Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Just signed for Team Argos Shimano also!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

On the Team Argos kit: I'm 6' 2 with 32" waist. Medium or large?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Just purchased the Argos shimano kit good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stroon

In on the Argos-Shimano kit too. Is it just me or is even the full price (€99) relatively cheap for what people are saying is decent quality gear?

I need to get training now, I don't have the legs to justify pro kit...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I too have joined Team Argos-Shimano - great value for that price !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

On the Team Argos kit: I'm 6' 2 with 32" waist. Medium or large?

6'1" and 32" waist. I went for large because I was worried about length. I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Great news about all this Team Argos-Shimano stuff being sold. hopefully won't see the cyclists with the worn out bid shorts showing off the bare ass.

Would of got some myself but i like showing off my ass to the unexpecting group cyclist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

Wizoom wrote: »
    6'1" and 32" waist. I went for large because I was worried about length. I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

Im 6'1 and 34" on a good day. I got the large. Top is what i call nice and snug. Shorts lovely fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

From Merlin for £675. Includes 6800 wheels which usually retail over £200. Or for an extra £115 you can get the excellent RS81 C24 carbon laminate wheels instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Might be of some use. Never heard of the brand. Specs look ok at best

Moda Intro Alloy Road Bike

use code SAS15UK. net price about £360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

dots104 wrote: »
    Im 6'1 and 34" on a good day. I got the large. Top is what i call nice and snug. Shorts lovely fit

I'm 6 foot and 36" waist, large did the job. Its quite comfy, fits well. Cheers to the OP who brought this to our attention!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lads,

did you receive a confirmation email when you purchased the Argos-Shimano kit?

I paid via PayPal earlier this morning (and got a receipt in an email from them), but I haven't got anything from the Argos-Shimano website to say that my order has been confirmed. The web page froze when trying to go from the PayPal website back to the Argos-Shimano website (i.e. at the very end of my transaction). I didn't refresh it or anything just in case. I've emailed the Argos-Shimano website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Lads,

I paid via PayPal earlier this morning (and got a receipt in an email from them), but I haven't got anything from the Argos-Shimano website to say that my order has been confirmed. The web page froze when trying to go from the PayPal website back to the Argos-Shimano website (i.e. at the very end of my transaction). I didn't refresh it or anything just in case. I've emailed the Argos-Shimano website anyway.

Hey Teamie!

Yeah, I got a confirmation from them alright, with an order number. From no-reply@1t4i.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

I've emailed the Argos-Shimano website anyway.[/quote]

Did you tell them you were captain of Team 410 Argos Shimano?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Signed during the week also....whens our press conference??????

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

leCycliste wrote: »
    Signed during the week also....whens our press conference??????

All we need now is a bike sponsor :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Good enough deal on HD sports camera on Amazon, 46% claimed atm. Had to use myus.com to get shipping, but all in all is going work out around €100 for a full 1080p camera with pretty good quality.

I took a punt anyway and hopefully customs wont be an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Friday only
    Cyclepower, Walkinstown, Dublin 12 - €5 each for a full bicycle service, cycle helmet, high-viz vest www.cyclepower.ie
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/features/2013/1107/485200-fiver-friday/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

Lads,

I initially posted the offer here after ordering mine on 22 November. When everyone else started to get theirs this week I wondered where mine had got to, so checked their tracking number and found it hadn't even been picked up by Post NL. Emailed them through where PayPal payment was sent to and website. No communication back from them. I am worried that they'll all sell out and they will just refund me if no stock is left!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I received an email from paypal but nothing from AS. I did email them looking to change size and got a response back saying it was already dispatched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I ordered mine 2 days ago. I got an email from PayPal and also an order confirmation email with order number and tracking link from Team Argos-Shimano.

The tracking link in the confirmation email brings me to their website which just says "Your package has not been sent, no Track and Trace information available yet. Please try again later."

Is anyone else getting this? How long after ordering did it take for people to receive their kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Same as Green&Red, tried to change sizes but was told the items were already packed (via email)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Just spotted this great deal, X-Tools Bike Tool Kit - 18 Piece for €30.49
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/x-tools-bike-tool-kit-18-piece/rp-prod40997?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=generic&_%24ja=tsid%3A41244|cgn%3Aawin|kw%3A87595%2520&awc=2698_1386343848_c2ddeb9c10f50fa124c60a3c1b552d16

Obviously the tools are not for the likes of a mechanic working everyday but ideal for anyone prone to the occasional tinker about on the bike at home. I have this set and have been very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Just spotted this great deal, X-Tools Bike Tool Kit - 18 Piece for €30.49
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/x-tools-bike-tool-kit-18-piece/rp-prod40997?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=generic&_%24ja=tsid%3A41244|cgn%3Aawin|kw%3A87595%2520&awc=2698_1386343848_c2ddeb9c10f50fa124c60a3c1b552d16

Obviously the tools are not for the likes of a mechanic working everyday but ideal for anyone prone to the occasional tinker about on the bike at home. I have this set and have been very happy with it.

Sound, just ordered, great value

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

fran426ft wrote: »
    I ordered mine 2 days ago. I got an email from PayPal and also an order confirmation email with order number and tracking link from Team Argos-Shimano.

The tracking link in the confirmation email brings me to their website which just says "Your package has not been sent, no Track and Trace information available yet. Please try again later."

Is anyone else getting this? How long after ordering did it take for people to receive their kit?

I'm getting the same message only ordered Wednesday so not sure how long delivery takes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

DPD says my Argos Shimano gear has been collected from DPD and is in Best, Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Shimano M520 Clipless SPD MTB Pedals - 53% off in CRC.
    €20.99

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-m520-clipless-spd-mtb-pedals/rp-prod3759

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Thats a price of cleats only with your LBS. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jk_Eire wrote: »
    Shimano M520 Clipless SPD MTB Pedals - 53% off in CRC.
    €20.99

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/shimano-m520-clipless-spd-mtb-pedals/rp-prod3759

Ooh, could get them and some basic shoes for around £60 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

fran426ft wrote: »

I ordered mine on 23/11, got them on 4/12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement