Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spray tan advice please

• 14-08-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I will be getting a light spray tan done for my wedding. I am living in Dublin but getting married in Sligo. My wedding is on a Monday so I am getting my tan done on the Friday morning prior to the wedding and then that evening I am travelling up to Sligo.

I am a bit of a tan virgin and while I know you should avoid water, makeup, deodrant etc and wear light clothes afterwards, do any of you have any tips for travelling? I am worried that the car seatbelt or sitting in the car for the journey will give me marks.

Should I leave a certain amount of time before I travel so that it dries a bit and if so how much time? What would the best clothes to wear in the car? And should I let my fiancé drive so I can take my shoes off so I dont get any marks?

Sorry if they all seem like stupid questions but I just want to be sure I dont end up looking all blotchy or marked on the big day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Id say the tan should be dried by the evening so you should be ok - it will have started to develop then as well so I wouldnt worry about the seatbelt etc. Maybe try and avoid wearing a bra on your way home from the salon as that could absorb the tan and leave marks. A tshirt and track suit pants should do the job fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ams wrote: »
    Id say the tan should be dried by the evening so you should be ok - it will have started to develop then as well so I wouldnt worry about the seatbelt etc. Maybe try and avoid wearing a bra on your way home from the salon as that could absorb the tan and leave marks. A tshirt and track suit pants should do the job fine!

Thanks a mil :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Could you not get the tan done on Saturday evening in Sligo? I'd be worried about the tan lasting ie fading in areas ect.... try not wear anything that's going to rub off the tan and wear loose clothing...also keep moisturised after you wash.

Good luck on your wedding day..enjoy x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

tan11ie wrote: »
    Could you not get the tan done on Saturday evening in Sligo? I'd be worried about the tan lasting ie fading in areas ect.... try not wear anything that's going to rub off the tan and wear loose clothing...also keep moisturised after you wash.

Good luck on your wedding day..enjoy x

You see I dont want a tan disaster and I got my trial done in Dublin, so I am happy with it and would like it to be like that on the day. Whatever tan it was, it looked way more natural than some of the spray tans I have seen the girls in work get. Oh also, it lasted about 5/6 days without getting a bit blotchy/worn off :)

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely wear lots of light clothing and moisturise every day. Would leggings be too tight to wear on the Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Definitely go with the tracksuit pants and loose t-shirt idea. It's a bit paranoid, but I'd even put a folded up towel between your shoulder/chest and the seat belt, so there won't be any excess rubbing when you're in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

tan11ie wrote: »
    Could you not get the tan done on Saturday evening in Sligo? I'd be worried about the tan lasting ie fading in areas ect....

I'm with Tan11 here. I got tan done on Thursday night for a wedding on a Satruday and the tan had already come off by the time Saturday had come around. I would be careful with how long you leave it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

the last time I got a spray tan done I got 7 days out of it by moisturising twice a day.

Advertisement