Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom of sorts.

• 14-08-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

My elderly Mother-in-law lives in a granny flat next to our house. She hasn't been well recently. I am wondering if there is anything available for her to alert us if she is not feeling well during the night. The phone is not suitable. I was thinking of a walkie talkie but she is not able to use that either. We have thought about the personal alarm but we know that she would only use that in an extreme case, when it would probably be too late.
    I was going to wire in a door bell to our bedroom but then I would rather that she could carry around a switch to activate it.
    Im sure there is a custom made solution to my problem, but I thought I would post up here and see what comes up. Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement