Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

jinkypolly wrote: »
    The carbon ones are 77, standard 23.

missed they were carbon. when i looked first though there was definitely in stock ones for 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

The standard 105's and ultegra pedals have been coming in and out of stock in ones and twos for the last few weeks. I was looking for some a pair of 105's to match the group set on my new bike but ended up picking up the ultegra as they were such good value and I kept missing the 105's.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

fran426ft wrote: »
    but ended up picking up the ultegra as they were such good value and I kept missing the 105's.

aye, was a pure impulse buy for me as i have a set of 540's i can put on tri bike but when i saw the 42 price i couldn't turn it down

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Anyone see any bargain going for GP4000s anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

My Argos Shimano kit has made it as far as Athlone, but then had a failed delivery due to wrong address. Aww :(

Something tells me Argos Shimano haven't sold that many kits before, their delivery form doesn't seem to work too well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Anyone see any bargain going for GP4000s anywhere??

€59.90 for 2 GP 4000s and 2 Vittoria Ultralight

tubes.http://www.rosebikes.com/article/continental-gp4000s-tyre-set-incl-vittoria-inner-tubes/aid:706208

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My argos shimano arrived today, a large, a bit too large for me I think.

Anyone fancy a swap for a medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Green&Red wrote: »

I will buy it off you if you can't get a swap. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Have you put on weight since i last saw you - what are you doing buying a large?

Arragh some eijit said they were the same height as me and a large fitted him.

I do be bet into some of the mediums!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Arragh some eijit said they were the same height as me and a large fitted him.

I do be bet into some of the mediums!

Myself and casstte50 both told advised you medium would be fine for you, why did you order large?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My Team Argos-Shimano kit arrived today. It looks good :)
    My order was processed last Monday, so happy enough with the speed of the delivery given the problems other people are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

My Team Argos-Shimano kit arrived today. It looks good :)
    My order was processed last Monday, so happy enough with the speed of the delivery given the problems other people are having.

I just ordered mine. We're really going to need a boards/Argos group-ride at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I got mine yesterday. Find the shorts fit very well and the jersey is the right size. I was a bit disappointed by the quality of the jersey though, the sleeves and waist aren't elasticated or rubberised so they'll have a tendency to move around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

At the very minimum we need a new group on strava 'Team Boards-Argos Shimano'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

My Argos Shimano kit has made it as far as Athlone, but then had a failed delivery due to wrong address. Aww :(

Something tells me Argos Shimano haven't sold that many kits before, their delivery form doesn't seem to work too well..

Mine is on the missing list too :(

Have you tried putting your tracking number into the tracker on DPD's .co.uk website? It seemed to give more detailed information than the tracking link to the .de site that came in the dispatch email.

penguin88 wrote: »
    Mine is on the missing list too :(

Have you tried putting your tracking number into the tracker on DPD's .co.uk website? It seemed to give more detailed information than the tracking link to the .de site that came in the dispatch email.

Thanks for that, mine is currently in transit, expected delivery date today :eek:

They have my phone number, they really should just ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Thanks for that, mine is currently in transit, expected delivery date today :eek:

They have my phone number, they really should just ring me.

I hope you're not going to have the same issues as me! Following contact with DPD UK, they arranged delivery for the 10th (tracking status changed to "As requested, your parcel will now be delivered on Tue 10 December 2013" and in transit) and when nothing arrived, they arranged it for the 12th. I contacted them again this morning to query this to be they cannot locate my parcel.

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Myself and casstte50 both told advised you medium would be fine for you, why did you order large?

I think I had it ordered at that stage based on other advice and when I tried to change the order they said no dice.

meercat wrote: »
    I will buy it off you if you can't get a swap. Cheers

Done deal, I'll PM you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

I sent an email off to customerservices@dpd.ie once i knew the package was in athlone giving my name, address, phone number and tracking number. They got back to me pretty quickly, luckily my gear was out for delivery and the driver could make sense of what was put on the label.
    Argos shimano site still says it hasn't been posted, i got the tracking number from customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com
    Hope this helps the rest of the new signings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ordered it also my self just now. Good price i hope it fits me well.

brianomc wrote: »
    I sent an email off to customerservices@dpd.ie once i knew the package was in athlone giving my name, address, phone number and tracking number. They got back to me pretty quickly, luckily my gear was out for delivery and the driver could make sense of what was put on the label.
    Argos shimano site still says it hasn't been posted, i got the tracking number from customerservicewebshop@1t4i.com
    Hope this helps the rest of the new signings

Argos Shimano just sent me an email asking for my address and number again. Sent it to them, and also sent it to DPD with my parcel number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

25% off everything in the official TDF shop until Jan 2nd.

EDIT: There is Pro Team gear for sale as well as TDF items.

http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour/default.aspx?portal=ITG4FE9Q&CMP=PSC-ITG4FE9Q

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wonder if the Team Argos Shimano online shop are wondering why half of Ireland is buying all their kit?! :D
    They'll be very pleased when they arrive here for the Giro next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

My argos shimano arrived today, a large, a bit too large for me I think

Can u give us an idea of the problems with Size.

Would a 40-42 chest be a Large or Medium in this gear.

Also ... if you pick LARGE - I presume the Bibs are Large as well. What waist size would that cover??? Am a 34-35is myself

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

More bike stuff in Lidl. Is the bike stand a first? Anyone get it before?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-DFA654A9-F1AEF73B/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=48

the stand is very good for that price.
    The base layers are also good in this season for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I got my Diadoras today, and they're slightly too small. Anyone know who stocks Diadora in Dublin, so I can try them on before returning mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Done deal, I'll PM you

Cheers. Replied just now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

AltAccount wrote: »
    I got my Diadoras today, and they're slightly too small. Anyone know who stocks Diadora in Dublin, so I can try them on before returning mine?

What size did you order and what size do you take in normal shoes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement