Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Can you remember any of the logos?

Not really, think I saw a oldish Lotto jersey, early 90s probably. Nothing I really recognised like a Molteni top or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Use Google Chrome. Works 100%.
    On internet explorer was a disaster...
    Invincible wrote: »
    It was very sluggish earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Tried Garmin site earlier and itt was offering me both the 30% and 10% discount to under £ 20 for Out Front Mount, but then it said they couldn't ship one to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

fran426ft wrote: »
    I'm just looking at final prices.

With just the 30% discount the total price including VAT come to €72.08 for me so if with your additional discount it comes to €69.07 including vat for you that's a further €3.01 off. Which is just less than 3% of the original €102.98 price.

OK I registered my Edge 500 and got a discount code. Now I know why there seemed to be only 3% extra off. They only applied the extra 10% to the Speed/Cadence sensor and not the HRM.

Their site is working fine for me on Chrome too.

Edit: Turns out the extra 10% can only be applied to 1 product and they seem to automatically apply it to the cheapest one. HRM can be got for €37.79 on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

g0g wrote: »
    Tried Garmin site earlier and itt was offering me both the 30% and 10% discount to under £ 20 for Out Front Mount, but then it said they couldn't ship one to Ireland!

You need to change the country to Ireland, top right hand drop down menu, prices will also change to euros.

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »

Did you use the Irish site?
    http://www.garmin.com/en-IE
    or the UK one?
    http://www.garmin.com/en-GB

It should ship for the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

dfdream wrote: »
    Use Google Chrome. Works 100%.
    On internet explorer was a disaster...

I was using Chrome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

dfdream wrote: »
    That's some value..
    Will have to look at the piggy bank.
    Garmin Edge 510 Team Garmin Bundle works out at €249.

Any Idea how long the offer is for ?

yeah 30% is serious mark down especially on the new stuff bought a 510 couldn't find anyone near the price after the offer. 500 for the missus now

OK I registered my Edge 500 and got a discount code. Now I know why there seemed to be only 3% extra off. They only applied the extra 10% to the Speed/Cadence sensor and not the HRM.

Their site is working fine for me on Chrome too.

Edit: Turns out the extra 10% can only be applied to 1 product and they seem to automatically apply it to the cheapest one.

It's strange that they wouldn't apply discount to both :confused:
    On another note, got a call from bank this evening about suspicious use of my card on Garmin.com, they've put a stop on transaction and I had cancelled Amazon order earlier today.

It's strange that they wouldn't apply discount to both :confused:
    On another note, got a call from bank this evening about suspicious use of my card on Garmin.com, they've put a stop on transaction and I had cancelled Amazon order earlier today.

ha same as me so PTSB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Did you use the Irish site?
    http://www.garmin.com/en-IE
    or the UK one?
    http://www.garmin.com/en-GB

It should ship for the Irish site.
    WillyFXP wrote: »
    You need to change the country to Ireland, top right hand drop down menu, prices will also change to euros.

Thanks both. Afraid it still doesn't work though! Logged in again now from home and selected Ireland but it still says "The highlighted items in your cart are not available in the selected country. Please remove those items or select a different country."

I'm looking at SKU: 010-11251-15

I just tried the same item by browsing to it through their shop and got the same message when I went to check out. Very strange that it wouldn't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Thanks for the garmin code just got a 510 team garmin bundle for a steal

manafana wrote: »
    ha same as me so PTSB?

Yes it was, they must have thought there was something dodgy about it.
    I got on to Chat on Amazon and got the HRM re-ordered for £33.27 stg after £5 offer was re-used. Waiting to hear back from Garmin that payment was stopped and order Speed/Cadence from them then.

Yes it was, they must have thought there was something dodgy about it.
    I got on to Chat on Amazon and got the HRM re-ordered for £33.27 stg after £5 offer was re-used. Waiting to hear back from Garmin that payment was stopped and order Speed/Cadence from them then.

ptsb said i would need to re order

manafana wrote: »
    ptsb said i would need to re order

I told them I had received an email confirming order, when I look at order history on the Garmin site, it states "in progress", but I'll probably get a mail from them to place order again, which I will, but only for cadence.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

CheGuedara wrote: »
    30% off orders with GARMIN30 discount code

Any idea how long this code is good for, or just the one day??

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Any idea how long this code is good for, or just the one day??

Don't know where the op heard about it, so no idea on expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Don't know where the op heard about it, so no idea on expiry.

Sorry about not responding sooner guys - not long after having to emigrate so still a little up in a heap and with time to respond to posts a bit patchy. AFAIK the voucher was for a day (it doesn't seem to be working today in any case) and I know that it worked on both UK and Irish garmin sites. Anyhow soz for the late touch to base, I hope people got some good out of it and I'll provide more comprehensive details next time a code comes round.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

More bike stuff in Lidl. Is the bike stand a first? Anyone get it before?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-DFA654A9-F1AEF73B/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=48

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

More bike stuff in Lidl. Is the bike stand a first? Anyone get it before?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-DFA654A9-F1AEF73B/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=48

nope, stands are a regular, looks like the one i have and if so it's a good buy, use mine regularly with no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I have a Lidl bike stand. It's great for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

quozl wrote: »
    I have a Lidl bike stand. It's great for the money.

+1, very good quality for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

+1 on the bike stand - excellent value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

So the bike stands are going to sell like hot cakes then!
    Anyone ever tried the men's bib trousers or the cycling shoes? what are they like for sizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

keppler wrote: »

Probably not, cos they appear every so often and most who would use one have got one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

keppler wrote: »
    Anyone ever tried the men's bib trousers or the cycling shoes? what are they like for sizing?

Huuuuuge. In my experience they're really about 2/3 sizes larger than what it says on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Huuuuuge. In my experience they're really about 2/3 sizes larger than what it says on the label.

MADNESS_Le_Grand_Pantalon_Baggy_Trousers-300x300.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Rose have 105 SPD-SL pedals at 23.50. nice price

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/shimano-105-spd-sl-pd-5700-pedals/aid:667978

They had Ultegra at 42 but i got the last pair of those, was looking for a pair so my new tri bike would have same pedals as my road bike. the 105's are still a nice price though

edit: for some reason price is fluctuating between 77 and 23, not sure what is going on,the out of stock is 23 but the instock was 23 as well when i checked first, now showing 77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

mossym wrote: »
    Rose have 105 SPD-SL pedals at 23.50. nice price

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/shimano-105-spd-sl-pd-5700-pedals/aid:667978

They had Ultegra at 42 but i got the last pair of those, was looking for a pair so my new tri bike would have same pedals as my road bike. the 105's are still a nice price though

edit: for some reason price is fluctuating between 77 and 23, not sure what is going on,the out of stock is 23 but the instock was 23 as well when i checked first, now showing 77

The carbon ones are 77, standard 23.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement