Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Callipo wrote: »
    Hello,

How do you find the sizing?

I'm 5' 7/8 and a 32/33 waist. Would Medium be OK? I can't wrap my head around their size charts :/

I'm 5'11 and a 33/34 waist. I went for a large but I haven't received it yet, should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Callipo wrote: »
    Hello,

How do you find the sizing?

I'm 5' 7/8 and a 32/33 waist. Would Medium be OK? I can't wrap my head around their size charts :/

I'm 5' 8 and 32 waist. I went for the medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

This might have been a better place to ask rather than the "off topic" thread. Am going to Decathlon in a few days. Any "must buys" anyone would recommend. have had bib tights and "silk" gloves recommended so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

This might have been a better place to ask rather than the "off topic" thread. Am going to Decathlon in a few days. Any "must buys" anyone would recommend. have had bib tights and "silk" gloves recommended so far.

Their own brand tubes are cheap and I have always found them to be pretty good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

Triban 5A Class bike for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

letape wrote: »
    Their own brand tubes are cheap and I have always found them to be pretty good quality.

Excellent, need them at the moment. Thanks
    djtwigster wrote: »
    Triban 5A Class bike for the money.

Thanks, I should have said Clothing & Accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

2 Continental Grand Prix 4000 S tyres and 2 Vittoria ultralite tubes for €59.90 from Rose at the moment. Not too bad.

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/continental-gp4000s-tyre-set-incl-vittoria-inner-tubes/aid:706208

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poondq

PROBIKEKIT Coupon Codes
    Offer: 10% off when you spend £150 (Valid until 6th December)
    Code: 10OFFPBKUK

Offer: 20% off High5 (Valid until 30th November 2013)
    Code: HIGH20UK

Offer: 5% off Continental GP4000s (Valid until 6th December 2013)
    Code: 4000UK

Offer: Buy 2 Get an extra 10% off on Clincher Tyres (Valid until 6th December 2013)
    Code: CLINCH2UK

Offer: £50 off Sidi Shoes (Valid until 30th November 2013)
    Code: SIDI50UK

ProBikeKit.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've a £10 off code for purchases over £100 from Merlin Cycles if anyone needs it. PM me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poondq

Latest just recv the email (since im in their vip programme lol!)
    Good afternoon poon xxxxx

I hope all is well.

Please see below Black Friday offers from Pro Bike Kit for the UK:

Code: 5OFF40
    Offer: Spend over £40 and get £5 off

Code: 10OFF80
    Offer: Spend over £80 and get £10 off

Code: 15OFF400
    Offer: Spend over £400 and get 15% off

Probikekit.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Voucher weekend in CRC with 10% vouchers, check on website for more details as there on the top banner on the website

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com

Also unique voucher code D5231335BE11 to get £10 off your order over £100 for Merlin Cycles although I think its limited to 1 use....

http://Merlincycles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

A HD helmet camera for almost 50% off is available as part of todays amazon deal.
    Comes in at €64.

Be quick though as the offer will expire soon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADH4SCQ/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Madison Genesis Team Kit 50% off, its decent looking kit.

www.madisongenesis.co.uk/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

TK Maxx in Stephen's Green have a large range of Polaris winter gear - winter jerseys & decent breathable water proofs. I picked up a very nice windproof jersey (Polaris Tornado), made from their own windproof fabric for €46.99. Very impressed with fit and performance so far. There are also some Craft summer jerseys for as little as €9.00, if anyone's stocking up for the summer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Lemag wrote: »
    £89.99

gone within seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭browsing

Just missed it at 11.03. I'm 165th queuing to get in there if for some reason people pull out. madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

I managed to get one :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Great piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

cassette50 wrote: »
    I managed to get one :D

Feck off. :mad:

i got on the waitlist, then got offered one. let it go though as one of the multisport ones would suit me better, will pick up the 310xt or the 910xt.

better to let it roll down to someone who really wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mossym wrote: »
    gone within seconds
    I managed to order it. Now that I think about it though, it's another £70 for the HRM and cadence, so it's not really a saving :( I should've picked up the bundle in May for £150.

I just got one! form 165th! check amazon NOW as I had two minutes to claim it when it was handed to me!

better to let it roll down to someone who really wants it
    browsing wrote: »
    I just got one! form 165th! check amazon NOW as I had two minutes to claim it when it was handed to me!

you're welcome..:)

(just kidding)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

you're welcome..:)

(just kidding)

Got one too.

It's gone now to only 85% claimed, get in there quick! (doesn't apply to bundle option, just garmin on its own)

@mossym, a lot of people must have done what you did. Or maybe they didn't purchase on time!

browsing wrote: »
    @mossym, a lot of people must have done what you did. Or maybe they didn't purchase on time!

i'd imagine so. impulse clicking. i was torn between getting one of these and a garmin swim, or one of the multisport watches. the deal tempted me to go with the 500, but when i went to the final screen to click confirm offer i changed my mind, the multisport watches allow transition programming which will work better for me.

have a 410 to keep me going till i pick something up anyway. best of luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

I managed to order it. Now that I think about it though, it's another £70 for the HRM and cadence, so it's not really a saving :( I should've picked up the bundle in May for £150.

I had it in the basket, but after checking email discovered that the 800 unit was dispatched, £149 that was. Bikeinn.com have the 500 Red premium with HRM/cadence on their site for €188.
    http://www.bikeinn.com/bike/garmin-edge-500-pack-red/18205/p

Sorry, page wasn't refreshed and was showing a saving of 33% at €188 from last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement