Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuning Eurobird 1- Help needed!

• 14-08-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, i have a comag sl40hd receiver. I am currently receiving the astra and hotbird satellites as they were in a preinstalled list of sattelites in the box. Eurobird 1 was not in this list, is there anyway i could manually tune the satellite into the receiver? And if so how would i go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Unless you have a massive dish (2m+), 28.5 and 28.2 are effectively the same orbital position. So when you scan Astra 2, you're scanning Eurobird 1 as well.

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

You can check what channels you might be missing at the link above. The "footprints" column tells you whats coming from Astra (28.2E) and Eurobird (28.5E).

If you're missing channels or whole transponders, you may need to do an autoscan to allow the receiver find the missing transponders, so that it can add the channels from them to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

polyfusion wrote: »
    Unless you have a massive dish (2m+), 28.5 and 28.2 are effectively the same orbital position. So when you scan Astra 2, you're scanning Eurobird 1 as well.

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

You can check what channels you might be missing at the link above. The "footprints" column tells you whats coming from Astra (28.2E) and Eurobird (28.5E).

If you're missing channels or whole transponders, you may need to do an autoscan to allow the receiver find the missing transponders, so that it can add the channels from them to the list.

Cheers, it's actually the music channels im missing so ill check the frequency and look for that when scanning Astra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Hi lads, i have a comag sl40hd receiver. I am currently receiving the astra and hotbird satellites as they were in a preinstalled list of sattelites in the box. Eurobird 1 was not in this list, is there anyway i could manually tune the satellite into the receiver? And if so how would i go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just because Hotbird is preinstalled in the satellites list in the box it doesn't mean you are picking it up unless you have a dish pointing at Hotbird 13E.(I won't complicate things by mentioning multi lnb setups etc.)

If you select Astra2 and do a blind scan it will pick up anything from Eurobird also.
    Those boxes can be a bit of a pain in the hole,I've used a couple and ended up simply wiping the channels and scanning again as it will scan whatever satellite it's pointing at regardless of what it says on the satellite list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Thanks guys, went into the astra menu and picked the transponders i wanted from eurobird and it worked perfect.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Good you got sorted.

I noticed yesterday that there were some duplicates coming in on an autoscan, and can see from flysat that there are indeed 2 transponders with duplicate channels, 11307 V and 11642 V. NME and a few other music channels are there, so if you scanned 11642 V, you may need to scan 11307 V some time in the future, as the channels were recently added to that transponder, and may eventually disappear from 11642 V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement