full lenght combo last year which got great reviews as well so I think regardless of the price the jersey will be great.

Its really just jealousy on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

im hoping to buy a towel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

Soarer wrote: »
    Good price for a bike with 105 running gear?

Corratec Dolomiti

Oh yeah. I think so. I have something like this, older version but paid a bit more than that for it. And I love it. No complaints. Don't see too many of them around though. Came across a guy riding be exact same as mine on the Meath Heritage and we passed a pleasant 5k comparing notes. Only difference I see on mine is I have Mavic Aksium wheels. But to answer your question, yes, IMO a good bike at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Just picked up a pair of SKS commuter mudguards in Halfords Blanchardstown for 15 Euros, guy on till told me of reduction when I was paying. Also had race blades as well - not sure if they're marked down as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Anybody got a discount code for wiggle?

lennymc wrote: »
    im hoping to buy a towel. :(

If you find a towel that'll fold down into something I can carry in my back pocket do pass it on. I'm prioritising gear over bike parts for next year as I never want to feel the way I did during Des Hanlon ever again. Ill happily forgo a carbon road bike for that luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

If you find a towel that'll fold down into something I can carry in my back pocket do pass it on. I'm prioritising gear over bike parts for next year as I never want to feel the way I did during Des Hanlon ever again. Ill happily forgo a carbon road bike for that luxury.

Penneys do a microfibre towel that packs down to about the same size as a packed rain cape. One lives in my commuting bag, as an emergency towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i couldnt feel anything during des hanlon! LOL

Cheers for the pennys tip dave!

• Advertisement

I'll get the gabba yet, but penny's towel can go on the list too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement