Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Was just in lidl picking up a bike stand and they have track pumps for 6:99 that I didnt see advertised, I just spent 40 a couple of weekends ago so a little gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

krissovo wrote: »
    Was just in lidl picking up a bike stand and they have track pumps for 6:99 that I didnt see advertised, I just spent 40 a couple of weekends ago so a little gutted.

Nah, it's worth spending a bit more on a track pump. The cheaper ones are a lot less reliable for sure. Hard to know whether you can believe the pressure gauge, if it'll go up to 100+psi at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

just got the altura jacket in the Cavan store.
    plenty left in all colours and sizes.
    nice piece of kit and fantastic value for 50 Euro

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BikeBoy

I bought the altura jacket size M Black in the Carrickmines store last. That was the last black left and I couldn't see any other colours and sizes. I wore it today with a baseLayer and jersey and it's a perfect fit. Lot of pockets for storing stuff. A great buy and thanks again to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

BikeBoy wrote: »
    I bought the altura jacket size M Black in the Carrickmines store last. That was the last black left and I couldn't see any other colours and sizes. I wore it today with a baseLayer and jersey and it's a perfect fit. Lot of pockets for storing stuff. A great buy and thanks again to the OP.

Was it raining this morning and did it keep you dry ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Just had a phone call from Sportsworld.ie saying they didn't have the jacket I ordered in stock (Red, XL) I ordered Tuesday when there was stock showing so pretty annoyed. I asked could I get the Black instead and she said it was also out of stock. She could only offer me Blue, XL which was the only colour I didn't want so I cancelled the order.

I wouldn't mind but these were showing in stock yesterday too. My local shop only had Blue in XL and that is why I had placed the order online. Large was just a bit snug and short (I'm 6'3")

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'd say you dodged a bullet there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I bought this pump last time pure useless tbo going to buy a decent pump in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I bought this pump last time pure useless tbo going to buy a decent pump in the new year

Someone brought one of them to the track one day and blew the bottom off it first go. Useless.

I am tempted by the wall racks though. Anyone got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Diadoras are back on sale, not the same range of sizes as before unfortunately http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-magnum-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod69090

• Advertisement

DPD are going to leave my Argos kit in the depot in Enniscorthy, Wexford. That'll do I suppose..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Someone brought one of them to the track one day and blew the bottom off it first go. Useless.

I am tempted by the wall racks though. Anyone got?

Which wall rack is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

DPD are going to leave my Argos kit in the depot in Enniscorthy, Wexford. That'll do I suppose..

Glad to hear you got (partially) sorted. Mine is now back in Holland it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭billyhead

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Diadoras are back on sale, not the same range of sizes as before unfortunately http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/diadora-speedracer-2-magnum-road-shoes-2013/rp-prod69090

If anyone else purchased these shoes and normally wears a European sized 44 bike shoe would a 44 in these be to big and if so what size should i order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Got my Argos kit today, only ordered it Sunday night so one of the lucky ones. Not sure I will use the bibs much, my continental bibs have so much more padding. Still for the price I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭G1032

Altura jacket arrived today. Ordered large. Prefect fit for body but sleeves not quite as fitted as I thought they'd be. But overall delighted with the jacket. What a brilliant bargain. Thanks once again OP for the fantastic find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

billyhead wrote: »
    If anyone else purchased these shoes and normally wears a European sized 44 bike shoe would a 44 in these be to big and if so what size should i order?

I wear a 44 in shimanos, I've ordered the 43's due to reports of them being true to size or even a tiny bit bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Altura jacket arrived today large red great quality very happy!

For anyone wondering about Diadora sizing, I'd say go down half a size from what you normally wear.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88051179&postcount=2903

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Which wall rack is that?

Lidl Glasnevin has a folding wall rack that'll take two bikes and is also a shelf with two hooks hanging off it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

There's a stack of base layers, socks etc. in Aldi this week. Just left the Ashbourne store.

Lidl Glasnevin has a folding wall rack that'll take two bikes and is also a shelf with two hooks hanging off it?

Don't know that one, I've the aldi one which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Quote: meercat
    I will buy it off you if you can't get a swap. Cheers

Done deal, I'll PM you

Green&Red wrote: »
    Done deal, I'll PM you

Cheers for that green&red
    Fits me perfect
    Thanks
    Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

furiousox wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about Diadora sizing, I'd say go down half a size from what you normally wear.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88051179&postcount=2903

I'd disagree, waiting for the new shoes to be delivered, but expecting to find half size up to be perfect.

Hmm, remember they're a 'Magnum' so the sizing is a bit more generous.
    Let us know how they fit when you get them.

CPL 593H

For anyone wondering, the reason why the Argos kits are so cheap is because they are changing title sponsor next year. Not sure who it'll be yet, but it'll be ______-Shimano. Also no longer riding Felt bikes, switching to Giant instead.

Good news though, they're now retro kits!

Wahey, they dropped it into my house this evening after all. Bit of an adventure but got it in the end.

For anyone wondering, the reason why the Argos kits are so cheap is because they are changing title sponsor next year. Not sure who it'll be yet, but it'll be ______-Shimano. Also no longer riding Felt bikes, switching to Giant instead.

Good news though, they're now retro kits!

They've usually been quite good for that sort of thing, I got the Skil Shimano kit a good few years ago for very cheap, also Quick-Step were good a few years running also. Maybe keep an eye and see if BMC do anything this year. I've more kit than I could possible ever wear so other than the new club gear in January, I won't be ordering anymore bargains for a while.

They've usually been quite good for that sort of thing, I got the Skil Shimano kit a good few years ago for very cheap, also Quick-Step were good a few years running also. Maybe keep an eye and see if BMC do anything this year. I've more kit than I could possible ever wear so other than the new club gear in January, I won't be ordering anymore bargains for a while.

I should look out to see if Radioshack will be letting their kit go now that they're changing to Trek Factory Racing, that was another really nice kit.

I had far too much kit too but managed to sell a good bit last week, back down to a less embarrassing level now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

I won't be ordering anymore bargains for a while.

same here ..wife will kill me if she sees any more cycling gear!! So - not buying here that knife-set this year as a result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement