Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thomson modem restarts itself while pc boots?

• 14-08-2011 9:17pm

Anyone else having this problem?

It normally happens when I plug my ethernet cable into my pc while its booting up, but it can also happen when I run a connection test from my xbox.

It does a complete reboot and takes a minute or two to get ready for use agin.

It very annoying!

Any ideas?

Comments

I get this too, usually after playing Xbox and plugging into pc as it's booting.
    I have 100meg thomson router and i use DMZ host for 360 and mac address limiting for wireless devices.
    It could be a device ip address clash issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Why are you plugging in and out of the PC?

If you are using DHCP, then there should be no IP conflicts. If you have static IPs set up, just make sure they're different. There's no reason to get this wrong.

You could have a faulty modem.

jor el wrote: »
    Why are you plugging in and out of the PC?
    Why does anyone? :confused:
    I use wired connection on xbox, and then on pc when i'm finished.ie XBOX OFF
    If you are using DHCP, then there should be no IP conflicts. If you have static IPs set up, just make sure they're different. There's no reason to get this wrong.

You could have a faulty modem.
    I haven't got it wrong that's the whole point.
    Static ip for xbox, auto DHCP on pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Use 2 cables, one for each, and leave them both plugged in all the time. There's no need to be plugging it in and out.

Set static on both, or you might be getting it wrong, since you don't know exactly what the DHCP is going to do.

Advertisement