Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens in Dublin City

Options
  • 14-08-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys,
    Me and my girlfriend are looking for kittens at the moment. Anyone does know where we can find an animal shelter to adopt a kitty or anything?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

the dspca will have loads of kittens at this time of year. and nice old cats too, only the older cats will get the website picture treatment because the kittens are in and out in no time.

http://www.dspca.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jaybro

Just do a simple online search and there's loads. We got one there a couple months back and the choice was huge, loads of people giving them away to nice families...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The DSPCA charge something like €150 rehoming fee for a kitten last time I was up there. They may also want to visit your home & check if it's suitable, although that may just be for dogs. The upside is that you can be sure it's vaccinated, wormed, etc, which you are not if you go the other route of a free kitten. There are always ads in the supermarket notices, gumtree, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Saw an ad looking for homes for kittens in Lilliput coffee shop in Arbour Hill there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

€80 fee for cats, i'd guess kittens are the same story. But they are a registered charity on the look out for funding.

Good luck in your cat search op. a cat can only make your life better as they are deadly.

(From the dspca website)
    Cat Adoption Fees
    Our adoption fee of €80 does not cover the full cost of the treatment and care your chosen animal may have received whilst at the rescue and rehoming centre. All of our cats are vaccinated, neutered, wormed, de-flea’d and micro-chipped before they are rehomed.

In the case of cats younger than 6 months, we will make an appointment for you to bring the cat back to us for neutering as part of the adoption fee.
    Fees are necessary if we are to continue helping the sick, injured and cruelly treated animals in need and we always welcome additional donations!

For more information on rehoming a cat or kitten, please telephone (01-499 4700) or email one of our Adoption Consultants:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was in Petmania (gullivers retail park santry) the other day and their notice board had quite a number of ads with "kittens free to a good home". Worth a look.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

just remember they are your cats and not your neighbours cats - so dont leave them to clean up after them:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I got a kitten off Gumtree last week. You can see them on Donedeal too. DSPCA charges 80 euro but they do fully vaccinat, microchip and they will make you an appointment to neuter them for free at a later date so thats actually very cheap really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is the Cat and Dog Protection Association on North Brunswick st, some pictures of cats to be rehomed here.Kitties!
    Where you can find this little chap, Panther. :D
    panther_640x480.jpg
    NOTE: I have had no dealings with them, was looking to foster a cat and they came up in a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You could also check in your local vets. People often put up posters there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 charlie05

Hi I have 5 kittens ready to be rehomed thay are all poty trained and weened.
    (2 male) 1 black 1 dark tabby (3 female) 1 black 1 black with white mustach and 1 black with white socks and vest. thay are free to good home if you intrested:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

The Animal Welfare clinic on Charlemont Street have kittens looking for homes. They are the vets beside the Barge pub.

http://animalwelfareclinic.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Markface

Hi

There is a lady in wicklow who rescues kittens. I know it's not Dublin but she has a lot of kittens at the moment so maybe you could work something out. Definately worth a call. I got 2 from her in May and they are looking great now.

She asked me to let people know here.

You can contact Catriona on <snip>

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would go to the local Vet, there are always people advertising kittens ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No mobile phone numbers please

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

We adopted a kitten from that lady Catriona 2 weeks ago. She had a great selection of rescued kittens, and does amazing work. He was wormed when we got him and was really healthy, friendly and obviously well handled. He was approx 8/9 weeks old.

It's a bit of a trek but you could make a day of it...nice drive to Wicklow!

PM me for her number if you want it!

Advertisement