Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keelang

I think it could be down to dpd . There is no phone number on the parcels so it could be sitting in a depot for all you know. .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

robfahy wrote: »
    I initially posted the offer here after ordering mine on 22 November. When everyone else started to get theirs this week I wondered where mine had got to, so checked their tracking number and found it hadn't even been picked up by Post NL. Emailed them through where PayPal payment was sent to and website. No communication back from them. I am worried that they'll all sell out and they will just refund me if no stock is left!

did you email customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com ?
    I emailed them this afternoon and they got back to me pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

did you email customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com ?
    I emailed them this afternoon and they got back to me pretty quickly.

Thanks, I will try that email address. It wasn't the one I had used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

keelang wrote: »
    I think it could be down to dpd . There is no phone number on the parcels so it could be sitting in a depot for all you know. .

To b fair to DPD, they rang me on my mobile on Tuesday to say the address was incomplete and then delivered on Wednesday. The address only had my name, house name and Galway on it. DPD must have contacted the sender to get my number as it wasn't on the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

WillyFXP wrote: »

Right, so I have those ordered and am awaiting the tool kit mentioned earlier.

Thanks, I think.

For those looking into the Team Argos-Shimano @5'-7"/(8"?) with a 32-33 waist, the medium is a perfect fit. But I think if you are taller then the braces part of the shorts (or what ever it they're called), might start digging into you. I personally felt that if I was taller, I'd be over stretching them but these are my first bib type shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-magnum-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod69090

70% off diadora speed racer 2 magnum road shoes. Part of their advent offers, nice pair of shoes for 56.99!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-magnum-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod69090

70% off diadora speed racer 2 magnum road shoes. Part of their advent offers, nice pair of shoes for 56.99!!!

And bought too.

Damn this thread to hell! My poor bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm also signing for Team Argos-Shimano :D

Unbelievable value, 42 euro for a full kit delivered!

Must start selling off some of my gear :(

• Advertisement

What are diadora sizes like? I'm 9 in shoes, 44 shimanos.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

WillyFXP wrote: »
    What are diadora sizes like? I'm 9 in shoes, 44 shimanos.

I'm the same as you; i bought a pair of diadora speedracer earlier this year and 44 were too big for me, I think you'd need a 43 or 43.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Daaaaamn yooooooou!

Must. Unsubscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Ordered shoes, thanks for the spot.***unsubscribes***

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

another addition to the argos-shimano team here ;)

on a separate note - just found this site selling wheels at a fraction of the price they should be ... on the remotely off chance that anyone on here has been tempted to purchase from here ...

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-refine/bike-wheels/c024057003002-lil6.html#as-lil6-1

what gives ? they're shipping to Ireland is even free as well if you select EMS

it's got to be too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

rodriquez wrote: »
    it's got to be too good to be true?

It is, they're almost certainly fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not a bargain alert, bargain discussion perhaps. If you want a "new" bike but you can wait, you can pick up the parts you need in various clearance sales and other places.
    There's a piece of old wisdom in biking that it always works out more expensive to buy the parts and put it together yourself, but I think that only holds true if you're not patient enough :)

Decided to do up a quick tally on the new MTB. Less than €450. Not too shabby for what's effectively a brand new bike. I'm especially proud that I managed to get colours that work together rather than building a frankenbike.
    The frame was sold off in CRCs big winter sale last year, I think I got about 70% off (according to them anyway). It's a 21" frame that takes 26" wheels. Since the XTC is a 29er now, I think that's probably why it was going so cheap.
    I'm not convinced by the 29er revolution anyhow (pun intended). Apparently 27.5" is the next big thing.

I think I'll just wait for MTBs to accept that 700c is the way to go.

I already had decent wheels that I'd bought two years ago and put no more than 150km on, and mechs and shifters which just needed a spit shine. The cranks and pedals are fine, but I would like to replace them.

Brand-X Spacer Pack Alloy 5 x 5mm|4.94
    Funn Arrow Head Stem 2012|26.65
    Nukeproof Element - Half Waffle Lock On Grip|14.93
    Raceface Ride XC Handlebars - Riser 2012|19.83
    Shimano BB71 Road Press Fit Bottom Bracket|31.99
    SRAM PG950 9 Speed Cassette |€22.87 
    SRAM PC971 9 Speed Chain |€13.59 
    Clarks Exo Skeletal Hydraulic Disc Brake - Front & Rear - LH/RH Levers|61.49
    Rock Shox XC 28 TK Coil Forks - PopLoc 2013 - 100mm - White - 9mm QR|116.09
    Giant XTC Hardtail Frame 2012 - 21" - Blue/White/Silver|158.55

Lads,

did you receive a confirmation email when you purchased the Argos-Shimano kit?

I paid via PayPal earlier this morning (and got a receipt in an email from them), but I haven't got anything from the Argos-Shimano website to say that my order has been confirmed. The web page froze when trying to go from the PayPal website back to the Argos-Shimano website (i.e. at the very end of my transaction). I didn't refresh it or anything just in case. I've emailed the Argos-Shimano website anyway.

After a few emails back and forth, customer service have sorted out my order. They said it would be dispatched today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

After a few emails back and forth, customer service have sorted out my order. They said it would be dispatched today :)
    I emailed two address, filled out a form on their website and messaged them on Facebook, no communication back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Something slightly different for those that carry an iPhone on the bike. Runtastic Road Bike Pro, normally €4 is free today. https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/id468429333?mt=8&affId=1952465&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

• Advertisement

robfahy wrote: »
    I emailed two address, filled out a form on their website and messaged them on Facebook, no communication back at all.

No word back even from the email address I suggested you use?
    Maybe if you address your email to the person that I was dealing with .... her name is Sylvana ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

Don't know if this is of help or not....

but http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Premium-Strap-Heart-Monitor/dp/B00BI9X1QM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_47

If you go down the page to the "frequently bough together" bit and untick the bike attaching bit, the cadence and HRM come in at;

Garmin Premium Soft Strap Heart Rate Monitor £37.68
    Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor For the Forerunner/Edge £29.92

Total 67.60 stg before VAT changes. Which means about 190e if you got the garmin 500 on the deal.

The Premium Heart Rate Monitor is coming out at £33.62 on Amazon now with the code 5OFF25PC, giving a reduction of £5 after VAT is added.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

seamus wrote: »
    Less than €450. Not too shabby for what's effectively a brand new bike without wheels, shifters, mechs, saddle, or tyres.

FYP :p

Still a great idea for a thread. See if you can build a bike from new discounted bits for less than the price for a comparable big manufacturer build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

strava code for their shop - 25OFFPREMIUM - expires midnight 12th dec

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

colm18 wrote: »
    I'm the same as you; i bought a pair of diadora speedracer earlier this year and 44 were too big for me, I think you'd need a 43 or 43.5.

lads, i think it's unbelievable value a 70% off and I an very tempted, but what's the story with the MAGNUM size? I usually wear a 43 sidi (regular shoe).
    Are these only wider or they are also longer? Should I go for the same or smaller? Or - as I have a "normal" foot - I should leave them there?
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

My Argos-Shimano kit just arrived to work. I was more than surprised when it came in two boxes. I open them up only to find they had sent me two full kits. :D:D
    I double checked my credit card and PayPal definitely only charged me once.:D

Two full kits for €41.58 delivered now that's a bargain. Thanks again to the OP.

FYI the tracking link they sent me with the order confirmation never worked. Maybe it was because they had 2 different tracking numbers?

Also they completely messed up the address on the labels. Pretty much had part of my companies name and Ireland. I'm amazed they got here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

fran426ft wrote: »
    My Argos-Shimano kit just arrived to work. I was more than surprised when it came in two boxes. I open them up only to find they had sent me two full kits. :D:D
    I double checked my credit card and PayPal definitely only charged me once.:D

Two full kits for €41.58 delivered now that's a bargain. Thanks again to the OP.

FYI the tracking link they sent me with the order confirmation never worked. Maybe it was because they had 2 different tracking numbers?

Also they completely messed up the address on the labels. Pretty much had part of my companies name and Ireland. I'm amazed they got here at all.

Ah, so now I know where mine ended up:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

clod71 wrote: »
    lads, i think it's unbelievable value a 70% off and I an very tempted, but what's the story with the MAGNUM size? I usually wear a 43 sidi (regular shoe).
    Are these only wider or they are also longer? Should I go for the same or smaller? Or - as I have a "normal" foot - I should leave them there?
    Thanks for your help

There are no sizes left at the 70% off though, max of 50% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

I bought a pair as well
    I don't even need new road shoes!
    Couldn't resist them at that price (E56)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

just got a mail - ribble are having a sale on their shimano groupsets with code XMAS10 resulting in Tiagra groupset for £260/311 euros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement