Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for a present

Options
  • 14-08-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm buying my father in law a birthday present and was thinking about a fishing rod. He mentioned that he used to fish for mackerel when he was younger so I was looking to get him a good or high quality rod for mackerel. I've spent the last couple of hours lost on the net looking at different models but am none the wiser.

I would really appreciate it if you could give some recommendations and perhaps a shop in Dublin which would stock them.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Best advice I can give is to get him a BeachCaster if shore fishing is likely to be what he will be doing. However, if he may consider some freshwater fishing also, a spinning rod is a good option, since it can also be used from the shore.

If I were you I would find a tackle shop relatively near where he lives and seek advice from them. In most cases their knowledge is invaluable with regard to fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

it all depends on your budget to be honest, the shakspeare salt rang are a great rod, will cover all types of fishing from beachcasting to feathering for mackeral

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Thank you for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Yeah as said already, best thing is to get into your local tackle shop and get advice

21/25

Advertisement