Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

WillyFXP wrote: »
    What size did you order and what size do you take in normal shoes?

I wear 42.5. Any idea where I can try some on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

AltAccount wrote: »
    I wear 42.5. Any idea where I can try some on?

Sorry no clue, do you wear 42.5 in normal shoes or cycling shoes? What size diadoras did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

42.5 in normal shoes, bought 42.5 in Diadora. I did a bit of Googling before buying but didn't find anything about sizing anomalies for Diadora.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

42.5 in normal shoes, bought 42.5 in Diadora. I did a bit of Googling before buying but didn't find anything about sizing anomalies for Diadora.

Got mine Thursday. They fit like a glove. Wear a UK7.5 or eu 41. Ordered a 41.5 and am well happy. Lovely shoe and so much lighter than my other clogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

It's a boat anchor of a saddle at 176gr!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

it hurts my arse just to look at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

I was in Eason Galway today and convinced my other half to get this for my Christmas stocking...
    http://www.easons.com/p-594134-le-tour-de-france.aspx#sthash.pF7iiWw5.dpbs
    It's the 2012 edition, but still a nice book with lots of nik-naks in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Keeping with the Tour Theme, Debenhams have a 4 pack DVD set for €7.56 inc delivery today:

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106010133499_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Keeping with the Tour Theme, Debenhams have a 4 pack DVD set for €7.56 inc delivery today:

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_106010133499_-1

bought this last year, excellent collection, great value too.

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    It's a boat anchor of a saddle at 176gr!

Must learn to read descriptions properly. How can it be that bloody weight with all those holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Go up a half size. I wear 9 in normal shoes but 9.5 (44) fits me perfectly on Diadora shoes which are identical in size to shimano 44 shoes SPD-SL (I have both)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    bought this last year, excellent collection, great value too.

think this one might be slightly different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Just a heads up that the 30% off Garmin products from Garmin is active again for today (expires at midnight).

The code GARMIN30 works on both Irish and UK stores (select as appropriate via https://buy.garmin.com). So, here's another chance to get an xmas present sorted for almost a third off regular pricing - enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the 30% off Garmin products from Garmin is active again for today (expires at midnight).

The code GARMIN30 works on both Irish and UK stores (select as appropriate via https://buy.garmin.com). So, here's another chance to get an xmas present sorted for almost a third off regular pricing - enjoy!

Got this deal last week a garmin edge 510 team bundle for 251 delivered great deal fast service due for delivery today according to ups site

Did anyone get round the cannot ship to selected country problem on the garmin website? Tried to order the VIRB action camera and it wont let me go through the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Did anyone get round the cannot ship to selected country problem on the garmin website? Tried to order the VIRB action camera and it wont let me go through the checkout.

No problem here (mocked up an order on the Irish Garmin store sending Virb to Irish address). Brought me as far as final step in checkout no problem but can't afford to progress further (unless someone else wants to provide their card details! :D)

CheGuedara wrote: »
    No problem here (mocked up an order on the Irish Garmin store sending Virb to Irish address). Brought me as far as final step in checkout no problem but can't afford to progress further (unless someone else wants to provide their card details! :D)
    Yeah I just checked something, it'll let me order the basic package, but when I choose the camera plus the bundle (handlebar mount and extra battery) it wont ship to Ireland, bawls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Yeah I just checked something, it'll let me order the basic package, but when I choose the camera plus the bundle (handlebar mount and extra battery) it wont ship to Ireland, bawls.

use parcel motel to ship to a UK address?

lennymc wrote: »
    use parcel motel to ship to a UK address?

Works out at over €40 more with UK prices, fark that.

EDIT: just double checked, it's actually only approx €15 - €20 more at UK prices, works out between €240 and €245 depending on which currency conversion site you use. Still dont know if I'll pull the trigger on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

The problem is probably the battery. There seems to be a regulation preventing international shipment of high powered batteries that are not installed in a product. I ran into this trying to buy a spare battery for a Lezyne light. Seems to be a safety thing, but seems pretty daft too tbh.

MediaMan wrote: »
    The problem is probably the battery. There seems to be a regulation preventing international shipment of high powered batteries that are not installed in a product. I ran into this trying to buy a spare battery for a Lezyne light. Seems to be a safety thing, but seems pretty daft too tbh.

Nope, you can order the battery separately no problem with the basic model. Thing is, the battery is €29.99 on its own and the mount is €24.99, but they are added on to the bundle for only another €10. The UK bundle is an extra £20. Prices between the Garmin UK and Ireland sites vary wildly. Bundle pack comes to €230 but wont ship to Ireland, yet you can buy them all separately for €262 and it will ship.

CSS are doing this in a few days as part of the Advent Calendar:

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd_nohf.asp?ajax=1&price=0&showimg=1&idproduct=70588

It comes with cadence etc already. I think it'd be a good bet for the more budget conscious when compared to the Garmin (depending on whether you want GPS or cadence etc) .

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Chain raction are selling the Tacx Blue Matic for 150 (25% off)... Anyone recommend this trainer? I'm on the lookout for a decent enough trainer, nothing too special but just has to be quiet enough and do it's job. 1yr to return or exchange....decent.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/tacx-blue-matic/rp-prod86562

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just saw that Tahiti vintage clothes stand now has about 10-15 different retro jerseys going, now down to 10 bob each. Very 1980s if that's your thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Altura varium cycling jacket 50euro sportsworld.ie same coat on wiggle 160 euro
    http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000
    Plus free delivery!

Just saw that Tahiti vintage clothes stand now has about 10-15 different retro jerseys going, now down to 10 bob each. Very 1980s if that's your thing :D

Where is this hallowed place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000
    Plus free delivery!

Got one in Carrickmines earlier. They had one each left in blue or red S-L in both. Lovely jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Got one in Carrickmines earlier. They had one each left in blue or red S-L in both. Lovely jacket

+1 got a large black, great fit..now to take it out to some horrible weather!

• Advertisement

Plus free delivery!

Nice find, just ordered the black in medium

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement