Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd - Monday 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

TOTTENHAM TEAM NEWS SNAP FROM OLD TRAFFORD
    New signing Brad Friedel makes his Tottenham debut in goal.

livermore starts as does krancjar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

who the fcuk does modric think he is? i say Mr Levy write the 30m off and let the little cnut rot in the stands for the next 5 years ...he might play again when he's in his 30s......Levy make an example of him please

BERBA wrote: »
    i say Mr Levy write the 30m off and let the little cnut rot in the stands for the next 5 years ...

:o cmon mate....

MAN UNITED v TOTTENHAM TEAM LINE-UPS
    Man Utd: De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra, Nani, Cleverley, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Welbeck. Subs: Lindegaard, Berbatov, Giggs, Park, Hernandez, Carrick, Fabio Da Silva.
    Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Livermore, Kranjcar, Bale, Van der Vaart, Defoe. Subs: Gomes, Huddlestone, Jenas, Pavlyuchenko, Bassong, Corluka, Townsend.
    Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very interested to see how Liveromore does against 'real' competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Come on lads, let's put this record to bed. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody any links handy...
    :)

What a save by Brad!

kyle walker poor so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

Kaboul excellent so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

They, unfortunately, look like they will score. Livermore has been good, as has Kaboul. Van Der and bale been quiet enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

This game was tailor made for Modric, Livermores doing well though, Krancs just a bit slow getting back when play breaks down...

Charlie on for walker, walker sick apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

**** !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

i wonder would Galaxy take Defoe aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Not that they have been bad tonight (Kaboul in particular has impressed) but I really dont think this defence is strong enough to see us to top 4. I rate Kaboul, Dawson and Bassong but they all go through shaky spells and I feel even when they are playing well Im just waiting for a slip up. Same story with Corluka or Walker.

Would love to see us play two battling deep lying centre mids in games like this and letting Lennon and Bale run riot. I think a CM partnership of Sandro and Diarra could do really well in games like this. Was'nt ver happy with the way we lined up tonight but could've gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ManwitaPlan

Bang.....nobody to blame tonight. Their just too good for us and always play to their ability when we meet.

Worrying thing now is if we lose to City at the weekend we could get into a rut. Lot of positives from first half tonight but once they score its ver hard to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

No cutting edge whatsoever, Lennon brutal. So badly need a top striker :mad:

Battered in 2nd half , difference is their lads chasing every single ball , our lads strolling around the park. Our defence is creaking.

and in goes number 3:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

dawson asleep all night, defoe brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tippspur wrote: »
    i wonder would Galaxy take Defoe aswell.

Would not be good enough for their starting 11 mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Terrible performance, men versus boys tonight I'm afraid. poor passing, poor decision making (esp VdV) and poor effort.
    Lennon can't cross, Bale not in the game and Defoe was a waste of space. I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say the only good point from tonight is that Freidel can still do it :(

The joys of following the boys, COYS......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

lennon very poor again, no composure when he got through in the second half. Central midfield, like every year, is so so soft. Easy one at the weekend with city at home!

Did well first half, but murdered in the 2nd, and got exacly what we deserved.

Kaboul was good, worryingly Bale was very quiet. Nothing has changed with VDV.

Anyway, we never get anything there, forget it and move in I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    lennon very poor again, no composure when he got through in the second half. Central midfield, like every year, is so so soft. Easy one at the weekend with city at home!
    Corluka shocking when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Only positive tonight was Gomez getting dropped, Lennon useless again and nothing from the strikers. Worrying start to the season, need to sort out the Modric situation this week and buy players who actually want to play for spurs and are quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

We had a power-cut here from the 8th min till the 84th min:mad: not a happy boy here.don't think il even bother watching the highlights oh well..

Well that's really hard to take. I thought we played very well in the first half, though in the second we struggled. No control in the middle of the pitch at all and unfortunately Niko & Jake aren't a dominant enough combination for games of this level. Maybe against lower league opposition, but not the top 4.

I agree that Lennon was crap, as was Bale, and VDV really winds me up. It's like he thinks he's playing 5 a-side at times, shooting from everywhere. Very frustrating to watch.

It's a shame that we conceeded 3 goals as I don't think we deserved it. However, as Hatch and everyone else said before the game, we never get anything there, so let's just move on and forget about it. The next game is very important now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

How was bad were Defoe and Lennon...so frustrating!

When is he going to give Pav a chance for god sake and realise Defoe just can't do it. He barely looked interested at all!

Lennon runs around like a headless chicken with the ball and Im sick of watching it! Let him off to whoever wants him.

Harry.... PLease please please buy a striker!!!

Advertisement