Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Moa is the name of Nalina, not sure if it Nalini changed to that or the other way around. Based on Nalini it would be decent gear.

The reason for the price difference is that Merlin are selling off the last pair they have so want rid. If they fit they do seem like a good deal - I'm saying that based on the Nalini shorts that I have rather than this clothing. But bib tights for <€40 is a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

robfahy wrote: »
    Team Argos Shimano doing an end of season clear-out. Use this code to get 60% off: ESA121413. Jersey & Bib Shorts for €42 with discount.

http://webshop.teamargosshimano.com/default.aspx
    Seems like a great price as includes delivery, but
    a) I'm not mad on the look of it
    b) Thankfully (for me!) the website keeps crashing on me and I can't order - this is not a bad thing as I don't need any more gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

dfdream wrote: »
    Im looking at a pair of winter bibs and spotted these.
    Never heard of the company.
    Anyone know if they are any good...
    For Commuting 40km return and 60-80km at weekends...

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/apparel/clothing/clothing-mens/cycling-pants-and-tights/moa-zuevka-cycling-bib-tights.html

3 times the price on Wiggle....

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/moa-zuevka-bibtights/

Go for it you couldn't argue with that price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Team Argos Shimano doing an end of season clear-out. Use this code to get 60% off: ESA121413. Jersey & Bib Shorts for €42 with discount.

ive just increased my full kit w@nker: non kit w@nker ratio :)

Thanks robfahy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

g0g wrote: »
    b) Thankfully (for me!) the website keeps crashing on me and I can't order - this is not a bad thing as I don't need any more gear!

I think its a cookie thing - happend to me on chrome when i accepted the cookie message, so opened up firefox and ordered what i wanted in one go. 42 quid including shipping for pearl izumi jersey and shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Groupset Sale now on at Cycle Superstore:

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/showsearchresults.asp?idCategory=91&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=christmas

Shimano Ultegra 6800 Compact 11-speed for €686.93

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Seems like a great price as includes delivery, but
    a) I'm not mad on the look of it
    lennymc wrote: »
    I think its a cookie thing - happend to me on chrome when i accepted the cookie message, so opened up firefox and ordered what i wanted in one go. 42 quid including shipping for pearl izumi jersey and shorts.
    I found that it crashed before and after I'd accepted cookies. I eventually got it to work when I went from the cart immediately after I'd added the kit straight to the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

Picked up the the Argos gear - not bad for €42 delivered. I needed some new shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

mossym wrote: »
    probably only had a few sets, and you can be sure every cycling forum in europe is talking about 50% discounts at rose right now. Skerry, hope your order gets fulfilled, as i do with the tyre orders some of us have placed

Wheels arrived today, look very nice. Need to pick up a cassette tomorrow now and hopefully get maiden voyage next week. €175 for wheelset and 2 x GP4000's, hard to beat.

They're the tubeless ready job but will take tubes too. Just hope they're not a nightmare to get clinchers on/ off of. Not sure I'll be taking the plunge to go tubeless just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Mine arrived as well from Rose, the cassette is missing 2 spacers and the RS 10's rear hub is damaged so will not spin freely:mad:

The Ultegra wheels are nice though on the upside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

I got my package Today too.
    I didn't receive any spacers either for the rs10's. Are you sure they're supposed to be included?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

browsing wrote: »
    I got my package Today too.
    I didn't receive any spacers either for the rs10's. Are you sure they're supposed to be included?
    It was the 105 cassette that didn't have the spacers

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Get in there, I have just bought these.....great value, cheers robfahy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

Not sure about the white Argos Shimano shorts but it would have been rude to say no at that price.

Planet-X seem to have a decent sale going all year round. Just ordered a set of lights for 30 quid. They're 55 on Chainreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

20% off some sports goods at amazon, great when you get items already posted free!

Snapped up a few Underarmour Coldgear compresion tops myself for a good price - these are the best thermals ive ever used. I already had 2 of them - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0089U8B72/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1G86188ZDWVRTGBBDR7M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=430256647&pf_rd_i=468294
    Save 20% on Selected Athletic & Outdoor Clothing with Code SPORTS20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just ordered said kit, damn this thread. Be interested to see what the quality on the chamois is, if it's the Pearl Izumi 3d pad then your bottom is on for a treat, got a pair with the same pad and they're the best shorts I've ever had. If not they'll always do as stinky turbo trainer shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

I purchased. Now to practice the line: "Ah sure, I always had white cycling gear. How'd you never notice them before!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

krissovo wrote: »
    It was the 105 cassette that didn't have the spacers

oh right. I wouldn't have thought they'd come with spacers either. I thought it'd just be the wheel if anything that would come with spacers (to fit an 8 speed block on an 8/9/10 speed hub.) hopefully the cheap rose prices make up for it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

50% sale @ Rose on selected items today only

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

50% sale @ Rose on selected items today only

Link

What is cost of delivery like from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

What is cost of delivery like from them?

Add them to your basket and you'll see. Those Ultegra 6700 pedals are half price. Don't need them but I want to buy them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

My mother picked me up a copy of Nico Roche's book in dealz Blanchardstown today for €1,49 said there were a few more copies too, if it qualifies for this thread

Ok a slightly weird one as I can't post what the price will be, but possible bargain alert for later on via the amazon.co.uk Black Friday lightening deals. Some of the below might be nice Christmas presents!

19:00 slot includes:
    GPS - Edge 800, Europe. Seems to be unit alone with base maps. Current Amazon price is £ 231 delivered.
    Book - The Pain and the Glory - normally £ 11.08
    Book - Tour Climbs (guide to every TdF climb ever) - normally £ 14.74 (hardback)
    Book - Mapping Le Tour - 100 routes etc. Normally £ 16.25 (hardback)
    There's also a L/S cycle jersey in that time slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

"Inside the peloton "by Nicholas Roche $1.49 in your local dealz.

Ok a slightly weird one as I can't post what the price will be, but possible bargain alert for later on via the amazon.co.uk Black Friday lightening deals. Some of the below might be nice Christmas presents!

GPS - Edge 800, Europe. Seems to be unit alone with base maps. Current Amazon price is £ 231 delivered.
    Book - The Pain and the Glory - normally £ 11.08
    Book - Tour Climbs (guide to every TdF climb ever) - normally £ 14.74 (hardback)
    Book - Mapping Le Tour - 100 routes etc. Normally £ 16.25 (hardback)
    There's also a L/S cycle jersey in that time slot.
    Picked up the mapping book for around a tenner. The Edge 800 units were £ 149 and gone instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Not very much here but Aldi have a couple of bits of cycling clothing in their special buys next Thursday the 21st.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-21st-november/

Although I'd like to point out that I was in Sportsworld (Heatons) Carrickmines yesterday (I assume all other Sportsworlds are doing it) and they had lots of Karrimor gear at great prices. Off top of my head All Jerseys (incl. Hi-Viz) were €18, Jackets at €24, padded cycling pants at €18, overshorts €12 and other deals.

Hope this info might be useful to some here. New daily commuters like myself.

The older cycling gear in Aldi (Usually hanging on racks) Winter cycling jackets and winter cycling tops are showing 18.99 and 12.99 but are actually now 12.99 and 6.99 (or close to that)

For daily commuting they are fairly good for those prices. You'd be pushed to get a T-shirt in pennys for those prices. The winter jacket is ideal for me as I was starting to wear a hoodie under my rain jacket. :o Pleanty of stock in the Belgard Road, Dublin branch.

The manger also told me tonight that the running gear they have is being reduced as of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

lennymc wrote: »
    ive just increased my full kit w@nker: non kit w@nker ratio :)

Thanks robfahy!!

Hello,

How do you find the sizing?

I'm 5' 7/8 and a 32/33 waist. Would Medium be OK? I can't wrap my head around their size charts :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Looks like it dropped to £150. I was out, so I missed it. I know last year a few deals resurfaced, so hopefully this comes around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Picked up the mapping book for around a tenner. The Edge 800 units were £ 149 and gone instantly!

Cheers for the heads up managed to nab one. Been tempted to upgrade to an Edge 500 for a good while at an extra £10 for the 800 it's a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Callipo wrote: »
    Hello,

How do you find the sizing?

I'm 5' 7/8 and a 32/33 waist. Would Medium be OK? I can't wrap my head around their size charts :/

I'm 5'11 and a 33/34 waist. I went for a large but I haven't received it yet, should be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement