Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Some great 40-50% off deals on Basso road bikes on wiggle at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

robfahy wrote: »
    Team Argos Shimano doing an end of season clear-out. Use this code to get 60% off: ESA121413. Jersey & Bib Shorts for €42 with discount.

http://webshop.teamargosshimano.com/default.aspx

Kit arrived today - excellent quality in nice Argos Shimano bag - thanks again to OP on great find!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Kit arrived today - excellent quality in nice Argos Shimano bag - thanks again to OP on great find!

How's the fit for you Matt B? Usual sizing for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Some Garmin-Sharp gear reduced...

http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/on-sale.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

furiousox wrote: »
    Some Garmin-Sharp gear reduced...

http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/on-sale.html

....if you can overcome astronomical postage costs. About $50 for a small enough packet, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

How's the fit for you Matt B? Usual sizing for you?

Yeah I'm 5'9" and 30" waist and medium is perfect

The shorts are far better than any I own so may be the Pearl iZumi premium that a previous poster mentioned

All in all very satisfied!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Team Argos Shimano kit ordered!!

Damn this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

AltAccount wrote: »
    Team Argos Shimano kit ordered!!

Damn this thread...

Me too. Cheers good find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Me too. Cheers good find.

Me three. Damn this thread to hell indeed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

Yeah I'm 5'9" and 30" waist and medium is perfect

The shorts are far better than any I own so may be the Pearl iZumi premium that a previous poster mentioned

All in all very satisfied!

Forgive me for a newbie question, but I'm 6'1" or so and yet match up with the sizing measurements that they give for the Medium size (barely on inseam but I'm a pretty slim guy). Should I ignore this and go with large instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think we'll be seeing a lot of these around Dublin in the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Bugger. Sucked in once more.

R

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think we'll be seeing a lot of these around Dublin in the spring

WBA can have his own boards jersey sighting thread. We can have the argos spotting thread

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Wizoom wrote: »
    Forgive me for a newbie question, but I'm 6'1" or so and yet match up with the sizing measurements that they give for the Medium size (barely on inseam but I'm a pretty slim guy). Should I ignore this and go with large instead?

I went with large - about 5'10" and 32" waist. Shorts fit perfectly - jersey is a little loose but not unacceptably so. Overall I'm very happy with the fit. At 6'1" I would imagine you'd definitely want large. It really is good quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

bren_mc wrote: »
    I went with large - about 5'10" and 32" waist. Shorts fit perfectly - jersey is a little loose but not unacceptably so. Overall I'm very happy with the fit. At 6'1" I would imagine you'd definitely want large. It really is good quality gear.

Cheers man, bit the bullet and went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SprinterSacre

bren_mc wrote: »

+1, I'm 6'2" and 33" waist, shorts perfect, jersey bit loose as said but fine. Good gear def recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

since there's no xl left, is there scope for a bit more room in those L shorts ? I am 36" waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I hope there is as I just ordered a large and have a 35" waist.

The sizing chart for "Men's Standard US apparel" on the site has the following dimensions for Large so hopefully should be fine.
    Chest 103-110cm (40.5-43.3")
    waist 88-95cm (34.6-37.4)
    hip 103-110.5cm (40.5-43.5")
    inseam 84 (33.1")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

fran426ft wrote: »
    I hope there is as I just ordered a large and have a 35" waist.

The sizing chart for "Men's Standard US apparel" on the site has the following dimensions for Large so hopefully should be fine.
    Chest 103-110cm (40.5-43.3")
    waist 88-95cm (34.6-37.4)
    hip 103-110.5cm (40.5-43.5")
    inseam 84 (33.1")
    caol ila wrote: »
    since there's no xl left, is there scope for a bit more room in those L shorts ? I am 36" waist.

I just received my size large, you dont have to worry, I'm 34 waist and I actually could have got away with the medium. Nice quality gear btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone seen any good deals on a basic road bike wheelset? Had a little incident which resulted in a buckled back wheel while moving house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Anyone seen any good deals on a basic road bike wheelset? Had a little incident which resulted in a buckled back wheel while moving house.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/shimano-racing-wheel-set-28700-c-wh-r501-30/aid:520080

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k632/a91370/wh-r501-wheelset-black-grey.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Would you not just get the wheel trued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Great minds?

You win, your site is cheaper!

ford2600 wrote: »
    You win, your site is cheaper!

The black set is actually 90c cheaper on Rose lol, didn't compare shipping costs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

HEY EVERYONE ITS ON ITS WAY (at last)
    ROSE Bikes
    1x 1886805 B + M Frontscheinwerfer Lumotec IQ2 Luxos U senso plus m. USB-Anschluss, 70 Lux black
    1x 600600 NEUKUNDEN-GESCHENK .
    And a surprise !!!!(for being late, but fair play)
    Very excited! Night rides back on the menu.

LINK for the lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

WillyFXP wrote: »
    I just received my size large, you dont have to worry, I'm 34 waist and I actually could have got away with the medium. Nice quality gear btw.
    What height are u Willy?
    I'm 6ft with a 32" waist, do u reckon I'd squeeze into medium or better off with large?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

What height are u Willy?
    I'm 6ft with a 32" waist, do u reckon I'd squeeze into medium or better off with large?

The medium should be fine.

• Advertisement

What height are u Willy?

I'm 5'8" but not that slim, I'd say you'd be grand in the medium.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement