Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭no1murray

Got an altura jacket nice and early. Told all the lads about it. None of them got it in time. What a sweet deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

eoz wrote: »
    Where did you get your tracking number? When I click into the track and trace on my confirmation email it brings me to a Dutch website!! I can't read Dutch!!

Got into the English website. Says package was delivered on the 14th but I did not receive it. The website is TNT, not DPD??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

eoz wrote: »
    Got into the English website. Says package was delivered on the 14th but I did not receive it. The website is TNT, not DPD??

Get onto DPD, they would have taken the package once it hit Ireland. they will have a record of the signature and the persons name who signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

slfcarro5 wrote: »
    Yeah I have contacted them and they say that they are going to investigate it. We'll see how it pans out.

Well they got back to me this morning to say that they are sending out another package. Lets hope this one arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Let's hope that both will ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Altura jacket now available again on http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/homepage.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Don't need one but that's a brilliant to the point of being odd offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't need one, but I've bought one anyway. Jackets are consumables in my mind, eventually they give way to the elements. So no harm to have another in the wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

UPDATE

Got through to Heatons in the end. They seem to have my details correct and were puzzled at the issue that arose.

They are looking into what happened, but all seems fine.

Looks like the .com domain expired but they never updated their emails. Go to
    http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/orderstracking.aspx
    instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

92% discount - bargain...

285059.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

CheGuedara wrote: »
    They were well overpriced in the first place ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

CheGuedara wrote: »

20% though, not 92%

20% though, not 92%
    Look at the numbers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

20% though, not 92%

No. It's 92%. Look at the ad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

seamus wrote: »
    Look at the numbers ;)

Miscounted the zeros - bit like when buying the house and the tiger was roaring :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Dinging wrote: »
    Altura jacket now available again on http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/homepage.aspx[/QUOTE]

Seems to be sold out online again. I picked up a red size XL in their shop in Northside SC at lunchtime. About 5 red and 5 blue still left, no black, various sizes, so you can try before you buy. Super jacket for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Great dispatch and delivery on Garmin for those that ordered when 30% discount was applicable on Monday - arrived this afternoon 48 hours after order via UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

jimm wrote: »
    Dinging wrote: »
    Altura jacket now available again on http://www.sportsworld.ie/aspx/homepage.aspx[/QUOTE]

Seems to be sold out online again. I picked up a red size XL in their shop in Northside SC at lunchtime. About 5 red and 5 blue still left, no black, various sizes, so you can try before you buy. Super jacket for the price.

Same in Blanchardstown - a fair few red and blue but no black - I was trying on an XL before my black one turns up and it fits great...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Great dispatch and delivery on Garmin for those that ordered when 30% discount was applicable on Monday - arrived this afternoon 48 hours after order via UPS

Still waiting on ups delivery ordered last week suppose to arrive yesterday returned to depot as could not find address!rang to confirm address and left a contact number for driver still nothing yet today I've a feeling this could drag on

• Advertisement

Still waiting on ups delivery ordered last week suppose to arrive yesterday returned to depot as could not find address!rang to confirm address and left a contact number for driver still nothing yet today I've a feeling this could drag on

I've always found UPS to be bloody awful in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Ya me too, I see from my updates they are looking for my number, i am getting that sinking feeling. Last year BMC - this year Garmin for delivery woes

catweazle wrote: »
    Ya me too, I see from my updates they are looking for my number, i am getting that sinking feeling. Last year BMC - this year Garmin for delivery woes

As I said I contacted them yesterday to give all my details but you know yourself talking to some guy in the uk in a call centre blah blah blah have had this issue with them before I dreed when I see there the shipper they make no effort to contact you anyway hope they prove me wrong is a present for somebody I've a feeling I'll b heading to the Dublin depot to pick up

WillyFXP wrote: »
    I've always found UPS to be bloody awful in Ireland.

Same as

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭ericzeking

On the back of that visibility thread yesterday I ordered a new rucksack cover for FREE from the RSA, it just arrived there less than 24hrs later...serious quality, far better than my old one which I paid 20quid for.

http://rsa.pmms.ie/ProductDetails.aspx?Option=Group&OptionParameter=HIVIS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

As I said I contacted them yesterday to give all my details but you know yourself talking to some guy in the uk in a call centre blah blah blah have had this issue with them before I dreed when I see there the shipper they make no effort to contact you anyway hope they prove me wrong is a present for somebody I've a feeling I'll b heading to the Dublin depot to pick up

Got it today, sitting in Shannon since last week waiting for me to contact them and give them a phone number :rolleyes:

Try this number 1890995500

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Got the Heatons jacket yesterday, Mrs J said there were plenty
    in store. Got the medium and let's say the fit is 'snug'.
    Bang goes the mince pies and whipped cream over Chrimbo so...

Jabel wrote: »
    Got the Heatons jacket yesterday, Mrs J said there were plenty
    in store. Got the medium and let's say the fit is 'snug'.
    Bang goes the mince pies and whipped cream over Chrimbo so...

Just took mine off the courier now, really nice jacket, medium is a perfect fit for me, enough room for a base layer under it, very happy. Thanks Stevieg2009 for posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Just took mine off the courier now, really nice jacket, medium is a perfect fit for me, enough room for a base layer under it, very happy.

This jacket can be my 'fat picture on the fridge', I will hang it outside
    my wardrobe where it can look disdainfully at me after days of indulgence
    tut tutting to itself thinking you haven't a hope buddy...;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement