Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dihatsu charade

Options
  • 14-08-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

NOT BUYING ONE , JUST WANT YOUR VIEW ON THE SUBJECT:rolleyes:

whats your view on them...

now i dont know much about them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never been the same since the 990 cc three cylinder engines went west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

mike65 wrote: »
    went west?:confused:

went west?:confused::eek:

Ended/died/died off/ceased to be. Saying derived from either where criminals were hung west of London at Tyburn or WW1 and the western front.

Ended/died/died off/ceased to be. Saying derived from either where criminals were hung west of London at Tyburn or WW1 and the western front.

oh hahaha:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Ya the 1.0 diesel was a great little car in its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, I don't know why but I always liked the sound from those 3 cylinder engines, the old Suzuki Swift was another one with them.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Our post used to get delivered in one

Did it leave a rich whiff of fumes behind it? That's my main memory of them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Everything did in those days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The GTti was a mad little yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

i've one sitting in a shed, couldn't sell it when I stopped using it as it was such a tough little car-I felt it deserved to retire. was a 1.3efi and while a bit thirsty, it NEVER once broke in any way at all. toughies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

NOT BUYING ONE , JUST WANT YOUR VIEW ON THE SUBJECT:rolleyes:

whats your view on them...

now i dont know much about them...

They're handy little cars, simple and reliable. The old 1.0td was amazing, very slow of course but really ridiculous mpg. 1.3efi was quite quick (considering what it was) and nice enough to drive.

gtti was one of those ridiculous but brilliant ideas from the 80s like nissan's micra/march superturbo and the original starlet turbo, except in some ways the charade was better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Here's my mates GTXX hiding behind my car :P

scaled.php?server=146&filename=img1143b.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=64&filename=img1137g.jpg&res=medium

Here's my mates GTXX hiding behind my car :P

scaled.php?server=146&filename=img1143b.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=64&filename=img1137g.jpg&res=medium

both look serious .... is the civic in surence much? becouse i hear it expensive enough...:( my friend has a 1.3 and hes 19 and insurence is 2500 for the year...

both look serious .... is the civic in surence much? becouse i hear it expensive enough...:( my friend has a 1.3 and hes 19 and insurence is 2500 for the year...

The Civic is mine, it's an SiR and I pay €1900 at the moment, renewal next week it's going down to €1200 and I'm a 19 year old male :D

The Civic is mine, it's an SiR and I pay €1900 at the moment, renewal next week it's going down to €1200 and I'm a 19 year old male :D

maybe my friend is a really bad driver:D:D , but 1.3 shoud not be 2500 for the year....but you have a lovily civic

maybe my friend is a really bad driver:D:D , but 1.3 shoud not be 2500 for the year....but you have a lovily civic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Twas my first car, loved it to bits, had the 1l engine, great little beast.

Stheno wrote: »
    Twas my first car, loved it to bits, had the 1l engine, great little beast.

as colin mcrea used to say "if in dout , flat out" :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement