Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Nice find I might pop in to have a look for one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Invincible

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the 30% off Garmin products from Garmin is active again for today (expires at midnight).

The code GARMIN30 works on both Irish and UK stores (select as appropriate via https://buy.garmin.com). So, here's another chance to get an xmas present sorted for almost a third off regular pricing - enjoy!

They must have pulled the offer before midnight, tried it a while ago and just there now, got a message "The code you entered is not valid".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Where is this hallowed place?

Georges Street arcade! If you're entering from the George's Street side, it's about 3/4 the way down. The Jerseys are hanging up on a rail on the left hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Georges Street arcade! If you're entering from the George's Street side, it's about 3/4 the way down. The Jerseys are hanging up on a rail on the left hand side.

Ah right, know the place, didn't know the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭G1032

Altura varium cycling jacket 50euro sportsworld.ie same coat on wiggle 160 euro
    http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000
    Plus free delivery!

Thanks for that. Just ordered one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

PlanetX Pro Carbon 50 MM Wheelset NO LOGO here for £299 - today only

<edit> I guess its important to point out that these are tubulars only!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

Well it looks like my argos shimano team kit is lost somewhere in Ireland. They dont seem to be that capable of dealing with orders at all. They gave me a tracking number for an address in Longford/Roscommon even though I live in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Get on the DPD UK Facebook page & send them a direct message, give them your tracking number & they should sort it for you. They did for me & an OP on here.

leCycliste wrote: »
    Get on the DPD UK Facebook page & send them a direct message, give them your tracking number & they should sort it for you. They did for me & an OP on here.
    Yeah I was onto them and they said that the tracking number that i gave them isn't for my address. Don't know whats going on. Think they must have gave me the wrong tracking number or mixed my order up with somebody elses.

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    Yeah I was onto them and they said that the tracking number that i gave them isn't for my address. Don't know whats going on. Think they must have gave me the wrong tracking number or mixed my order up with somebody elses.

any joy with contacting Argos at customerservicesweb@1t4i.com. can they not give you a email confirmation to pass onto the courier?

• Advertisement

any joy with contacting Argos at customerservicesweb@1t4i.com. can they not give you a email confirmation to pass onto the courier?

Yeah I have contacted them and they say that they are going to investigate it. We'll see how it pans out.

Yeah I have contacted them and they say that they are going to investigate it. We'll see how it pans out.

hope all goes okay and you get a positive outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Still waiting on delivery here too. Have been in contact with both Argos-Shimano and DPD, both asked me for my details again and haven't tried delivery since AFAIK. Might just ask them to at least leave it in the depot in the right county and I can look after it from there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

I got my kit today after six days although how i got it is beyond me, my address had my townland and village on it, no county or country.Nice kit by the way, cheers op and all the favorable reviews on sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I paid for it via paypal so if i don't get it im safe!
    Sounds like a lot of you guys are having problems with the delivery system they have set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I just got my argos gear - only 4 days after ordering it. Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭robfahy

I was the OP on that Team Argos Shimano kit. I ordered mine on 22nd November, have been back and forth between multiple emails, Facebook, Twitter, couriers and they still haven't been able to deliver. The package they tried to send to my home address went back to them undelivered and they have since failed sending it to my work address. I have never had a problem in the past receiving packages from anyone else.
    When it comes down to the amount of time I have spent chasing it down buying a new Gabba would have worked out cheaper!

robfahy wrote: »
    I was the OP on that Team Argos Shimano kit. I ordered mine on 22nd November, have been back and forth between multiple emails, Facebook, Twitter, couriers and they still haven't been able to deliver. The package they tried to send to my home address went back to them undelivered and they have since failed sending it to my work address. I have never had a problem in the past receiving packages from anyone else.
    When it comes down to the amount of time I have spent chasing it down buying a new Gabba would have worked out cheaper!
    I ordered mine of the 4th of December. Hope I don't have to go through all that. I think for me they have just assigned the wrong tracking number to my order and probably haven't sent it or something like that. The tracking number they gave me was for a Mr. Curran that was supposedly delivered on the 10 of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I ordered mine of the 4th of December. Hope I don't have to go through all that. I think for me they have just assigned the wrong tracking number to my order and probably haven't sent it or something like that. The tracking number they gave me was for a Mr. Curran that was supposedly delivered on the 10 of December.

Sounds like they might have given you my tracking number :eek:. I never received a tracking number for my delivery, received my package on the 10th and Mr. Curran works in the shipping office of the company I work for in Longford where I had my kit delivered (he would possibly have signed for it).

At least the package had my name on it so I know it was for me.

I'd keep on to them and insist they supply you with a tracking number that can be linked to your address or have them send another one out.

fran426ft wrote: »
    Sounds like they might have given you my tracking number :eek:. I never received a tracking number for my delivery, received my package on the 10th and Mr. Curran works in the shipping office of the company I work for in Longford where I had my kit delivered (he would possibly have signed for it).

At least the package had my name on it so I know it was for me.

I'd keep on to them and insist they supply you with a tracking number that can be linked to your address or have them send another one out.

Yeah they must have given me the wrong number so as opposed to shipping to the wrong address. At least I can say to them that they have got it mixed up and that they have sent me the wrong tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I've had similar woes with delivery. DPD (via Facebook) after rescheduling delivery twice said they could not locate my package, I had to get Argos Shimano to ask them to investigate. Sylvana in Argos Shimano got back to me yesterday saying that my package had been stored in a shed(??) but should be delivered shortly. In this time the tracking link showed my status going from "Goods held" to "Goods held" to "Return to Consignor" to "Your parcel has been relabelled to continue its journey". It seems to have been on one hell of a journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hows everyone getting on with the Diadora shoes?
    In Specialized shoes I'm a size 45, in Shimano I take a 46.
    I ordered Diadora size 45.
    They arrived today and they're half a size too big.
    No 44.5's left in stock so I'm going to send them back for a refund unless someone here wants them for E50?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

furiousox wrote: »
    No 44.5's left in stock so I'm going to send them back for a refund unless someone here wants them for E50?

Good to know, haven't received mine yet as they are a Christmas pressie but I'm normally a 43 in shoes, 44 shimanos, went for the 43 in these as advised by another boardsie, hopefully they will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Where did you get your tracking number? When I click into the track and trace on my confirmation email it brings me to a Dutch website!! I can't read Dutch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

furiousox wrote: »

Link to the shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Altura varium cycling jacket 50euro sportsworld.ie same coat on wiggle 160 euro
    http://www.sportsworld.ie/Product/Altura-Varium-Cycling-Jacket-Mens/277816/1002030000
    Plus free delivery!

Nuts. Seems to be gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I hope my order will be fulfilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

These are in my local Heaton's store, I nearly got one at the weekend.

• Advertisement

gman2k wrote: »
    I hope my order will be fulfilled!

Should be, sportsworld use live stock tracking. I got confirmation of dispatch this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement