Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

Plastik wrote: »
    There are no sizes left at the 70% off though, max of 50% discount.

Christ, I'm always late with these things...
    Not a bargain anymore at 94 euros for me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Just received my Argos shimano kit top quality BARGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

lennymc wrote: »
    just got a mail - ribble are having a sale on their shimano groupsets with code XMAS10 resulting in Tiagra groupset for £260/311 euros.
    Good price, but this is better as the postage is free.
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=50933

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just received my Argos shimano kit top quality BARGAIN!

Same. Arrived this morning. Lovely gear - waited just over a week for it. Quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poondq

Latest PBK Code (custom from me!)

Offer: Spend over £50 at Pro Bike Kit and get 10% off
    Code: PDQ10

Valid until 5th January 2014.

Must be entered via this tracked link below.

Probikekit.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I too have received my official team kit from my new employers. Funny though, there was no mention of the details for the press conference and photo op in the cover letter that came with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thule Clipon 3-BikeFor Hatchback/Estate coming up on tomorrow's Amazon Lightening deal at 1 p.m. It's £104.40 before reduction.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001P8241E/ref=gb1h_img_c-2_4907_a97a0a2e?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=00Y3YC4P3H4H03AZSN9E&pf_rd_i=350613011&pf_rd_p=451354907

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Paddigol wrote: »
    I too have received my official team kit from my new employers. Funny though, there was no mention of the details for the press conference and photo op in the cover letter that came with it...

Mine arrived today! Must be waiting until 2014 for the official team unveiling http://www.1t4i.com/riders/ it's really top kit

Ps bagsy being our Team sprinter! The great white train :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

press conference will need to wait until I get mine released from DPD in Athlone, my tracking code is telling me delivery failure!!! awaiting a reply from their DPD customer service. Still excited about the start of the season!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

leCycliste wrote: »
    press conference will need to wait until I get mine released from DPD in Athlone, my tracking code is telling me delivery failure!!! awaiting a reply from their DPD customer service. Still excited about the start of the season!!!

Had a similar problem myself, got a grand quick response from them through their DPD UK Facebook page. Will have to wait and see if it's actually sorted though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

30% off orders with GARMIN30 discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I have to say, I was skeptical about the Argos-Shimano offer, expecting something of a similar standard to what you sometimes see from a Hong Kong seller on eBay. But the kit arrived yesterday and it is very good; an absolute steal at that price. I expect there'll be lots of them out on the road from now on.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

CheGuedara wrote: »

Which website?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Which website?

http://www.garmin.com/en-IE

I just stuck it in to see the price for a speed and cadence sensor and HRM to go with the Garmin Edge 500 I picked up lately.

HMR came down to €41.99
    Speed/Cadence sensor down to €30.09

didn't go far enough to check if there is any shipping cost yet

EDIT: Shipping is showing as free for both standard delivery and Express. I'm tempted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Good man - I just pulled the trigger on that, 181.99 for the 500 red/black edge with cadence and hrm strap - no shipping fees!

Now to have a long think and come up with a better reason for the wife than getting annoyed at having to pull my sleeve up over my 310 to see the stats while pedalling :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

That's some value..
    Will have to look at the piggy bank.
    Garmin Edge 510 Team Garmin Bundle works out at €249.

Any Idea how long the offer is for ?
    CheGuedara wrote: »

fran426ft wrote: »
    http://www.garmin.com/en-IE

I just stuck it in to see the price for a speed and cadence sensor and HRM to go with the Garmin Edge 500 I picked up lately.

HMR came down to €41.99
    Speed/Cadence sensor down to €30.09

didn't go far enough to check if there is any shipping cost yet

EDIT: Shipping is showing as free for both standard delivery and Express. I'm tempted now.

If you register your Garmin product at myGarmin, it offers 10% discount on accessories bought. Is this in addition to the 30% code?

Invincible wrote: »
    If you register your Garmin product at myGarmin, it offers 10% discount on accessories bought. Is this in addition to the 30% code?

I don't know TBH. I haven't registered my edge 500 yet so might check this evening. I'd be surprised if the discounts stacked though.

Wish this discount was around a few weeks ago as I would have preferred the black/red one to match my bike instead of the blue/silver one Amazon had on offer. With this discount the cost of the kit works out about the same as buying things separately after the Black Friday discount.

I don't know TBH. I haven't registered my edge 500 yet so might check this evening. I'd be surprised if the discounts stacked though.

Wish this discount was around a few weeks ago as I would have preferred the black/red one to match my bike instead of the blue/silver one Amazon had on offer. With this discount the cost of the kit works out about the same as buying things separately after the Black Friday discount.

Initially I was after the black/red 500 to match Defy, but then the 800 came up on the Black Friday deal for £149 so got that, ordered the HRM off Amazon couple of nights ago using a code for £5 off 25, worked out at £33.62 /€39.99 roughly. I'll register and if the 10% works too, I'll cancel Amazon order.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »

£83.52 on deal price.

The 10% discount code that you get upon registration works in conjunction with the 30% here, have tried it :)
    HRM & Speed/Cadence sensor for €69.07 after discount codes applied.

It's not exactly the full extra 10% off but another 3% is better than nothing.

It's not exactly the full extra 10% off but another 3% is better than nothing.

Are you taking VAT into your calculations?

HRM €34.14 Excl VAT
    Speed/Cadence €22.02 Excl VAT
    Estimated Tax €12.91
    Order Total €69.07

I'm just looking at final prices.

With just the 30% discount the total price including VAT come to €72.08 for me so if with your additional discount it comes to €69.07 including vat for you that's a further €3.01 off. Which is just less than 3% of the original €102.98 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I saw a few retro cycling tops in a vintage clothes stall in George's street arcade, think it's called Tahiti. 15 euro each, might be good if that's your thing. Looked like they only had giant sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

RunDMC wrote: »
    I have to say, I was skeptical about the Argos-Shimano offer, expecting something of a similar standard to what you sometimes see from a Hong Kong seller on eBay. But the kit arrived yesterday and it is very good; an absolute steal at that price. I expect there'll be lots of them out on the road from now on.

R

not sure why you would think that its the team selling all the extra kit they have on their hands its not going be knock offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I saw a few retro cycling tops in a vintage clothes stall in George's street arcade, think it's called Tahiti. 15 euro each, might be good if that's your thing. Looked like they only had giant sizes.

Can you remember any of the logos?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

Garmin website is now down :mad:

• Advertisement

cassette50 wrote: »
    Garmin website is now down :mad:

It was very sluggish earlier today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement